Celtic's Racist banner

OlegKuznetsov

I think we're all familiar with the banner in question. It mocks our "death", labels us as zombies and shows an IRA style gunman taking aim a the zombie emerging from the grave. The introduction of the IRA style gunman raises the issue of sectarianism. Given that the IRA intentionally targeted British civilians purely for being Brits in British town centres that they selected to bomb, it also raises a racist element to the banner.

Furthermore, the depiction of a backward and perverted version of human evolution is making a claim that we are somehow genetically and therefore racially distinct and sub-human. Surely that in itself is a very clear racist slur.

However, will the authorities and media see it that way? I recall how the famine song was mis-portrayed. Had this been our banner against them, all of the above claims would be made loudly and publicly. The media silence on this particular aspect is striking. It tells its own story.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're all familiar with the banner in question. It mocks our "death", labels us as zombies and shows an IRA style gunman taking aim a the zombie emerging from the grave. The introduction of the IRA style gunman raises the issue of sectarianism. Given that the IRA intentionally targeted British civilians purely for being Brits in British town centres that they selected to bomb, it also raises a racist element to the banner.

Furthermore, the depiction of a backward and perverted version of human evolution is making a claim that we are somehow genetically and therefore racially distinct and sub-human. Surely that in itself is a very clear racist slur.

However, will the authorities and media see it that way? I recall how the famine song was mis-portrayed. Had this been our banner against them, all of the above claims would be made loudly and publicly. The media silence on this particular aspect is striking. It tells its own story.

As usual Oleg your spot on with your post.Had a chat with rodent yesterday and his words were 'how can you guys be offended by that'

Its not for me to decide what offends each individual but the double standards and hypocrisy is so typical of these lying cheating vermin.

As usual Oleg your spot on with your post.Had a chat with rodent yesterday and his words were 'how can you guys be offended by that'

Its not for me to decide what offends each individual but the double standards and hypocrisy is so typical of these lying cheating vermin.

Same as 99% of Bears, I am not offended by their shite banner. But I am offended by their repeated offence of anything that is RFC.

By the way - see now they know their limitations. To prevent any spelling errors, they use pictures.

Trash they are - the worst decision was our forefathers letting them in.

spot on, the poor us attitude is starting to get boring, always the innocent wee bhoys who are targeted for sectarianism in any way shape or form from us :rolleyes:

How the famine song was banned i'll never know, the famine is over and the majority of them are plastic paddies so why don't they go home?

Its a sad day when a "dublin loyal, behind enemy lines" isn't aloud into ibrox and i wasn't aloud to bring a royal standard to an old firm yet they can wave irish, palestine and any other country's flag, they can jump up and down and sing about the ira the taliban argentina and everything else.

Bring back the days where these cunts would be hung for treason, scotland needs to open its eyes to these rebel bastards, do you think they would get the same treatment in england? it fucking sickens me.

Dont think we should be discussing anything to do with them on here

any timmy crawling on here will be well chuffed thats its been given a thread

nothing against the op but its a typical bit of timmy propaganda

ignore it and dont even acknowledge that we even know they exsist

front page and back page news in the record yesterday - there is no media silence on this abhorrent banner

I get offended every time the bastards draw a breath.

front page and back page news in the record yesterday - there is no media silence on this abhorrent banner

Did they accept that it had racist overtones?

The filth can't live without Rangers.These ppl were born to hate.Give them a while with no natural enemy within the SPL and their dump will begin to empty,regardless of Europe(which in nearly over anyway).Maybe the media are beginning to open their eyes to 'Septic bigotry',and not before time but I won't hold my breath. :7325:

Dont think we should be discussing anything to do with them on here

any timmy crawling on here will be well chuffed thats its been given a thread

nothing against the op but its a typical bit of timmy propaganda

ignore it and dont even acknowledge that we even know they exsist

But timmy propaganda works. We've failed miserably by ignoring them for years.

Did they accept that it had racist overtones?

How can it be racist when we are both, generally, caucasian and the banner does not target any specific race?

I don't condone the banner in any way but I just think claiming it as racist is both futile and over the top.

How can it be racist when we are both, generally, caucasian and the banner does not target any specific race?

I don't condone the banner in any way but I just think claiming it as racist is both futile and over the top.

In your opinion, was the famine song racist? Was it considered racist by the media?

In your opinion, is it unreasonable to ask for the same standard to apply?

In your opinion, does that standard apply in this case?

In your opinion, was the famine song racist? Was it considered racist by the media?

In your opinion, is it unreasonable to ask for the same standard to apply?

In your opinion, does that standard apply in this case?

I don't believe the famine song is racist in any way, no, and to be honest I don't remember the media coverage but I will take your word for it that it was considered racist. This however is just the tabloid media stirring shit to sell papers as it always does, I think it is easier to make the racist accusation when the target is clearly of one background (not race), such as Ireland, than if it merely targets a football club which is open to all backgrounds, races etc and is a choice to join.

Again I want to state that it is certain in my opinion that neither are racist, just that if the media wants to exaggerate either it is much easier to rationalise with the famine song.

I think the cases are, while similar on the surface, too fundamentally different to compare as such, but I am sure if Celtic began to sing regularly and widely about murdering British citizens the media (who are British) would jump on it the same way as it will sell papers.

Just my two cents.

Scum utter Scum, seems they can do what they want and fuck all happens , it will be a wee slap on the wrist and small fine. And as for this irish away strip they have launched today irish cross the fuckin lot scum, if we talk about an orange kit or union jack strip we would be stripped points the fuckin lot , i know we have class and The Rangers Way but it just fucking annoys me .

Rant over

Scum utter Scum, seems they can do what they want and fuck all happens , it will be a wee slap on the wrist and small fine. And as for this irish away strip they have launched today irish cross the fuckin lot scum, if we talk about an orange kit or union jack strip we would be stripped points the fuckin lot , i know we have class and The Rangers Way but it just fucking annoys me .

Rant over

The Celtic Cross is a far right symbol, used by many fascists across Eastern Europe.