www.buyrangers.org (RST scheme)

Bear_Necessities

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be investing through the RST because I think a group of fans investing together will have more of a voice. Even if it starts off a small voice it can build in time and I think that is important if we've learned any lessons from Murray and Whyte. It amuses me when people say that supporters could band together and vote together. Yes they could, but they never have and the RST scheme provides the chance to do exactly that.

For me it comes down to what is more important to the individual, a share certificate on the wall or a democratic voice in the future of the club. Up to people to make that choice for themselves.

Also I am not dismissive of RST critics. Some people have personal issues with people on the RST board which means that anything they do is opposed for personal reasons. That is nothing to do with the RST or the club. If people want to criticise the scheme I think that can be healthy and improve it, what I don't like is when people spread misinformation which a couple on this thread are doing.

So you think I'm funny then? I've invested more in RFC than most over the years and I'm not as divisive a figure as some who are in the RST.

I don't know how many AGMs you attended in the past but it was futile trying to get Murray to change his mind on any point because he held at least 85% of the shares and he was an obstinate and headstrong individual. Plenty minority shareholders tried to get him to change. I would point out that the combined RST vote previously made not one whit of difference either.

As for this new scheme, I can't see it being much different to the existing RST scenario which was hardly popular with the mainstream support. What alarms me about that particular point is that no-one appears to bother to examine the causes of such apathy and dislike to the RST. Would you not agree that if there is a particular cause for disharmony then that cause should be removed? We are talking about the greater good of Rangers Football Club which should surely take precedence over people's egos.

The reason I want shares held personally is to ensure I get my say at the AGMs if I think something should be addressed or a point made. That isn't for my own ego, it would only be if I thought something had to be said. I won't be buying shares to hang the certificate on the wall and it is disrespectful of you to suggest that my investing another four figure sum in RFC is for such a petty cause.

Gersave funds have been refunded to members. Anyone who has not received a refund should contact the RST immediately

I believe monies started to be refunded end-September this year, is that right? After being invested how many years ago?

I'm still completely unclear as to what purpose anyone imagines was served by Gersave. Rangers fans invested money in an RST-run scheme. Funds sat in a "non-interest account" until it was decided to give investors their money back. And the objective achieved throughout this little exercise was...what, exactly?

And now here are the RST asking for more fans to invest in an RST-led scheme?

Err thanks, guys. I'll pass and I would advise every other Rangers fan to do likewise. There are better and more productive ways of supporting the club.

The Spartans well not really as the Spartans had 300 hundred whereas the minority of all minority with a maximum of 100 (I'm generous) have failed miserably from the off with replacing CG and his consortium from our club that they saved when the Spartans back BK failed miserably to come to the rescue of the club in our hour of need.

Now we have the few of the fewest telling fans about this ludicrous money making and self interest scheme, when everyone who has a mind of their own can see that it's a failure. Certain members of this board of the Spartans must be either fucked by the news of the non exec directors being announced or coming at the thought that one of the fewest of the few may get what their real goal is one of them sitting giving it big licks on the board :7325:

Interesting point re their latest bid for money.... their spokesman has been hidden away from public gaze....but we know he is there and this alone further proves that this is a failure.

The sooner that rain of arrows wipes out this narrow minded and self serving trustless trust is brought crashing down the better for all.

SAY NO TO THIS POORLY THOUGHT OUT SCHEME THAT'S NOT ALL THAT IT'S MADE OUT TO BE.............VOICE, HAROLD LLOYD HAD MORE OF A VOICE IN THE OLD SILENT MOVIES THAN THIS LOT WILL.

You have to wonder why some are so against other Bears buying into this scheme? They are now giving financial advice - don't buy. I'm sure Bears are able to ask questions and make their own minds up on this. The anti RST agenda is wearing a bit thin.

You have to wonder why some are so against other Bears buying into this scheme? They are now giving financial advice - don't buy. I'm sure Bears are able to ask questions and make their own minds up on this. The anti RST agenda is wearing a bit thin.

As we can see, several posters are unclear about the Buy Rangers scheme. I've outlined my misgivings with regard to this scheme; all strictly non-personal.

If all you can come back with in reply is, "You don't like the RST, do you?" I'd say you're the one with the transparent agenda.

As we can see, several posters are unclear about the Buy Rangers scheme. I've outlined my misgivings with regard to this scheme; all strictly non-personal.

If all you can come back with in reply is, "You don't like the RST, do you?" I'd say you're the one with the transparent agenda.

Not talking about you at all just the usual suspects. I wont be investing via the RST either, but their proposal does have merit for some fans. The RST may have made some mistakes in the past but so did the club, so do we all. Anyway was not having a go at you.

I believe monies started to be refunded end-September this year, is that right? After being invested how many years ago?

I'm still completely unclear as to what purpose anyone imagines was served by Gersave. Rangers fans invested money in an RST-run scheme. Funds sat in a "non-interest account" until it was decided to give investors their money back. And the objective achieved throughout this little exercise was...what, exactly?

And now here are the RST asking for more fans to invest in an RST-led scheme?

Err thanks, guys. I'll pass and I would advise every other Rangers fan to do likewise. There are better and more productive ways of supporting the club.

The purpose of Gersave was to allow supporters to save money and acquire shares in the club. The biggest obstacle to this being a success was the lack of availability of those shares. As you know David Murray owned 92% of them and the remaining shares were held in the main by supporters who were emotional investors (as we all are) so had no intention of selling. Gersave wasn't as successful as the RST intended, but that was due in the main to matters outside their control.

I would be interested to know what the better more productive ways to support the club are. Doing exactly what we did before doesn't really count as we have seen the dangers in that.

The purpose of Gersave was to allow supporters to save money and acquire shares in the club. The biggest obstacle to this being a success was the lack of availability of those shares. As you know David Murray owned 92% of them and the remaining shares were held in the main by supporters who were emotional investors (as we all are) so had no intention of selling. Gersave wasn't as successful as the RST intended, but that was due in the main to matters outside their control.

That's just not true, I'm afraid. The GerSave scheme was buying new shares in Rangers that the Rangers board were authorised to issue (the old s.80 CA85, which became s.551 CA06 iirc).

It really doesn't help the cause for you to spread untruths.

Not talking about you at all just the usual suspects. I wont be investing via the RST either, but their proposal does have merit for some fans. The RST may have made some mistakes in the past but so did the club, so do we all. Anyway was not having a go at you.

Oops! My bad. Apols!! ;-)

That's just not true, I'm afraid. The GerSave scheme was buying new shares in Rangers that the Rangers board were authorised to issue (the old s.80 CA85, which became s.551 CA06 iirc).

It really doesn't help the cause for you to spread untruths.

My apologies, that was my understanding and clearly it's wrong.

Has no merit whatsoever...................name one.

Has no merit whatsoever...................name one.

Allows fans to purchase shares through a community scheme with a minimum payment of £125 all of which would go to buying shares. Members of this " community scheme" (RST) would have a vote on how their collective would vote at club agm. As I've said afore I will buy direct so my shares are in my name, but I can afford it not all can.

Could be a new influx of members would be good for the RST bringing in different viewpoints etc.

Allows fans to purchase shares through a community scheme with a minimum payment of £125 all of which would go to buying shares. Members of this " community scheme" (RST) would have a vote on how their collective would vote at club agm. As I've said afore I will buy direct so my shares are in my name, but I can afford it not all can.

Could be a new influx of members would be good for the RST bringing in different viewpoints etc.

Fans are not purchasing shares as they will not own them and have given a proxy vote for the chosen few to do as they wish.......this next part taken from a recent statement.......................There will never be unanimous agreement in the fanbase but all our decisions are based on a majority vote by a board democratically elected by our members. We will always do what we think is best for Rangers.

And for the usual suspects(see I can use that also) of the few of the minority to come on and say it's depriving the club money is shit.......why then did they in the past but shares from the market place as the club never received a penny from this?

I do not know anyone on the board of the rst as it stands and have no want to know them, but this scheme is flawed and money making exercise doe rst......for them to say it will give the fans a voice is shit...........they will have no voice whatsoever as they will not have to power to do anything.

We have Sgt Fury and the rank and file (well there's not really that many truth be told , that are involved with this organisation.................

STAY CLEAR OF THIS SCHEME AND IF THE £500 IS NOT AVAILABLE TO YOU.......THEN HOLD OFF AND PURCHASE THE SHARE)S) IN YOUR OWN NAME.............THE CLUB WILL NOT SUFFER FROM THIS, AS THE ISSUE LOOKS AS IF IT WILL BE OVERSUBSCRIBED.

DO NOT FALL FOR THE SALES PITCH THAT YOU WILL HAVE A VOICE BY INVESTING IN THE SCHEME, IT SIMPLY WILL NOT HAVE THE WEIGHT TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

NO SHARE ON YOUR NAME AND HANDING OVER VOTING TO THE BOARD OF THE SCHEME.

Fans are not purchasing shares as they will not own them and have given a proxy vote for the chosen few to do as they wish.......this next part taken from a recent statement.......................There will never be unanimous agreement in the fanbase but all our decisions are based on a majority vote by a board democratically elected by our members. We will always do what we think is best for Rangers.

And for the usual suspects(see I can use that also) of the few of the minority to come on and say it's depriving the club money is shit.......why then did they in the past but shares from the market place as the club never received a penny from this?

I do not know anyone on the board of the rst as it stands and have no want to know them, but this scheme is flawed and money making exercise doe rst......for them to say it will give the fans a voice is shit...........they will have no voice whatsoever as they will not have to power to do anything.

We have Sgt Fury and the rank and file (well there's not really that many truth be told , that are involved with this organisation.................

STAY CLEAR OF THIS SCHEME AND IF THE £500 IS NOT AVAILABLE TO YOU.......THEN HOLD OFF AND PURCHASE THE SHARE)S) IN YOUR OWN NAME.............THE CLUB WILL NOT SUFFER FROM THIS, AS THE ISSUE LOOKS AS IF IT WILL BE OVERSUBSCRIBED.

DO NOT FALL FOR THE SALES PITCH THAT YOU WILL HAVE A VOICE BY INVESTING IN THE SCHEME, IT SIMPLY WILL NOT HAVE THE WEIGHT TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

NO SHARE ON YOUR NAME AND HANDING OVER VOTING TO THE BOARD OF THE SCHEME.

Calm down calm down or you'll have a coronary. You really hate the RST don't you!. Obviously if nobody buys into this scheme they will have no collective voice. Then again other members like me could give my proxy to the RST (or some other group) and still attend the club agm in person.

Calm down calm down or you'll have a coronary. You really hate the RST don't you!. Obviously if nobody buys into this scheme they will have no collective voice. Then again other members like me could give my proxy to the RST (or some other group) and still attend the club agm in person.

From my side, I don't hate the RST, I just disagree with it in principle.

I don't see the point of giving other people your vote.