CRO: Help Save Truro City

Shane

Right then, been around talking about this before but now it's put up or shut up time. We've got an info page up at the CRO and have reached out to (we think) all the major SG's and fans' groups about our effort to help save Truro City FC. If you're in a fans' group that wants to get involved and I haven't gotten hold of you just hit us up via the site or on twitter.

We're still waiting on the final write-up/appeal from the TCFC supporters' group, but we've got a donation button on the CRO #SaveTruroCity info page already where you can chip in if you want: http://www.thecoplandroad.org/p/bears-help-savetrurocity.html

The TCFC fans are looking to secure a 50k bond measure to save their club. That's less than a pound for every seat in Ibrox. We can make a difference and help a set of supporters standing on the brink because of the actions of one shit owner, something we know full well about. 7325.gif

This is particularly apt as its Non-League day in England today. Its not just Truro having probvlems though. For the second week running Kettering Town have had their match in the Southern Premier League postponed(vs Bideford today). The story is pretty shocking involving owners with no clue who have dragged this 140 year old club to the brink of extinction. As long standing rivals of my home town team I probably should be celebrating but, with bitter experience of Bedford folding in 1982 I wouldn't wish this fate on any club.

Interestingly Truro were promoted from the Southern League and Kettering in some respects, took their place. I don't know if anything can be done to save Kettering but I certainly hope their fans have a club to follow beyond this season. Well done to all involved at CRO for their efforts on behalf of Truro City.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216874/Kettering-Town-FC-brink-extinction.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Way too many clubs in this position, and horrible in a country with a £3b top-flight TV deal. Most of these clubs could be saved by a single weeks pay packet for an average EPL first team player.

On our end, we're taking just £5 or £10 donations and have raised over $300US just this morning the last I checked on my mobile. Fantastic support from the Rangers family.

Right then, been around talking about this before but now it's put up or shut up time. We've got an info page up at the CRO and have reached out to (we think) all the major SG's and fans' groups about our effort to help save Truro City FC. If you're in a fans' group that wants to get involved and I haven't gotten hold of you just hit us up via the site or on twitter.

We're still waiting on the final write-up/appeal from the TCFC supporters' group, but we've got a donation button on the CRO #SaveTruroCity info page already where you can chip in if you want: http://www.thecoplan...etrurocity.html

The TCFC fans are looking to secure a 50k bond measure to save their club. That's less than a pound for every seat in Ibrox. We can make a difference and help a set of supporters standing on the brink because of the actions of one shit owner, something we know full well about. 7325.gif

Just read the CRO post on the website. Will donate when I'm home, don't have my card with me.

Any idea/update if the Club have been contacted about arranging a friendly or if there's anything in the works?

Hope it helps, just donated a fiver, good luck

All helps, mate. Cheers.

Some responses from the TCFC message board:

"Speechless once again!! Football fans are bl**dy nice people really"

"You guys are immense."

"Im a Rangers fan now."

"Incredible. Speechless. Humbled."

smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif

Just read the CRO post on the website. Will donate when I'm home, don't have my card with me.

Any idea/update if the Club have been contacted about arranging a friendly or if there's anything in the works?

We're reaching out through any legitimate channel we can on that. Hopefully if we get a good response over the weekend we can show the club we'd support a friendly come Monday morning.

Just saw this from TCFC fan Colin on our facebook:

"The support and generosity from individuals and organisations such as yours is truly humbling, thank you so much for helping our local club to survive."

21.gif

We're still waiting on the final write-up/appeal from the TCFC supporters' group, but we've got a donation button on the CRO #SaveTruroCity info page already where you can chip in if you want: http://www.thecoplandroad.org/p/bears-help-savetrurocity.html

CRO, SG, TCFC.

Is this code?

Please don't help these glory hunting shites. You know nothing about the situation...suffice to say the St. Pauli lovers deserve no help (their fans have taken to wearing their kit and some have been over to Hamburg). Their situation is nothing like what has happened at Rangers. This atempted 'link' is the worst thing that's ever happened to me as a Rangers fan...fucking hate Truro City.

Please don't help these glory hunting shites. You know nothing about the situation...suffice to say the St. Pauli lovers deserve no help (their fans have taken to wearing their kit and some have been over to Hamburg). Their situation is nothing like what has happened at Rangers. This atempted 'link' is the worst thing that's ever happened to me as a Rangers fan...fucking hate Truro City.

Get the fuck out the thread then fanny

Get the fuck out the thread then fanny

No chance. Bears should know what these glory hunters are all about and I think many will be interested in their St. Pauli love-in.

The vast majority of their 'fans' had never been anywhere near Truro City before the pikey came in with his cash...glory hunters.