Truro City FC

Shane

Ask them to try and arrange a friendly sure bears would go. I would anyways would help unless they kicked us which i doubt as they arent a Scottish club

The only Rangers game I would not attend. ;) Up the Town.

Some of you may know Truro City have faced more than one winding up order over the past year or so. Tonight it's looking like they may go to the wall. As a Rangers supporter, after what we've been through, my heart goes out to their fans and employees.

They will be OK in the end. Just back playing where they were before they rode high on Heaney's money.

shame what is happening to them seen them a few times years back before the money man moved in.a local guy to me was on their books as a keeper and was reported to be on £100 a week to sit on the bench if that was what they were paying in the league they are in then its no wonder they are in this mess.but still a shame to see another old club fucked by useless money men :disappointment:

shame what is happening to them seen them a few times years back before the money man moved in.a local guy to me was on their books as a keeper and was reported to be on £100 a week to sit on the bench if that was what they were paying in the league they are in then its no wonder they are in this mess.but still a shame to see another old club fucked by useless money men :disappointment:

They have ended up playing in a league way above where they have spent the great majority of their history though. They also won the FA Vase...something that would have been pretty much undreamed off a few years ago. They had a good ride on the 'money men'. It's not a similar situation to Rangers. More like Gretna.

They have ended up playing in a league way above where they have spent the great majority of their history though. They also won the FA Trophy...something that would have been pretty much undreamed off a few years ago. They had a good ride on the 'money men'. It's not a similar situation to Rangers. More like Gretna.

makes no odds either way its another club going to the wall due to over ambitious money men.from what i have heard locally they had the set up but not the experience to carry it through trying to run before they could walk.some of that may well be jealousy as is the norm in this area holsworthy appledore torrington all wanted to make the same moves and have suffered for it.but all that said i hope they can work out some sort of deal to keep them going

makes no odds either way its another club going to the wall due to over ambitious money men.from what i have heard locally they had the set up but not the experience to carry it through trying to run before they could walk.some of that may well be jealousy as is the norm in this area holsworthy appledore torrington all wanted to make the same moves and have suffered for it.but all that said i hope they can work out some sort of deal to keep them going

Well a few people around here will feel the same way Bears would feel if it were the Tims the same situation. In any case, they will almost certainly end up with a higher status than before they went on their glory hunt. Likely be back in their famous old colours as well. As I say, not really similar to what has happened to Rangers.

Well a few people around here will feel the same way Bears would feel if it were the Tims the same situation. In any case, they will almost certainly end up with a higher status than before they went on their glory hunt. Likely be back in their famous old colours as well. As I say, not really similar to what has happened to Rangers.

An owner with his ego first? Yeah, we know nothing about that...

RSNA2704D_380_875849a.jpg

It may be more of a Gretna-type story, but that makes it no better for the supporters. And guess what bank crops up in this sorry tale???

These are the events (as I'm led to believe):

The investors paid off the mortgages Heaney raised against the club following Lloyds' 'calling in' of the debt.

Other debts have also been settled by the investment company.

A substantial offer was (and still is) on the table from the investors for Heaney to accept and leave the Club.

Heaney accepted this offer.

As part of the agreement, Heaney's shares in the club were to be signed over to the investment company.

They, in turn, were happy to sign them over to Mark Woolcock.

Heaney had issues with this and wanted them to be assigned to Webb (presumably so he could still play puppet master).

Investment company weren't happy with this (understandably!) and so compromise was reached whereby Mark Woolcock & Webb would hold the shares equally.

Heaney resigned as a Director on Friday 21st July, leaving Mark Woolcock as the sole Director.

Mark Woolcock formed an Executive Committee to take the Club forward.

Heaney, on discovering this (through Webb) then suspended Mark Woolcock on Wednesday 25th July.

On Friday 27th July Webb (presumably bored at the lack of action at Treyew Road) decides to set fire to all the crap he's 'fly-tipped' behind the Carlsberg Stand - which comprises of asbestos sheeting - setting the back of the stand alight in the process. tries to cover the mess with old 'TCFC - Truck Stop' signs. Could be the reason for the players' sudden illness this Tuesday! Wink

Back to serious business: Webb (NOT a Director) then formed another Committee on Monday 30th July. During this meeting he stated that he had told all the members of the Executive Committee that they had been stood down. In fact, he had not communicated this to them, and hadn't even contacted all 6 of them.

Heaney now refuses to relinquish his share in the Club.

Webb tells the Management & players on 2nd August that Heaney "would rather see the Club in Step 7 than give up his share in the club."

Players then submit league registrations, but also submit 14 days notice to the Club.

If outstanding monies are not paid by 10pm Thursday 10th August then players will exercise their right to leave the Club.

Off Tiger Talk, a TCFC forum.

Edit: sorry for the formatting shitshow there

An owner with his ego first? Yeah, we know nothing about that...

It may be more of a Gretna-type story, but that makes it no better for the supporters. And guess what bank crops up in this sorry tale???

Many of whom were supporting other clubs in the area before the glory hunt began. They are not to be compared to Bears and what has happened to them.

Off Tiger Talk, a TCFC forum.

Might as well post off kerrydale Street as far as I'm concerned.

Many of whom were supporting other clubs in the area before the glory hunt began. They are not to be compared to Bears and what has happened to them.

Might as well post off kerrydale Street as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, mate 00000042.gif

• 4 weeks later...

TCFC into administration: http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/9904341.Truro_City_go_into_administration/?ref=twtrec

Surely the FA will do everything within or outwith their powers to ensure the ultimate destruction of this club, as we have learned from the SFA is the edict of football authorities.

Feel for their fans 003.gif

A pretty disgraceful state of affairs. With the money sloshing around English football, they should be able to help one of their clubs when it's in trouble.

I'm not saying give them handouts, but some sort of loan, overseen by some outside management to help them downsize would keep them alive.

Their own FA should be trying to arrange money spinning friendlies.

I feel sorry for their fans and would certainly support any help we could offer.