Mike Ashley

WCPRANGERS1

So according to reports the SFA are set to ratify his move to own a 10% stake in Rangers as long as it is no more tban this and that he has no say in the running of the club.

Now pardon my stupidity but hasnt Green already stated that investors would have a low stakehold in the club and also what right to the SFA have to say what his role and invsstment level is in the club, i thought they were there tto assure that investors are "fit and proper" no to decide that persons role in the club.

Also if this has anything to do with being a major stakeholder in another club then why is Romanov allowed to have a stakehding in 3 clubs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The level that he's involved, is due to not being able to own more than one club outright/majority in football. It's a FIFA rule or something.

no mate, the sfa said they want ashley to tell them he will have NO involment in the day to day club business.

also to not have more than 15% ( whch is fair enough)

So according to reports the SFA are set to ratify his move to own a 10% stake in Rangers as long as it is no more tban this and that he has no say in the running of the club.

Now pardon my stupidity but hasnt Green already stated that investors would have a low stakehold in the club and also what right to the SFA have to say what his role and invsstment level is in the club, i thought they were there tto assure that investors are "fit and proper" no to decide that persons role in the club.

Also if this has anything to do with being a major stakeholder in another club then why is Romanov allowed to have a stakehding in 3 clubs

WTF???

If that is indeed true then they are obviously shitting themselves at us having anyone who may be able to wield a wee bit of power - involved within our club.

This needs to be nipped in the bud or taken to court.

Shower of corrupt bastards.

some side from belarus though im sure???

you would think though that given hes the man in charge of that bank then the link is there for all to see.....and if it works as easily as that shouldnt Ashley just put sports direct as out investors after all they just have the naming rights of st.jamesl

WTF???

If that is indeed true then they are obviously shitting themselves at us having anyone who may be able to wield a wee bit of power - involved within our club.

This needs to be nipped in the bud or taken to court.

Shower of corrupt bastards.

What the fuck is the idea with that avatar? This forum is magic but trivialising stuff like that makes me ashamed and sick, poison for the mind joking about that and it appears to be endorsed here at times due to the frequency of the subject being raised, for some it is a habit, if you can't beat a dhim in debate or wind him up without resorting to that guff you are a poor imitation of a Rangers man.

Rangers Media should be the leading light in Rangers discussion, debate and taking the club forward in a time we are crying out for maturity and leadership, this crap does us no favours at all.

Ashley getting involved may not be a bad thing for us but once again its a guy with a chequered past, would be great just to get a more solid citizen on board like Tom Hunter or McColl. Saying that, Murray's portrayal of a rich, tough but fair businessman bluffed him a knighthood and years of grace with us fans so what do I know?

What the fuck is the idea with that avatar? This forum is magic but trivialising stuff like that makes me ashamed and sick, poison for the mind joking about that and it appears to be endorsed here at times due to the frequency of the subject being raised, for some it is a habit, if you can't beat a dhim in debate or wind him up without resorting to that guff you are a poor imitation of a Rangers man.

Rangers Media should be the leading light in Rangers discussion, debate and taking the club forward in a time we are crying out for maturity and leadership, this crap does us no favours at all.

Ashley getting involved may not be a bad thing for us but once again its a guy with a chequered past, would be great just to get a more solid citizen on board like Tom Hunter or McColl. Saying that, Murray's portrayal of a rich, tough but fair businessman bluffed him a knighthood and years of grace with us fans so what do I know?

It's far from trivialising it - far from it. Complete opposite in fact.

With regards to Ashley having a chequered past, I can understand their stance on checking out anyone involved with us after the Whyte debacle, but for them to have a say in level of investment etc is total bollox and something that a court would overturn in a minute - as I would almost guarantee that such draconian censure would breach some European trading / competition laws

It's far from trivialising it - far from it. Complete opposite in fact.

With regards to Ashley having a chequered past, I can understand their stance on checking out anyone involved with us after the Whyte debacle, but for them to have a say in level of investment etc is total bollox and something that a court would overturn in a minute - as I would almost guarantee that such draconian censure would breach some European trading / competition laws

I think there was some issue with Robert Maxwell investing in various clubs in the 80's and certain procedures were put in place.

Perhaps that is UK wide, I'm not really sure. Totally agree these clowns should have no say in levels of investment etc.