Paul Le Guen / Walter Smith ... memories required for book

duncan1957

Bashing on with my new book on Rangers memories – a look at Rangers history, key games, players, events etc, looking at them from a supporters prospective.

Started with some memories from the 1940s, now gathering together some stuff for the era that covers Alex McLeish’s last season, Paul Le Guen and then Walter’s return.

If anyone has any stories, recollections, reflections on that time, feel free to post them, or PM, or e-mail rangers_memories@hotmail.co.uk

Any other memories will be good also. I'll obviously be looking at the current situation and would love a few contributions from long time supporters, the Old Codger Loyal, how do those supporters feel about, Administration, Liquidation etc.

Going to split all proceeds, after expences to the Scottish War Blind and the Rangers charity foundation.

Hoped to have the book done for Xmas, but that clearly wont be happening, more likely now to be towards the end of the season, with another League Title ... 54 and still going strong for any lurking Timposters.

www.its-off-to-the-match.co.uk

Bashing on with my new book on Rangers memories – a look at Rangers history, key games, players, events etc, looking at them from a supporters prospective.

Started with some memories from the 1940s, now gathering together some stuff for the era that covers Alex McLeish’s last season, Paul Le Guen and then Walter’s return.

If anyone has any stories, recollections, reflections on that time, feel free to post them, or PM, or e-mail rangers_memories@hotmail.co.uk

Any other memories will be good also. I'll obviously be looking at the current situation and would love a few contributions from long time supporters, the Old Codger Loyal, how do those supporters feel about, Administration, Liquidation etc.

Going to split all proceeds, after expences to the Scottish War Blind and the Rangers charity foundation.

Hoped to have the book done for Xmas, but that clearly wont be happening, more likely now to be towards the end of the season, with another League Title ... 54 and still going strong for any lurking Timposters.

www.its-off-to-the-match.co.uk

What about the late 70,s and 80s mate,have some good ones from when Souness first took chatge?

Not much...

Some PLG...

Minty had a meeting with PLG and Walter in Edinbugh. (Walter was there as a 'consultant' to PLG.) Walter's advice? Get a center half that can header the ball! (Ah.. the days of Svensson et al)

PLG's last interview on TV (if I recall was away to ICT). Did not have a suit and tie on.. Knew then he was gone.

Boyd with six fingers up in support of Barry F. when he was taking a penalty away to Motherwell? (Players revolt vs PLG)

PLG running a across the desert instead of familiarising himself with Scotland and Scottish football.

PLG so anxious to get out of Ibrox.. he did not take money due to him.. Could have been up to 2 million pounds. (Source is Murray.. but not sure if this is trur.. but he did walk away with nothing).

PLG "The Captain's role is overrated." Of course, the Captain of the OF in Glasgow is almost like being the President of the US of A!

What about the late 70,s and 80s mate,have some good ones from when Souness first took chatge?

The first stories I have came from the 1940s, good wee story from an Old Firm game, Celtic fans dispute a penalty and start a riot, shock horror! So happy to take stories from all times.

I've completed chapters up to McLeish / Le Guen / Walter but its no problem to go back and add stuff in.

Fire in what you have, the more I get, the better the book will, hopefully be.

I took my Dutch vrouw to her first visit of Ibrox during PLG's reign(rain more like). It was against Hearts and we won 2-0.

Sebo came on as I sub if I remember rightly for his first start. In the first 10 minutes he was knocked on his arse twice.

I turned to my vrouw and told her his nick name in his home country was the 'Bull', but he's more like a sheep.

I've also got loads of photos of the crowd milling about before the game if that is of any interest to you?

And quite a few of the backs of folks heads during the game, lol.