Limmy getting Lawyers involved, after Alex thomon played a clip on Ch4 news

Reading on Limmys account he's getting lawyers involved and so is the American guy thats on Rangers chat.

Thomson played a a recording of the show on the Ch4 news.

Limmy@GlasgowLimmy

I know Alex Tomo would love for us "little people" not to have a voice and get back in our boxes but no, Alex, no no fucking NO yer not on

Expand

Limmy@GlasgowLimmy

My second tweet is to say that, according to Strathclyde Police's finest, encouraging people to give bigots a piece of your mind is legal.

Expand

Limmy@GlasgowLimmy

My first tweet of the day is to give a big shout out Calum Ross of Ross & Fox solicitors. I adore you you delicious public defender.

Expand

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the what the video was. I was just reading on here last night that thomson done a report on the channel 4 news on a "Rangers hate site" which was Rangers chat.

It was called something like "intimidation from the Rangers fans underclass"

Thomson is also greeting about threats that has supposed to have been made by Rangers fans to him.

Is this thread the reason people are criticizing this site on twitter the now? I thought lord trevelyn was a poster on here, has summit happened.

Aye i read that lord trevelyn saying something about this site about 5 minutes ago. It's to do with that Alex thomosn.

Aye i read that lord trevelyn saying something about this site about 5 minutes ago. It's to do with that Alex thomosn.

is it not more to do with rangerschat? Iv read the ch4 journo stuff but thus seems more an issue between rm and rangerschat, or it's reading that way. Has something happened on the show or what.

Naw i think their was a few on here last night slagging Rangers chat and now he's slagging Rm because he got called a bead rattler and a declen etc.

ffs you think all rangers platform's would have one aim instead of bitchin, rangerschat is not everyones cuppa likewise RM but to badmouth on twitter when others will take head don't help either. I'll just stick the RM I think.

ffs you think all rangers platform's would have one aim instead of bitchin, rangerschat is not everyones cuppa likewise RM but to badmouth on twitter when others will take head don't help either. I'll just stick the RM I think.

(tu) I listened to Rangers chat the 1st time it started. Too many people talking at once shouting and balling then you had taigs phoning in and talking shite over the rest.

I don't like the American guy though he just sounds like someone who has latched on to Rangers because of limmy and talks shite.

That guy Lord t is obsessed by the beasts, if you go on to his twitter account all he talks abotu is them. You can tell he hates them but every single tweet is about them.

(tu) I listened to Rangers chat the 1st time it started. Too many people talking at once shouting and balling then you had taigs phoning in and talking shite over the rest.

I don't like the American guy though he just sounds like someone who has latched on to Rangers because of limmy and talks shite.

That guy Lord t is obsessed by the beasts, if you go on to his twitter account all he talks abotu is them. You can tell he hates them but every single tweet is about them.

what was Andrew Dickson tweets to limmy about, are rangerschat at odds with the club or vice versa?

Limmy ain't my cuppa but I dint go about bad mouthing him.

Think the guy that was bad mouthing was later banned. Bill Tells the Truth.

A couple of points.

Andrew Dickson & Rangers Chat

This is a dispute over RangersChat streaming the games on the site. The games can't be shown legally in the UK (at the moment, the East Stirlingshire game will be though). RangersChat is hosted in the USA so they can't prevent it.

Regarding the clip that was played on C4 News - here's what I wrote elsewhere :

>>>>>

Angela Haggerty (on Channel 4 News last night)

"The nature of what they should say to me was even given on the broadcast and it was really, really horrible, horrible frightening stuff"

Horrible, frightening stuff Angela? Are you sure?

You weren't even the subject of what the tweets were to ask - the tweets were to ask if the author of the book you were editing had any involvement in the death of a pensioner in Shettleston in 1998 and whether that was the reason for him leaving Scotland to live in Donegal and change his name. I know this - I've listened back to the unedited version of the broadcast before Channel 4 took it out of context.

The only surprise about last night's piece was it didn't have anything from Brian McNally or Roy Greenslade or even Phil Three Names himself.

>>>>>

As for the legal advice Limmy was talking about - it is not about taking C4 to court over using the clip without permission, it is over whether anything he said on the show was illegal. ie suggesting to people they tweet AH.

So it's about showing the games, but limmy doesn't seem to give a Toss about it, in a way they are representatives of the rangers support and I would imagine if the club say something the least rangerschat can do is be decent about it towards whoever the representative is from the club, ie Andrew.