Would the obvious thing to do re. Dundee Hibs tickets not be just take them?

The Mongoose

To save any more hassle with the Wankers at Hampden, would the solution not be for Rangers to take their allocation of tickets for the game and Just have nobody buy them?

That way the Gestapo can't touch us for 'bringing the game into disrepute.

We All Know where CG stands so it is not a backdown from the Club

We Know the Club is behind us and we behind the Club.

We return unsold tickets 24hrs before the game as required in the rules.

Everyone KNOWS what has happened and the power of Rangers will hit them hard......(Have to budget for the possibility of Rangers fans actually buying tickets (wink wink) Policing,Stewarding,Catering etc will have to be arranged.

And they CANNOT DO A THING ABOUT IT!!

Seems a good way to me

In Fact ask for Extra!

How is this bringing the game into disrepute? Is their a rule that says we have to take tickets and buy them?

It has been suggested that Rangers are bringing the Competition into disrepute........Just dont give the Wankers anything at all to beat us with!

From Daily Rhebel...and don't say dont read it...it is OUR Enemy and (pre-warned is pre- armed)

A Scottish Football Association spokesperson said: "The matter will be discussed at the SFA board meeting on Thursday."

The issue was also addressed in the United fans' statement.

"We believe that the stance taken by Rangers brings them into disrepute in respect of the Scottish Cup," it read.

We therefore call on the SFA to act strongly, in particular by stating that the normal competition rules in respect of an equal split of gate money do not apply in this case and that all revenues should be retained by Dundee United.

It would be a case of them making up the rules as they go along but as we well know they have previous for that, so give them NO room to do so!

It has been suggested that Rangers are bringing the Competition into disrepute........Just dont give the Wankers anything at all to beat us with!

From Daily Rhebel...and don't say dont read it...it is OUR Enemy and (pre-warned is pre- armed)

A Scottish Football Association spokesperson said: "The matter will be discussed at the SFA board meeting on Thursday."

The issue was also addressed in the United fans' statement.

"We believe that the stance taken by Rangers brings them into disrepute in respect of the Scottish Cup," it read.

We therefore call on the SFA to act strongly, in particular by stating that the normal competition rules in respect of an equal split of gate money do not apply in this case and that all revenues should be retained by Dundee United.

It would be a case of them making up the rules as they go along but as we well know they have previous for that, so give them NO room to do so!

you cant live your life tip toeing around so you dont upset idiots.

Dont worry about statements from rangers they are closely vetted to ensure they cannot be used against us.

the arab statement is full of mistakes and openly asks the sfa to ignore their own rules it is idiotic in the extreme.

as for the dr story it only states what the utd statement says, so one and the same thing.

The only thing they could try is hitting green with a ban for the tone of his statement but even so he is a big boy and fully understands what hes doing.

you cant live your life tip toeing around so you dont upset idiots.

Dont worry about statements from rangers they are closely vetted to ensure they cannot be used against us.

the arab statement is full of mistakes and openly asks the sfa to ignore their own rules it is idiotic in the extreme.

as for the dr story it only states what the utd statement says, so one and the same thing.

The only thing they could try is hitting green with a ban for the tone of his statement but even so he is a big boy and fully understands what hes doing.

Fair Point...and IF we had to pay for our allocation the plan would not work.

Can't see anybody having to pay for unused tickets under any circumstance. When clubs request an allocation they're estimating how many they can sell so if they were coming to Ibrox and took say 1500 tickets and only sold 1200 then they'd just hand back the rest.

If we are deemed to be out of order then there would be no downside IMO in taking the allocation as long as Bears stand firm and refuse to buy any. In fact that would probably cause more of a disruption if the unsold tickets don't need to be returned until the day before the game.

If we'd wanted to play it safe, the easiest thing to do would have been to announce that we'd discussed the demand with supporters groups and it was clear very few fans wanted to go so we'll just take 100 tickets please.

But that doesn't make the same impact as Green's statement in terms of making clear to other clubs what happens if they act against us.

We have to pay for any returned tickets. It's clear in the Rules and I have stated this numerous times. This idea of taking tickets and then returning them is nonsense and doesn't work.

I think with hindsight CG should have said we'll take 100 tickets, and kept it all above board and no one could have any official complaint. Not that I'm being critical of CG, I was really pleased with his statement at the time, but maybe just to say well that was all the demand we had for tickets, and shut all the fckrs up.

It would still have made the same point to all the sphell clubs, the cfa sfa, and the cpl spl.

I thought we were doing them a favor by telling them this far in advance, instead of going down the OP route.

You don't get thanks for anything these days!

Very salient point. We're actually trying to lessen any potential trouble spots in Scottish football.

And this Scumbee Hibs are trouble, that's for sure.

To save any more hassle with the Wankers at Hampden, would the solution not be for Rangers to take their allocation of tickets for the game and Just have nobody buy them?

Everyone KNOWS what has happened and the power of Rangers will hit them hard......(Have to budget for the possibility of Rangers fans actually buying tickets (wink wink) Policing,Stewarding,Catering etc will have to be arranged.

Seems a good way to me

In Fact ask for Extra!

I said the exact thing yesterday on another forum topic.

My view was that the supporter clubs came out and said they supported a boycott and therefore it was unlikely that a large number of tickets would of been sold.

If Rangers had taken the full amount they are entitled to we as fans could still make a statement by not buying them and Dundee United would be unable to sell any we did not, therefore hurting them in the pocket.

The situation now IMO will lead to a packed Tannadump, either United fans or fans of other clubs, and it will now be seen as a demonstration against Rangers rather than the other way around.

I said the exact thing yesterday on another forum topic.

My view was that the supporter clubs came out and said they supported a boycott and therefore it was unlikely that a large number of tickets would of been sold.

If Rangers had taken the full amount they are entitled to we as fans could still make a statement by not buying them and Dundee United would be unable to sell any we did not, therefore hurting them in the pocket.

The situation now IMO will lead to a packed Tannadump, either United fans or fans of other clubs, and it will now be seen as a demonstration against Rangers rather than the other way around.

All the more cash for us then if it is packed out. The thing I don't understand is, why should we be forced to buy tickets just cause they want us to. When you look at the Elgin fans attendance at ibrox on Saturday (probably around a few hundred of them at most) yet they get a share of the full attendance. Is anyone at the sfa making a big deal out of that? No!! We've subsidised all these teams for years & I hope we continue the boycott when we're back in the top league (whatever it is called by then.)

Seems a good way to me

In Fact ask for Extra!

There's lots of clubs that don't take their full allocation when they come to Ibrox, because they simply don't have that many fans. Where on earth did this idea that "you must attend ze match ozervise you vill bring ze game into disrepute" come from?

Seems a good way to me

In Fact ask for Extra!

Rangers have refused on safety grounds not to accept the tickets.How this can be perceived as bringing the game into disrepute is beyond any normal,rational thinking person.......

Hang on,we live in this bigoted little shithole called Scotland..........I see now how it will.