RST Community Share Scheme.

Yep:

RST to launch Community share scheme

The Rangers Supporters' Trust (RST) is delighted to confirm we will be launching a Community Share scheme called BuyRangers.org, which will enable all members of the Rangers family to invest in our club via the upcoming Initial Public Offering (IPO). Following very positive discussions with the club we can announce our intention to purchase shares in the name of our Industrial & Provident Society - Rangers Supporters Society Ltd. Using the community share scheme model will allow those who wish to purchase shares to enter at a lower level than currently available as well as broadening the ownership base of the club amongst the support.

Discussions with Supporters Direct and Cobbetts, our lawyers engaged to administer the process, are at an advanced stage and very near completion, therefore we expect to launch in early November with more detail. We see this as a great opportunity for the support to invest in the club and take the first steps towards having a meaningful say in the club’s affairs and ensure we never return to the recent dark times.

The opportunity to obtain a meaningful stake in Rangers and effective representation is within our grasp.

I wonder how much investment they are looking for, and if you have to join the RST to join BuyRangers.org...

Aye these people don't need jobs do they. Just set up these so called "share schemes" and rake it in.

Aye these people don't need jobs do they. Just set up these so called "share schemes" and rake it in.

Any fan who finds it hard to invest £500 just now is better waiting until he can buy them through a broker.....that way the shares are definitely in his/her name and can control what happens to them re voting rights..........I mean these fuckers , why do they really want this scheme.............

It will not carry any weight re voting, so why do this............I mean this was an organisation that took £10 from you to but a 10p share!!

Repeat they will have no say whatsoever in anything that happens within the club...........their track record proves this and these fuckers tried to derail everyone apart from one party who tried to buy the club.

Question ..................Can a new trust not be set up in opposition to this lot as they were formed to purchase shares in the old Ltd Co.

Any fan who finds it hard to invest £500 just now is better waiting until he can buy them through a broker.....that way the shares are definitely in his/her name and can control what happens to them re voting rights..........I mean these fuckers , why do they really want this scheme.............

It will not carry any weight re voting, so why do this............I mean this was an organisation that took £10 from you to but a 10p share!!

Repeat they will have no say whatsoever in anything that happens within the club...........their track record proves this and these fuckers tried to derail everyone apart from one party who tried to buy the club.

Question ..................Can a new trust not be set up in opposition to this lot as they were formed to purchase shares in the old Ltd Co.

(tu) I thought if you bought through a broker that Rangers don't get the money though?

(tu) I thought if you bought through a broker that Rangers don't get the money though?

By buying the odd share here and there is not going to hurt the Club.......it looks as if they could possibly reach or get near the target just now and they still have to include the large investors, re funds and the like.

For me if I wasn't in the position to make the commitment the club are looking for , then I would rather wait than give it to that lot.

I don't think you can set up another trust.I'm sure I read somewhere that it can only be one trust per team.

I don't think you can set up another trust.I'm sure I read somewhere that it can only be one trust per team.

I thought the trust was aligned to the Limited Company