Ramsdens cup Lost revenue.

Willie Crilley

A million is a bit pie in the sky but would have been nice to make some more money from further games plus whatever the prize is for winning.

Maybe so, but I've been in retail for over 25 years and to have the Ranger brand as a revenue engine I would say it's

very achievable. I was looking at all potential revenue lost for the last 3 games. 20k tickets on Tuesday. 50k for

semifinal (QOS got the home game). And then a potential 60k attending the final at Hampden. Thats 130k x 6 (my rough

estimate share of ticket)= 780k. Add in other misc. income . Parking, Food/Drink, Hospitality, programs, and I know

I'm missing some stuff. I would think that the Rangers megastore would be packed selling anything not nailed down. i know

last time I went to Red Bull Arena here by me , my kid got a jersey , ball , scarf and a couple other trinkets . So even a

T-shirt at 15 per unit would probably sell 5000 units. Thats another 40k with a minimal 60% softline gp. Also programs,

how many are sold per match and at what price. I'm sure the extra 70k ibrox attendees would buy them up. I know I've missed

other items , but it still could have been possible IMO for what it's worth.

£1M ?

Say Rangers get a home tie in the semi final.

Another 24,000 @ £15 = £360,000

VAT Man gets £60,000 of that

Rangers get 57½% of £360,000 = £207,000 less £60,000 for the VAT man = £147,000

If they got to the final at Hampden (which will now likely not be used)

40,000 @ £15 = 600,000

SFL get 5% = 30,000

Queen's Park would have got 10% of (600,000 less 30,000) = 57,000

Rangers and the other finalist would get 50% of (570,000 less 57,000) = 256,500

The VAT man would get 42,750 of this

Rangers end up with 213,750

Semi final 147,000

Final 213,750

Total = 360,750

Still to be deducted is the cost of hosting a tie at Ibrox.

There is also the possibility of the semi final being away from home in which case the club would get peanuts.

They split the gate money after paying the VAT over surely? Or alternatively, the share paid to the other club would include VAT which Rangers can claim back. Either way, Rangers would only be out of pocket for 1/6 of their share of the money to the VAT man.

Hi guys, my very first post. Many folks are simply dismissing the Ramsden cup exit. I dont for the very simple reason that we need every pound of revenue we can get.Hard to guess how far we would have got, but a million quid gone surely.

Those Seville Calculator Batteries seem to last a long time, Declan, where'd you steal them from ?