Foreign stadiums for atmosphere

topgoalie

Would love to sample the atmosphere at a Galatasaray-Fenerbache game,the Turks always seem to break the records of decibel records at games,where following the Ger's or not was your best experience.Only foreign ground i've been to was the Nou Camp but pretty disappointed tbh.

Does not need to be football,remember an old mate of mine [loved his cricket and a bricklayer at that?] saying that he went to watch a cricket game in Australia in front of 100,000 in Melbourne,i was astounded with that.....

Saw boca juniors v velez sat amongst the away fans with the velez support . It was unreal . Swapped my rangers top for there's . Outside ibrox easily the best iv seen .

Botafogo v flamengo - maracana . Despite a relatively small crowd ( maybe 30000, looked empty cos of the stadium size ) it was deafening . sat with the Botafogo fans and they were great . Couldn't hear myself think 20 mins before ko till 20 mins after ft

Belgrade and Buenos Aires.

i would reckon they are mental,but talking to another guy and he told me IRAN is fckn the most MENTALIST,and he had not a clue what was going on,think he was unfortunatly just outside the stadium when they qualifyed for something or other,he did'nt know because he hasnt a clue about football,going back about 14 years ago,but always stuck with me ,IRAN...FOOTBALL....

I think i might pop along ot a Karlsruhe game at some point this season, I wanted to go to the Hamburg game but forgot. They arent doing too well in the league though it looks like it could be a long time till the next derby unless they draw eachother in the cup.they score 3 goals in 6 matches in the 3rd division then put 4 pat HSV in one match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVTs2W_bqB0

Seen Milan v Udinese, Ajax v VVV Venolo and Hertha Berlin v Hamburg, easily the best atmosphere was Hertha. We were above the Hertha ultras and across from the Hamburg ultras and seeing so many people clap and chant in unison is incredible, would be amazing to have Ibrox back like that.

It seems it was so crap that it was hardly ever full of anyone :anguish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadio_delle_Alpi

It's really out of the way too which doesn't help either. I saw the new stadium when it was being built and it looked so impressive.

I've been to the Stadio Olimpico in Turin for a few games and always enjoyed the atmosphere. Only been to 1 game that was a sell out but sitting near the ultras they really get the atmosphere going. Guys leading the chants basically sit for 90 minutes with their backs to the games getting the atmosphere going!