Manchester

SkylineBlue

I apologise in advance as I have a fair drink in me, but I was out with folk from work tonight and one lass (Celtic fan) said her husband proposed to her on the way to Manchester to see Rangers in the Europa league final, and it just reminded me of travelling down with 2 of my best mates and one of my other best mates wee brother torturing our Celtic fan pals with 6am phone calls and voice maisl of

Tell all the scum you know that we're Manchester could and they're no,

We'll be having such fun in the Rovers Return while they're singing Strachan must go!

Good times supporting the most successful team on the planet!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

went down to the game in a car with 2 of the most boring fuckers on the planet.met some good German pals there and had a few beers & apart from the final score had a not bad wee day out

4 of us went down and sang our lungs out the whole way. Could barely speak when I got there. The trouble kicked off pretty much in front of us which wasn't nice but other than that and the score had an unforgettabley positive experience!

I remember on our bus down a lad drank himself till he collapsed and the ambulance was waiting for him when we got to Manchester....what a waste.

I remember fuck all from during the day, I think it was roasting that day but never really came to until kick off time...wandering about Manchester in a daze.

:lol:

Walked up to the local boozer about 5.30am ordered a couple of double vodkas while waiting for the buses, got on, bus was fucking mental wi drink before it left, all the way towards glasgow on every motorway bridge was people waving, flags hanging.

I always think people don't believe me when I tell them that virtually every single fuckin vehicle (vans, buses, limos, motorbikes, cars) on the way down that day had some sort of rangers memorabilia draped from it. Remember coming alongside another bus on the motorway and the boys on each bus going fucking mental at the sight of each other videoing each other doing the bouncy etc

Got to some service station south of the border and it was jam packed with bears, never seen another person the whole time I was there, everyone nearly blootered singing the songs and doing the bouncy, brilliant.

In manchester itself just spent walking around drinking and singing til kick off, where albert square (think thats where we watched it) was cordoned off by the police and they weren't letting any more in (or so they thought) I climbed under the corden, a few climbed over it before it was completely trampled down by 100's of Bears eager to see the boys in blue (there was footage of this incident on youtube that I was in but sadly its not online anymore - Rangers Fans Vs Manchester Barrier was the name).

By the time it got to kick off I was already hungover and spewing the game itself was the worst feeling I ever had but that day will remain as the single most happiest day of my life

I remember after the game just sitting on staris looing at this big wheel looking thing, I was ill...never felt like it before or since.

The singing went on all through the night though, probably never expierence anything like it again.

I remember after the game just sitting on staris looing at this big wheel looking thing, I was ill...never felt like it before or since.

The singing went on all through the night though, probably never expierence anything like it again.

Something that even on your deathbed you'll still remember as one of the greatest

The journey home was a struggle.

Even thinking back to it now it's still pretty raw.

Paid £70 to a scouse taxi driver to take me & my pal to a small town on the outskirts called Swinton, think it was just next to Salford, 5 minutes away, got on the bus, fell asleep, woke up at glasgow airport, wasny too bad lol

Being a fifteen year old kid who's family aren't really into football, I wasm't able to make Manchester. It'll be something I know I'll always regret for as long as I live, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I remember walking along to Ibrox to watch it, I felt like I was floating. Never felt more proud than when I was walking there, a feeling I'll never forget.

Being a fifteen year old kid who's family aren't really into football, I wasm't able to make Manchester. It'll be something I know I'll always regret for as long as I live, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I remember walking along to Ibrox to watch it, I felt like I was floating. Never felt more proud than when I was walking there, a feeling I'll never forget.

Plenty of time to catch our next European Final mate

Paid £70 to a scouse taxi driver to take me & my pal to a small town on the outskirts called Swinton, think it was just next to Salford, 5 minutes away, got on the bus, fell asleep, woke up at glasgow airport, wasny too bad lol

We got put into the train station and told we couldnt leave so missed our bus home, had to sleep in the station and get a bus the next day.

Live South of the border, about an hour north of Manchester. The motorway was a constant flow of bears days before the final! Proud as fuck i was! Getting calls off ma pals who were working in and around Manchester saying it was a mass of blue. Took a couple mates down on the train. They were in absolute awe as the train bounced for the 1hr journey. Magic! Then the city itself was incredible. Singing, drinking, partying and meeting fellow Rangers, superb. Those boys i took down that day are very much Bears today!