Negotiation

McWeedy

If you were Charles Green how would you be playing the negotiation with the SPL/SFA/SFL?

I'd go for "we're not having titles stripped, a transfer embargo or surrendering any rights....deny us membership if you want....it'll give us a case to take to UEFA to move to a different league (no option of league in own nation)."

Possibly risky but they have too much to loose not voting us in. However like any gamble you'd have to be prepared for them to say "fine" and invite Spartans....

How would you play it?

thank fcuk youre not charles Green then!

I had a thought about this earlier and wondered if the SFA did refuse a place whether the CAS or UEFA would relax their guidelines to allow us to find a place to play.....ie down south

We need sfa approval to apply for FA membership, we all know how the vote will go

Let me put this as briefly as I can. 2 Million quid. That is our bargaining chip. If the SPL don't get our TV rights then they can't afford to pay their SFA membership. If they can't pay, no premier league teams can play. The fallout will be the collapse of the SPL.

But what better way to hit back at all those fuckers who tried to screw us? It might mean a season without football, or playing non professional games, or finding ways to play games outside of the league structure like testimonials. but at some point, somebody has to blink and admit that it's time Scottish football was radically rearranged.

Lets deal with the corruption in ALL of the game, lets deal with the living on budgets we can't afford etc. They are all hypocrites if they think we believe any corruption was limited to Rangers. Lets sweep out the stench and start with a new brush.

Rangers were not corrupt, Craig Whyte was.

The sfa/spl as an organisation are corrupt.

We weren't demoted to the 3 div, as a newco we were denied entry to the top tier, we were told we had to start at the bottom, it feels like a demotion but they will argue otherwise.

How the SPL can try to claim any TV rights from the SFL is staggering.

Longmuir seems to be on the ball though, he wants to treat them like any other bidder, whichever proposal benefits SFL 1,2 & 3 most will hopefully secure the rights. Its difficult to know at this stage what monetary value it will have for SFL clubs. Lets be honest, outwith the Rangers games there will be little or no interest. Green should be asking for at least 75% :craphead:

Accepting under duress still allows recourse later under law, so your statement is wrong

You have to declare your said 'Duress' when the agreement is made, for it to be known. You cannot agree to something now, sign for it and then declare in two weeks time that you did it under duress, much like is being suggested here.

Too many people are trying to pretend they know the law in the case of Rangers and the SFA/SPL!

Longmuir holds all the cards I think. His position could be a game changer. Literally. If he decides in favour of Rangers and the SFL and decides that Scottish football needs a shake-up, he could do it. Don't forget that as much as the SPL need to pay the SFA their 2 million membership fee, the SFA need that membership fee money too, in order that they can survive and function.

I hope this guy sees this and plays a smart move. Many clubs in the SFL actively want a shake up of football in Scotland - and if this guy is as clever as I hope he is, he sounds like just the guy to do it.

The SPL and SFA want their cake and to eat it. I don't think they should get it.

The removal of titles is outright blackmail. We are effectively being blackmailed for 2 million quid. Sporting integrity my arse!

You have to declare your said 'Duress' when the agreement is made, for it to be known. You cannot agree to something now, sign for it and then declare in two weeks time that you did it under duress, much like is being suggested here.

Too many people are trying to pretend they know the law in the case of Rangers and the SFA/SPL!

McCoist stated clearly that he did make his objections known.

This is not a negotiation. This is extortion because the other side simply have threats. Negotiation is about both sides winning and neither losing.

The introduction of red herrings like tv rights and additional parties is a joke.

SFA wanted to save face with its transfer embargo. We could accept this at a pinch as the SFA has given some ground on the start date. Acceptance of Footballing Debts, we could accept this with time to pay and acknowledgement of our rights with regard to transfer fees.

Anything else is not relevant to the issue of the SFA membership and should be excluded.

McCoist stated clearly that he did make his objections known.

By walking out of the meeting?

C'mon mate, we need to be a little bit more intelligent than that if we are to win this battle. No signature on the sheet, means you disagree, sign it and you agree to the decision. Duress? Not going to be proved in football - you either sign the document and get on with it or you don't sign and stick to your guns.

By walking out of the meeting?

C'mon mate, we need to be a little bit more intelligent than that if we are to win this battle. No signature on the sheet, means you disagree, sign it and you agree to the decision. Duress? Not going to be proved in football - you either sign the document and get on with it or you don't sign and stick to your guns.

Well in that case we are fucked on that count then aren't we? Except that McCoist also said that no agreement had been signed and that the SFA jumped the gun by implying that it had.

I guess what was actually said and what will be agreed will all come out in the wash tomorrow. Maybe it's best to wait until then before declaring our demise?

Well in that case we are fucked on that count then aren't we? Except that McCoist also said that no agreement had been signed and that the SFA jumped the gun by implying that it had.

I guess what was actually said and what will be agreed will all come out in the wash tomorrow. Maybe it's best to wait until then before declaring our demise?

I am not predicting our demise, I am telling you that Rangers cannot sign an agreement only to revoke on it once it suits.

I know fine well that Rangers have not signed any agreement and I agree with their reasoning. No signature should be made until the deal suits us.

We CANNOT sign and then take the SFA to court, like you wish!

McCoist walking out of the meeting was a purely symbolic gesture. It will have been done for effect.

As for the current stand-off, I posted previously that what is required is a compromise after playing some hard-ball. For the first time in this entire situation, we actually have a bargaining position. The SPL need us for TV cash. If they didn't there would be no negotiations. The SPL need £2m to pay the SFL. They apparently haven't got the money unless we sign up to a TV deal. It appears that the SPL are trying to blackmail the SFL (again) this time over the £2m although Mr Longmuir of the SFL will fully appreciate that contractually the SPL MUST pay the money. The SFL would love RFC in their leagues as the extra cash generated is a very welcome bonus. As there is an impasse at present the compromise which I would (eventually) offer would be agreeing to the TV deal as long as the SFL get an additional sum on top of their £2m, we get a fair sum for every televised game and that the title-stripping agenda is dropped permanently. A slap on the wrist is about all that I would be prepared to accept.

See these rules:

G6.1.1 give a warning as to future conduct;

G6.1.2 give a reprimand;

G6.1.3 impose a fine; (as long as it isn't ridiculous)

G6.1.11 subject to Rule G6.3, order that a Club be

expelled from the League; (for a period of 3 years)

G6.1.18 make such other direction, sanction or disposal,

not expressly provided for in these Rules, as it

shall think appropriate; and/or (give us a suspended sanction in the event of any future occurrence)

Like every other Bear, I consider we have suffered enough but realistically I believe we have to consider some level of compromise. Better something we propose ourselves than to let others dream up punitive sanctions.

I do have one other point about the EBT scheme: as all payments were considered to be loans, it would be very interesting to see what would happen if the players repaid a symbolic £100 to the EBT fund. That would throw a completely different light on any claim of a dual contract. It probably needn't be every player, just a handful of high profile names.

I am not predicting our demise, I am telling you that Rangers cannot sign an agreement only to revoke on it once it suits.

I know fine well that Rangers have not signed any agreement and I agree with their reasoning. No signature should be made until the deal suits us.

We CANNOT sign and then take the SFA to court, like you wish!

I didn't wish it. The second poster from the top may have wished it. But I don't want any transfer embargo at all. I accept that ultimately we may have no choice to sign, but I certainly don't wish it. Given that I don't wish it, then logically I can't wish for a court decision to fight it, as I don't recognise it as a legally enforcible sanction anyway.

Let's see what the position is tomorrow. McCoist says he will go back and state Rangers position and that no deal has yet been signed. So lets wait and see what, if anything is agreed.

We should tell the SFA/SPL we won't be discussing tv deals until our registration is assured first!

To be clear...the tv money for us isn't a kings ransom but it IS for the SPL clubs and their survival!

If the SPL arsehole clubs get no tv deal they are fucked...so are the SFL Clubs with the £2 million not

Forthcoming from the SPL...so the scenario is we tell the SFA/SPL to give us our registration, drop the duel contracts shite and we will then discuss a tv deal!

If CG tells them no tv deal talks 'till we get our registration to play then more than a few SPL clubs will go into administration and so will SFL clubs due to the SPL being unable to pay the SFL clubs the £2 million... The SPL might even fold too...

If you were Charles Green how would you be playing the negotiation with the SPL/SFA/SFL?

I'd go for "we're not having titles stripped, a transfer embargo or surrendering any rights....deny us membership if you want....it'll give us a case to take to UEFA to move to a different league (no option of league in own nation)."

Possibly risky but they have too much to loose not voting us in. However like any gamble you'd have to be prepared for them to say "fine" and invite Spartans....

How would you play it?

Simples. The majority of Scotlands football clubs have voted to have us in their League. So what is your Fuckin problem. Sorry about being so polite about my reply.