Benteke

King_gazza

Suppose when you think of the fee involved.

Was Michu not signed for around £1.5m?

Yeah it was a small fee and he's scored for fun so far this season.

I like the look of the Villa lad but he's still young but yesterdays performance was superb. I recall Cisse having a great impact last season and being linked to big clubs but struggling this season. Hope Benteke keeps progressing.

I like the look of the Villa lad but he's still young but yesterdays performance was superb. I recall Cisse having a great impact last season and being linked to big clubs but struggling this season. Hope Benteke keeps progressing.

Yeah Cisse did have a great season last year. Has he not been pretty unlucky with injuries though?

Yeah Cisse did have a great season last year. Has he not been pretty unlucky with injuries though?

A few knocks but struggling to find the form of last season so far, still a quality striker...just going through a bit of a bad patch.

brilliant signing but the press still seem to have a go at lambert for not playing bent ahead of him .

dont particularly like lambert but there was a post game interview after they drew 0-0 with stoke ( i think ) where it was at least 10 straight questions about why bent doesnt start . benteke has a higher work rate and deserves his place

Maybe a cheaper version. Don't think we're in a position to be spending £7m on players :craphead:

Haha not now while in Div 3 and maybe we'l never spend even half of 7 million on player ever again...but there are hundreds of players out there that can be snapped up for a couple of million and then sold on for some profit! For some reason we seem to want to buy players past their prime meaning we make nothing back on them.

£2mil think mate. Absolute bargain. Highest scoring non striker in La Liga last season (I think).

Yeah Michu cost about 2mil.

And he was highest non scoring striker (unless you don't class Ronaldo as a striker.) in the league. Scored 15 goals in a side that struggled.

Bargain of the season.

I really like how a Z level La Liga player has absolutely destroyed the premiership

Just wait for those rainy nights at Stoke before he really gets found out eh

He was hardly a Z level LaLiga player if he scored the most goals outwith all strikers last season lol...you trippin bruv

It would be very intriguing to see mid table La Liga sides get the funds the rift raft of England get, world domination would ensue.

If 10th place Bilbao can destroy Man Utd with their home grown team home and away, god know what such teams could achieve with money

Going by your logic...and with Celtic beating the worlds no.1 team Barcelona i'd imagine St Mirren could soon be beating Real Madrid if they got a bit of money?

He was hardly a Z level LaLiga player if he scored the most goals outwith all strikers last season lol...you trippin bruv

He finished 2 points off the relegation zone. I stand by what I said.

Admittedly, La Liga is so vastly superior to the the premiership that a relegation fodder level player in La Liga is a world beater in England.

Going by your logic...and with Celtic beating the worlds no.1 team Barcelona i'd imagine St Mirren could soon be beating Real Madrid if they got a bit of money?

If Celtic had grossly outplayed Barca home and away, instead of being absolutely obliterated by them and getting about 0.1% of possession, I might see your point.

I havent seen a lot of Newcastle this year, but Shearer was saying its because Cisse is playing predominantly from the right hand side this season

The goals have dried up much the same as they did for Ba when he was moved to that position to accommodate Cisse last year.