Conference Call for Mr Green ?

D'Artagnan

You keep saying that we will be leading the debate for change,how is that going to happen when we have no representation at any level,

You are right that changes are coming to the set up in Scotland but IMO they will not be to our benefit

We have the biggest crowds at the game and in tv audiences but we didn't have any input into the negotiations for the sky contract what makes you think we will have any major say in anything ?

You have mentioned the SFL chairmen that you know not accepting the status quo,what are they going to do and when,and as for SPL chairmen they will do what liewell tells them

You are right that Money , greed and tv pressure will change Scottish football but it will only benefit one club and it ain't us

Things have went to far and are only get worse if they try to strip titles ,I really don't see any way back ,the best option would be to play our football outside this bigotted football association

.. and how realistic is the concept of playing outside Scotland?

What is your plan B?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent D'Art. 00000042.gif

I am quite sure (unless Regan et al are even more incompetent that previously thought possible), that reconstruction plans are underway. This to me, will be the defining moment -- i.e. when they are presented to the SPL and most importantly, the SFL.

As you have clearly articulated, life for the SFL is very good at the moment... Given they have already been bullied by the powers that be and have a complete distrust of them -- and... given that there are another 2 years of The Rangers in the SFL, why would they go for any reconstruction? Any?

So I think this plays out somewhat like this..

• Presentation made.. SPL1/2 or whatever it's called
  • SFL reject it...
  • SPL TV deal now in shreds,
  • SFL continues,
  • Several SPL clubs in to Admin,
  • SPL cannot pay bills.
  • SPL bankrupt.
  • SFL Div 1 now recognised by the SFA as the highest league in the land.

I really do not think this is beyond the realms of possibility. The SFL chairmen hold all the cards here imho. And along with Charles Green, they have a willing and very able voice of support as well. (In Charles' statement, he did mention that he did not know if the SPL would even be around... ) hmm wonder why...

..... but D'art wants us to go to England - how does this help him - this is more along the lines I saying - and a debate we can influence ?

You said we need to avoid schisms, hate and further debilitation of Scottish football. You said that The Rangers need to lead for the benefit of the game as a whole and that our support's money is required for the financial well-being of the game as a whole.

As I already repled, it's too late to avoid the hate. Didn't you notice Aberdeen and Celtci supporters sponsoring our opponents for example? The busy bees attacking our club and support at every turn? Perhaps you turn a blind eye because you have more sympathy for our enemies than you care to honestly declare. You do have a well-noted posting history of attacking our club and support yourself of course.

You did after all (and infamously) state it was 'reasonable' for Rae to claim The Rangers had been 'cheating for years' and then went on to state that McCoist himself agreed with that lying prick's wild assertion.

We owe the SPL nothing at all. It's what they voted for - remember? They categorically assured us they did not need our money. Sporting integrity was much more important than that. Phrases uttered, we now know, whilst they were simultaneously blackmailing, bully, lying and inventing special rules to deal with us. The SPL deserve nothing from us.

My idea's mirror D'Art's - we should get to fuck out of dodge as quickly as we can. I'd be more than happy to enter the English leagues at a lowly point and work our way to the top. It would also, in time, help us realise ambitions fit for our club - a chance to compete at the upper echelons of Europe's top table.

The SPL can never provide that chance. They do not deserve us in any case.

so England for you - and your plan B? or even how do you think we can achieve plan A - I just dont see that happening. Forget that I dont want to go to England tell me HOW we can get there ?

.. and how realistic is the concept of playing outside Scotland?

What is your plan B?

Realistically I don't think we will be playing outside Scotland but we can only hope

As for a plan B i have none but your concept of us leading the way in the reconstruction talks is pure nonsense IMO,until the SPL and SFA are completely revamped and the control is taken from the taigs we will continue to be persecuted in any way they see fit,any changes will benefits septic and nobody else

As I said it would be better if we could get out as when we get back into the top league the atmosphere at games will be pure poison

so England for you - and your plan B? or even how do you think we can achieve plan A - I just dont see that happening. Forget that I dont want to go to England tell me HOW we can get there ?

Plan A is England. Plan B is England.

A - We get invited into their leagues as per the pans outlined by Gartside not so long ago. Rejected then, but the debate keeps bubbling away.

B - We apply to join the English leagues - one of the League two officials commented in the summer that he did not think it would be a simple thing to achieve. Unless we paid a hefty fee :sherlock:

Green & Co could come to us and tell us part of the planned share issue is to raise capital to meet such an obligation. I'd invest more than I currently plan to if he does.

Plan A is England. Plan B is England.

A - We get invited into their leagues as per the pans outlined by Gartside not so long ago. Rejected then, but the debate keeps bubbling away.

B - We apply to join the English leagues - one of the League two officials commented in the summer that he did not think it would be a simple thing to achieve. Unless we paid a hefty fee :sherlock:

Green & Co could come to us and tell us part of the planned share issue is to raise capital to meet such an obligation. I'd invest more than I currently plan to if he does.

so no plan B - england or bust! I don't see it myself hence a realistic plan b is to work for the betterment of rangers within scotland - but good luck with your A and B

..... but D'art wants us to go to England - how does this help him - this is more along the lines I saying - and a debate we can influence ?

England is a non starter imho. Our place is in Scotland... But we need to rid ourselves of the Regan's and Doncaster's of this world and the Puppet masters that control them.

I have a lot of faith in the SFL chairmen -- they are our ace in the hole, along with a certain Yorkshireman. 00000042.gif

England is a non starter imho. Our place is in Scotland... But we need to rid ourselves of the Regan's and Doncaster's of this world and the Puppet masters that control them.

I have a lot of faith in the SFL chairmen -- they are our ace in the hole, along with a certain Yorkshireman. 00000042.gif

Yep I 100% agree with that

I don't know whether playing in England or in any other good quality league would be possible or not. If it were an option I would have an open mind to it. There would need to be big changes in Scottish football to put it in a state where what I believe to be an anti-Rangers agenda is swept away.

I don't presently think league reconstruction on its own would be enough. For a start it would presumably have to be acceptable in full to Rangers on the basis that our first interest is to look after ourselves and caring about the wider interests of Scottish football ranks well behind this after all that has happened and is still happening. I know one may go with the other but first things first and it is Rangers' interests that are first. In addition, the poison injected by many SPL clubs and their fans and those who are minded to think like them may not be easily flushed away.

But never say never and I'll read with sceptical interest whatever masterplan emerges for Scottish football. But note - there are no credible leaders to sell it and to drive it forward. The SFA and SPL leaders are discredited beyond recovery and are arguably firmly in the way of any constructive discussion. A big concern for me would be if reconstruction were not accompanied by the removal from post of the CEOs of the SFA and SPL, and their leadership teams so that a fresh start could be made with new appointments and reorganisation that Rangers and the SFL could respect.

If playing football outside Scotland is not possible, and if we are stuck with an SFA and SPL substantially unchanged, and with only some tinkering of league reconstruction then when we do work our ticket back to what is supposed to be the top league in Scotland, the hostility that may exist in the game by then could do lasting damage. If there are club chairmen who genuinely want a credible solution for all parties then they are going to need to step forward. But IMO it is telling that even after all they have endured from the SFA and SPL these folks are very quiet indeed which tells me that they are at heart happy with what their leaders in the SFA and SPL have done and are doing to Rangers.