Legends v traitors.

Velo

Our recent predicament has got me thinking about money in the game, all this shit black, templeton, Sandra have had for signing for the biggest club in the country as if it was a backward step. "they're only signing for you for the money", "it's a backward step". As if zaliukas, skacel, etc went to Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) for anything but money, or ledley, commons or anyone else to that mob.

Anyway, looking back at our top foreign players from the 90s onwards, how many would have considered the gers in the first place if it wasn't for money.

Gazza, laudrup, albertz, amoroso, numan, gio to name a few. If they couldn't earn at least as much at the gers as they could elsewhere what were their incentives to come to Scotland? It wasn't the weather!

If that's accepted, and I know it won't be by all, since most of us have loved the club since we were as young as you can understand the game and see it as an innate thing, then why do we love those players, but feel exactly the opposite for the Scottish born ones who decided to follow the money away from us when the future was uncertain at the gers, and at best would have required a slash in earnings?

Laudrup did not come for the cash although am sure we paid him quite generously after playing for clubs like Munich and Milan coming to Rangers was probably more to do with knowing he would start most games therefore get picked for Denmark .

Gazza did not need the cash and am sure if Rangers had not bought him Spurs or someone in England would have , he came for a better chance to play in the Champions League and get his career back on track after injuries in Italy .

As for the Dutch players i think Dick Advocaat had a lot to do with them picking Rangers and not really what kind of cash we were offering . e.g players like gio seen Rangers as a chance to make a name for themselves under a well respected Dutch coach.

Our recent predicament has got me thinking about money in the game, all this shit black, templeton, Sandra have had for signing for the biggest club in the country as if it was a backward step. "they're only signing for you for the money", "it's a backward step". As if zaliukas, skacel, etc went to Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) for anything but money, or ledley, commons or anyone else to that mob.

Anyway, looking back at our top foreign players from the 90s onwards, how many would have considered the gers in the first place if it wasn't for money.

Gazza, laudrup, albertz, amoroso, numan, gio to name a few. If they couldn't earn at least as much at the gers as they could elsewhere what were their incentives to come to Scotland? It wasn't the weather!

If that's accepted, and I know it won't be by all, since most of us have loved the club since we were as young as you can understand the game and see it as an innate thing, then why do we love those players, but feel exactly the opposite for the Scottish born ones who decided to follow the money away from us when the future was uncertain at the gers, and at best would have required a slash in earnings?

All self confessed Teddy Bears. Even if a player signs for the money they soon can't help but fall in love with the Worlds Greatest Club.

Gazza did not need the cash and am sure if Rangers had not bought him Spurs or someone in England would have , he came for a better chance to play in the Champions League and get his career back on track after injuries in Italy .

And partly due to the impression Walter made on him.

Laudrup did not come for the cash although am sure we paid him quite generously after playing for clubs like Munich and Milan coming to Rangers was probably more to do with knowing he would start most games therefore get picked for Denmark .

As for the Dutch players i think Dick Advocaat had a lot to do with them picking Rangers and not really what kind of cash we were offering . e.g players like gio seen Rangers as a chance to make a name for themselves under a well respected Dutch coach.

Every reason you mention no doubt played a part in the players thoughts, and every one of them no doubt left as bears. But...if laudrup had 5k more a week on offer from Chelsea, Gazza the same from spurs and numan or gio similar from say psv would they have joined us in the first place?

Everyone does what they have to to make sure they and their family are secure, and making the most of a short career is a big part of that.

For most players it's usually about money, we've benefited from that a lot of times, so we shouldn't complain when it goes against us.

Aye, and where would that have left us if Naismith,mcgregor, Davis and Whitaker had Tupe'd? Apart from 1 million down every 3 months?

About 5 or 6 million up in transfer fee's for a start pal but then like you said "is it all about the money" because when the career of a footballer is over and the money has dried up all they are left with is memories and respect of which the likes of Big Jig has earned and the deserters have lost......try cashing that down the pub when your a 60 year old ex-Rangers player who let the fans down

:mcculloch: :praise:

About 5 or 6 million up in transfer fee's for a start pal but then like you said "is it all about the money" because when the career of a footballer is over and the money has dried up all they are left with is memories and respect of which the likes of Big Jig has earned and the deserters have lost......try cashing that down the pub when your a 60 year old ex-Rangers player who let the fans down

:mcculloch: :praise:

Aye, but could we afford to take the risk of paying out near 100k a week in wages in the hope that a club would come in with an offer for all 4?

Look at the clubs they've ended up at. Realistically with the wages Davis, mcgregor and Whitaker were on the clubs they ended up at wouldn't have offered them the deal they did if they had to find millions for a transfer fee too. If we got 2 million for naismith it would have been lost in wages to the other 3 by the next transfer window.

And these days, players earn enough in a good career that when they stop playing they're set for life. It's easy for folk to sit here and say the respect of the fans should be worth more than 10000000 in the bank and security for life.

Aye, and where would that have left us if Naismith,mcgregor, Davis and Whitaker had Tupe'd? Apart from 1 million down every 3 months?

You think no-one would have taken them given that they had clauses in their contracts that they could leave for pennies?

You think no-one would have taken them given that they had clauses in their contracts that they could leave for pennies?

So are folk complaining that we've lost out on pennies that their sale *could* have brought in.

Look at the clubs they've ended up at, not exactly renowned for splashing cash and I don't remember any of those clubs coming in with bids for them when they weren't freebies?

So are folk complaining that we've lost out on pennies that their sale *could* have brought in.

Look at the clubs they've ended up at, not exactly renowned for splashing cash and I don't remember any of those clubs coming in with bids for them when they weren't freebies?

We eventually got £800k for Davis, 10 players left, if we get even £300-500k for them thats £3-5m which, given the situation which is a lot of money.

The players negotiated the clauses to ensure that they could leave cheap and would then make up for loss of wages in signing on fees and wages at new club, but still jumped to screw us out of a fee and get a few extra quid in their pockets.

Sound just like the sort of thing legends would do, eh?

We eventually got £800k for Davis, 10 players left, if we get even £300-500k for them thats £3-5m which, given the situation which is a lot of money.

The players negotiated the clauses to ensure that they could leave cheap and would then make up for loss of wages in signing on fees and wages at new club, but still jumped to screw us out of a fee and get a few extra quid in their pockets.

Sound just like the sort of thing legends would do, eh?

Take ten players, say an average wage of 10k a week and we're at nearly half a million pouring out of the club every week. Even if we managed to get a transfer fee for all f the, the sales would have had to go through almost immediately after they Tupe'd or we'd have been making a loss.

Look at edu, Broadfoot and Goian. All first team regulars who did what people are saying was the right thing. How much of a fee did we get for them after we let them go? Or did we make a pretty significant loss on them for the time they transferred.

Take ten players, say an average wage of 10k a week and we're at nearly half a million pouring out of the club every week. Even if we managed to get a transfer fee for all f the, the sales would have had to go through almost immediately after they Tupe'd or we'd have been making a loss.

Look at edu, Broadfoot and Goian. All first team regulars who did what people are saying was the right thing. How much of a fee did we get for them after we let them go? Or did we make a pretty significant loss on them for the time they transferred.

You think these guys done it for the good of Rangers or to line their own pockets?

They jumped at the first opportunity to get more money, and most were signed up right away as they had deals lined up already, luckily for them they got even more than they had expected from their deals.

What the fuck are talking bout? They didn't tupe over so we should thank them for saving us on wages? So Edu, Boca, Goian, McCulloch, Alexander should never be welcomed at Ibrox because they tuped over and we had to honour their wages?

Seriously, WTF!

They are treacherous scum and I'd have no sympathy if their careers suddenly ended. If they had done the right thing by Rangers then when their careers ended they could come back to Ibrox as legends and heroes. Fuck them and fuck you for trying excuse their actions

What the fuck are talking bout? They didn't tupe over so we should thank them for saving us on wages? So Edu, Boca, Goian, McCulloch, Alexander should never be welcomed at Ibrox because they tuped over and we had to honour their wages?

Seriously, WTF!

They are treacherous scum and I'd have no sympathy if their careers suddenly ended. If they had done the right thing by Rangers then when their careers ended they could come back to Ibrox as legends and heroes. Fuck them and fuck you for trying excuse their actions

well said fuck them all

Seriously, WTF!

What I'm saying is we couldn't afford their wages.

Dont see where i said we should thank them for leaving or banish Boca, etc and your emotive language doesn't change the facts I'm afraid.

Whatever their reasons for leaving, and I've got no doubt it was financial gain for almost all of them, the fact is we couldn't afford to keep them and Edu, Goian, Bocanegra and Broadfoot cost us money by staying, and the club couldn't afford to keep them.

Our recent predicament has got me thinking about money in the game, all this shit black, templeton, Sandra have had for signing for the biggest club in the country as if it was a backward step. "they're only signing for you for the money", "it's a backward step". As if zaliukas, skacel, etc went to Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) for anything but money, or ledley, commons or anyone else to that mob.

I agree they came for the money but how the fuck is coming to Rangers a backwards step? Even in the 3rd division? for a start you only just have to look at the crowds we are still getting in the lowest tier in Scottish football.

Everyone else world wide are still talking about Rangers. Rangers have had higher attendances than the whole of Scotland this season and higher than both the previous Scotland World cup Qualifiers at Hampden.

They are coming here because they want to make something of there careers they want to be known they want to win trophies while getting paid well for it. Whats up with that?

Why would players like Sandaza stay at St Johnstone playing in empty stadiums every week with no one even having a care in the world about him or his team? The same goes for Tempelton etc..

We might not be in Europe for 3 years but that doesn't seem to matter to the players as everyone knows we will be back there no doubt about that.

Everyone in Scotland expected Rangers to struggle, they expected the crowds to disappear they expected no "top flight" players would sign for us, and they thought the SPL would become more competitive and exciting. :lol:

They were all wrong and it has backfired on them all. Now it's getting embarrassing some of the stuff there coming away with "why are people still signing for Rangers in the 3rd division"

cgreen.jpg

What I'm saying is we couldn't afford their wages.

Dont see where i said we should thank them for leaving or banish Boca, etc and your emotive language doesn't change the facts I'm afraid.

Whatever their reasons for leaving, and I've got no doubt it was financial gain for almost all of them, the fact is we couldn't afford to keep them and Edu, Goian, Bocanegra and Broadfoot cost us money by staying, and the club couldn't afford to keep them.

Why would Charles Green buy a club when he couldn't afford the players? You utter moron. Rangers are doing just swell financially, it's those SPHell clubs suffering financially you :wanker:

I agree they came for the money but how the fuck is coming to Rangers a backwards step? Even in the 3rd division? for a start you only just have to look at the crowds we are still getting in the lowest tier in Scottish football.

Everyone else world wide are still talking about Rangers. Rangers have had higher attendances than the whole of Scotland this season and higher than both the previous Scotland World cup Qualifiers at Hampden.

They are coming here because they want to make something of there careers they want to be known they want to win trophies while getting paid well for it. Whats up with that?

Why would players like Sandaza stay at St Johnstone playing in empty stadiums every week with no one even having a care in the world about him or his team? The same goes for Tempelton etc..

We might not be in Europe for 3 years but that doesn't seem to matter to the players as everyone knows we will be back there no doubt about that.

Everyone in Scotland expected Rangers to struggle, they expected the crowds to disappear they expected no "top flight" players would sign for us, and they thought the SPL would become more competitive and exciting. :lol:

They were all wrong and it has backfired on them all. Now it's getting embarrassing some of the stuff there coming away with "why are people still signing for Rangers in the 3rd division"

cgreen.jpg

Yep, I pretty much agree with everything you've said. My "backward step" was a dig at the fans of diddy teams and the pish they've been spouting.