In 5years Craig Whyte will be seen as a hero of the club

george3

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, but if we didn't get through administration we would have been destroyed. All the little signs are pointing to Green backers and Whyte being involved somehow - which means there might have been a guiding hand overseeing all the crap that was gone through, to make sure we made it through.

And you Believe what whyte said?

Look the op is playing a blinder eh, he knew this would get a reaction hence why he put what he has at the end of his whatever it is.

Tim cunt for sure or a rangers obsessive from another club's fanbase, sad, pathetic but expected.

Look the op is playing a blinder eh, he knew this would get a reaction hence why he put what he has at the end of his whatever it is.

Tim cunt for sure or a rangers obsessive from another club's fanbase, sad, pathetic but expected.

David Murray was the guy that started everything, 100million+ of debt was caused by him.At least Murray paid PAYE though whyte made it worse by not paying this and obviously the debt he made.

That's what I'm saying though, we didn't have £100m+ of debt, that was hypothetical, we may never have had to pay that. We went into administration, at the time we did, because of the debts that Craig Whyte racked up. We could have went in for Murray's at a later stage, but that's not what we did actually go in for.

Also, without Whyte's £30m+ of debt, a CVA may have been achievable, a very slim chance, but certainly a better chance.

That's what I'm saying though, we didn't have £100m+ of debt, that was hypothetical, we may never have had to pay that. We went into administration, at the time we did, because of the debts that Craig Whyte racked up. We could have went in for Murray's at a later stage, but that's not what we did actually go in for.

Also, without Whyte's £30m+ of debt, a CVA may have been achievable, a very slim chance, but certainly a better chance.

Where does 30 million come from? Ticketus just replaced the Lloyds Bank debt after all.

Where does 30 million come from? Ticketus just replaced the Lloyds Bank debt after all.

The Lloyds debt that should have been wiped out. Ticketus at around £18m and not paying tax at around £13m. If David Murray had sold the club to someone "fit and proper" then we would have saved £30m of debt.

Didn't even need to be someone fit and proper, just someone who had enough to pay the debt and that's it, really we should have had someone with money after that to tidy up further. Like Green is now, instead we got someone who couldn't afford us in the first place.

trust me, I wouldn't have wanted the club to not pay HMRC, but ignore the detail, the point is that the club had a huge debt and a possible much much larger bill to come from HMRC, having seen the result of admin / liquidation, it is my opinion that Rangers will be in approx 3 - 4 years in the top league in Scotland, with more free cash than any club in the UK, due to the huge attendances and Green's new ideas.

No one with a conscience would have wanted Rangers to defraud the tax man or innocent businesses, but looking at it with a clear eye, we will be better off in 5 years than we had any right to expect a year ago!

Who exactly did Rangers defraud?

Now Craig Whyte failed to pay small business debts and did not pay the PAYE he was supposed to but your wording isn't entirely accurate is it....

he borrowed 27 iirc from ticketus! It was a loan though so we paid off one debt and landed up 9 million worse off than before the wee googly eyed fuck every arrived

The Lloyds debt that should have been wiped out. Ticketus at around £18m and not paying tax at around £13m. If David Murray had sold the club to someone "fit and proper" then we would have saved £30m of debt.

Didn't even need to be someone fit and proper, just someone who had enough to pay the debt and that's it, really we should have had someone with money after that to tidy up further. Like Green is now, instead we got someone who couldn't afford us in the first place.

But there wasn't anyone else, he'd been trying to sell for years after all.

But there wasn't anyone else, he'd been trying to sell for years after all.

To the "right buyer". He rejected a few I'm sure, all he had to do was pick someone who had enough to clear the Lloyds debt, basically just pick someone other than Craig Whyte. I'm sure that he got to the stage when he realised there wasn't a perfect buyer, Whyte came along and he just thought "Here's my chance to get out" and at the point when it was getting really bad too.

To the "right buyer". He rejected a few I'm sure, all he had to do was pick someone who had enough to clear the Lloyds debt, basically just pick someone other than Craig Whyte. I'm sure that he got to the stage when he realised there wasn't a perfect buyer, Whyte came along and he just thought "Here's my chance to get out" and at the point when it was getting really bad too.

Or, like most times he opened his mouth, he was telling lies.

this thread will appear time and time again until the internet actually shuts down for good

wether he meant it or not, whytes actions could very well have kept Rangers from being picked off piece by piece IF we lose the big tax case, Lloyds having a stranglehold on the club would have been curtains had we lost and ended up with a tax bill thats been reported many many times

Now some can claim Whyte simply chanced his arm and lost, others may well think it was the most daring and genius plan ever created by Murray and co, but no one can deny that we are more financially secure than anytime of the new millenium, we arent tied with debt to anyone apart from a small loan to the consortium which will easily be covered if the club is ever sold on by them

the demotion to SFL3 was always a possibility, but the lack of SPL money, and euro money is cancelled out by the severe reductions in outlays that the club have

sigh. dumb fucks abound!

Hero is stretching it to say the least.

Still blame David Murray myself.

the OP is simply to get us discussing the subject of admin potentially being a good thing. The question of Whyte being a hero is defo tongue in cheek, but nonone has taken on board the whole 5 years thing.

Look at our potential situation in 5 years and anyone tell me that it might not have been the best thing for the club.

Yes, we still don't know the result of the BTC but the extremely high likelihood is that the oldco will be saddled with a further bunch of debt from HMRC.

We need to try to get a forward thinking view and then lok back at where we've come from - the admin could well be the best thing to happen in the last few years by giving Rangers a platform from which to build rather than being behind the 8 ball of debt - even if we won the BTC we would still have had a lot of debt to sort out (pre-Whyte)