Has Bill McMurdo lost the plot?

MisterC

So here is little old me, not long in from a hard days graft and doing the internet rounds and get round to my daily dose of Bill McMurdo chat. Usually I agree, although not always, and today was one of those days where I couldnt believe what I read. He was saying about Green's comments on Sky to Jeff Randall saying that everything was for sale at Ibrox and agreed to the extent that Rangers should be seeking to exploit as many revenue gaining avenues as possible, which I do agree with up to a point. And then we get to the bit that was grinding my gears......

He was saying that he would agree with a sponsorship deal which would rename the team a la Red Bull Salzburg, and cites possible ones like IKEA or Vodafone Rangers, and I could not believe my eyes when he said that. What a fecking terrible idea. We are Rangers FC and by all means sponsor stands, the stadium, players, dugouts, kits etc but the club name must stay sacroscant and not be cheapened by adding a commercial partner to the name. Such a tacky idea and unless someone out there was to pay £50m per season to do this then theres no chance I would agree.

Sorry Bill, no offence but that idea really is a shit one and I would hope it never comes to fruition.

Then the haters could really claim Rangers are dead.

I think he just had a Brain fart tbh.

Ooooft!

Now I know how all those against renaming Ibrox feel.

Renaming the team is ridiculous.

I cold easily live with the stadium being renamed, as the most important people, the fans,would always know it as Ibrox