Have Man City lost their pull?

derek1872

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Chelsea have a greater pull than City for footballing reasons? They were hardly high flyers before RA came along!

European champions, also i think hazard said he snubbed both manchester clubs as he thought manchester was a shit hole!!

I am so fickle on the matter. before i was saying i thought the 2 manchester clubs would be out of sight before january but now i dont know, city still have 2 major liabilities in tevez and balotelli who will basically go on strike the second things start going wrong and i really think city should have dispossed of both of them without question in the summer. UTD are ooking a bit rough around the edges at times but definately improving and chelsea looking like a major threat again it would seem with torres looking sharp again with mata and hazard as play makers could wel be in with a shout. im as excited as ever about this season its captivating already!!

European champions, also i think hazard said he snubbed both manchester clubs as he thought manchester was a shit hole!!

I am so fickle on the matter. before i was saying i thought the 2 manchester clubs would be out of sight before january but now i dont know, city still have 2 major liabilities in tevez and balotelli who will basically go on strike the second things start going wrong and i really think city should have dispossed of both of them without question in the summer. UTD are ooking a bit rough around the edges at times but definately improving and chelsea looking like a major threat again it would seem with torres looking sharp again with mata and hazard as play makers could wel be in with a shout. im as excited as ever about this season its captivating already!!

They are European champions and they did well to win last season. However if I was a player looking for a move at that level it would be between the two Manchester clubs. Man City have the buying power and chance to make history and Man U have the Ferguson regime and the prestigious history. As much as I quite like Chelsea, RA doesn't have the same spending power and they don't really have the history, they also have an ageing team and an owner with no patience to properly rebuild.

I wouldn't care less about which city was nicer, there are nice part of every city. I would be more than prepared to live in the Manchester area for 4-5 years if I was winning trophies.

The question for me would be which of the two to go for!

Their only pull is money

In fairness with winning the title it has gave them a bit more but they still are no way near man u or Chelsea in terms of footballing pull

I think people seem to forget Chelsea were nobodies until 7 years ago.

The biggest clubs in England are Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

They are European champions and they did well to win last season. However if I was a player looking for a move at that level it would be between the two Manchester clubs. Man City have the buying power and chance to make history and Man U have the Ferguson regime and the prestigious history. As much as I quite like Chelsea, RA doesn't have the same spending power and they don't really have the history, they also have an ageing team and an owner with no patience to properly rebuild. I wouldn't care less about which city was nicer, there are nice part of every city. I would be more than prepared to live in the Manchester area for 4-5 years if I was winning trophies.

The question for me would be which of the two to go for!

:lol:

Utter pish.

Chelsea have sepnt more than anyone else in the last 18 months in England.

They have also brough in Lukaku, Oscar, De Bruyne, Hazard, Piazon, Mata, Luiz, Ramires and a few more who are all under 25 so I don't quite grasp what you are talking about.

<cr>

I think people seem to forget Chelsea were nobodies until 7 years ago.

The biggest clubs in England are Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Not really nobodies as they had won a few FA cups and European cups (some now defunct competition I am sure).

Liverpool have done hee haw in years now and the title of being a 'big club' has done them little good as the best players are all joining City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal instead.

Utter pish.

Chelsea have sepnt more than anyone else in the last 18 months in England.

They have also brough in Lukaku, Oscar, De Bruyne, Hazard, Piazon, Mata, Luiz, Ramires and a few more who are all under 25 so I don't quite grasp what you are talking about.

<cr>

So Chelsea have the same spending power as Man City? I'm not interested in the past, I'm looking at the future.

Not really nobodies as they had won a few FA cups and European cups (some now defunct competition I am sure).

Liverpool have done hee haw in years now and the title of being a 'big club' has done them little good as the best players are all joining City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal instead.

They won their 5th CL trophy 7 years ago.....

Have been in another CL final 2 years later and only Man Utd and Chelsea have won more major honours than them in the last decade and lets be honest Chelsea bought theirs.

They don't need to. Man City or Chelsea will win the league this year at a canter.

Their manager wants new players and they have not given him the funds.

Chelsea won't win it this season, It's City or United imo.

City as we seen against Liverpool (who are no great shakes btw) could do with a player or 2.

In your opinion, I have seen nothing this summer to suggest they are going to plough millions more into City.

Thanks, I was wondering who's opinion I was giving. 10310.gif

I have also seen nothing this summer to suggest they are going to plough millions more into City. They could be doing with shedding some players.

Thanks, I was wondering who's opinion I was giving. 10310.gif

I have also seen nothing this summer to suggest they are going to plough millions more into City. They could be doing with shedding some players.

You were talking about spending power and that Chelsea don’t have it yet have outspent everyone else for nearly 2 years, then you said Chelsea were an ageing team who are not prepared to rebuild. On both these points you were completely wrong.

City quite clearly need a top quality central defender as they are leaking goals on a regular basis, 6 in their last 3 EPL games. They lost out to PSG on Silva and have been fighting a losing battle for Agger…now if they ‘could spend what they want’ then these players would be at City would they not?

You were talking about spending power and that Chelsea don't have it yet have outspent everyone else for nearly 2 years, then you said Chelsea were an ageing team who are not prepared to rebuild. On both these points you were completely wrong.

City quite clearly need a top quality central defender as they are leaking goals on a regular basis, 6 in their last 3 EPL games. They lost out to PSG on Silva and have been fighting a losing battle for Agger…now if they 'could spend what they want' then these players would be at City would they not?

You need to untwist your knickers here, I'm not having a go at you.

I said they didn't have the same level of spending power as Man City. Which they don't. I didn't say they didn't have any spending power. Chelsea also like to chop and change their manager (head coach really) frequently and have never really demonstrated a consistent ability to bring through young players the way that Man U and Ferguson does. They might have bought younger players but so far they don't get much game time. There is no top to bottom structure to bleeds them into the team.

Man City had the best defensive record in the EPL last year. I don't think that was by luck. They also had the best scoring record. Also a manager who has lots of experience winning trophies so they have a very balanced set up. Every manager wants more players, the only manager I have ever heard saying he needed less players was Mourinho. I suspect the board would like to get rid of some of the dead weight before they spend big on anyone that might improve the team. Nothing wrong with being thrifty even if you have plenty to spend.

Arsenal haven't won much more than Chelsea - not sure how they're so certainly a 'bigger club'.

I would hate to be an Arsenal fan. Such a frustrating team. Like a handsome man, who has all the silky moves with the ladies, but when it really counts - just can't get it up!

You need to untwist your knickers here, I'm not having a go at you.

I said they didn't have the same level of spending power as Man City. Which they don't. I didn't say they didn't have any spending power. Chelsea also like to chop and change their manager (head coach really) frequently and have never really demonstrated a consistent ability to bring through young players the way that Man U and Ferguson does. They might have bought younger players but so far they don't get much game time. There is no top to bottom structure to bleeds them into the team.

Man City had the best defensive record in the EPL last year. I don't think that was by luck. They also had the best scoring record. Also a manager who has lots of experience winning trophies so they have a very balanced set up. Every manager wants more players, the only manager I have ever heard saying he needed less players was Mourinho. I suspect the board would like to get rid of some of the dead weight before they spend big on anyone that might improve the team. Nothing wrong with being thrifty even if you have plenty to spend.

I never said you were, however I found your post fairly poor thought out in regards to Chelsea as they have been outspending City for 18 months or more now. The young players are certainly getting game time in Hazard, Mata, Luiz, Ramires who were all edged into the squad as soon as they arrived. I think they are doing the same with Oscar and Cesar.

So do you not think City need a top quality centre half after a poor end to last season defensive wise which has carried forward to this season? Savic, Lescott and Toure have been given torrid times already.