Cruise control - All down to Super Ally.

That shit can be flipped too mate.

The people that said "give it time" and "Ally will come good" were laughed at as uber fans with their heads in the sand.

And fwiw I am not "imagining" anything. There was a serious effort from some on here to have Ally shunted out the door. If you can't see that then maybe it's not me with my head in the sand :P

It happened. FACT.

I didn't say you had your head in the sand though did I?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say you had your head in the sand though did I?

I meant to quote the post of yours that said " Some people have this image that supporters were rallying against McCoist and were demanding his head on a plate...."

FWIW I am not accusing you of being one of these people that wanted Ally out. I am only saying that it happened. Sorry if my post was abrupt lol, have not had my morning smoke yet.

Ally has had some shocking results and imo his football from he has taken over has been extremely boring and negative and has lost every important game.

???

This season, The cups were always just a bonus. All that matters is the league, and every game is equally important - 3 points on the board.

Played 16.

Won 12

Drawn 3

Lost 1

!!!!!

And don't say "yeah but last season..."

That is ancient history, and we all know how much Ally had on his plate last season.

Worst point ever IMO.

And also his football has not been boring and negative.

We have been a joy to watch for much of the season.

???

This season, The cups were always just a bonus. All that matters is the league, and every game is equally important - 3 points on the board.

Played 16.

Won 12

Drawn 3

Lost 1

!!!!!

And don't say "yeah but last season..."

That is ancient history, and we all know how much Ally had on his plate last season.

Worst point ever IMO.

And also his football has not been boring and negative.

We have been a joy to watch for much of the season.

I did say from he has taken over. Since when have cups been just a bonus to Rangers. A joy to watch? you see the away games at the start of the season and its only in the last few months we have really got going. As i said, praise and criticism comes with the job. And i hope Ally has got it together and now kicks on.

I did say from he has taken over. Since when have cups been just a bonus to Rangers. A joy to watch? you see the away games at the start of the season and its only in the last few months we have really got going. As i said, praise and criticism comes with the job. And i hope Ally has got it together and now kicks on.

I agree.

There are low points and high points to this season and now we are on a run and playing well so let's hope that continues.

The real tests are yet to come.

I said 'for much of the season'

It took him and the team a while to sort out their away form. I can think of many good reasons why that would be the case.

Our away performances are now infinitely better.

Cups have been 'just a bonus' since we got put into SFL3. The only thing that matters this season is promotion!

I said 'for much of the season'

It took him and the team a while to sort out their away form. I can think of many good reasons why that would be the case.

Our away performances are now infinitely better.

Cups have been 'just a bonus' since we got put into SFL3. The only thing that matters this season is promotion!

All the fans that went to Ibrox to see QOTS beat Rangers were not worried and hurt because it was a bonus cup. I wanted to see Rangers win it. Infact i would like to see Rangers win every cup they play in. I know it will never happen but thats just the way i am.

All the fans that went to Ibrox to see QOTS beat Rangers were not worried and hurt because it was a bonus cup. I wanted to see Rangers win it. Infact i would like to see Rangers win every cup they play in. I know it will never happen but thats just the way i am.

Agreed, but still not as important as the league games.

Winning the Ramsdens cup will not get us back where we belong, so not important.

Agreed, but still not as important as the league games.

Winning the Ramsdens cup will not get us back where we belong, so not important.

I know what you're saying but to be fair the lg was a given anyway with the players and resources we have anyway and to be honest we should of really went further in the cup. with what we have.

I know what you're saying but to be fair the lg was a given anyway with the players and resources we have anyway and to be honest we should of really went further in the cup. with what we have.

fair enough, I think we can both see where the other is coming from (tu)

It's been the way of this club for a long time.

Winning is in the blood, because of where we are and the players we have compatred to our challengers it's made the expectations very high.

I don't agree that winning this division is the be all and end all of this season because we should be winning it at a canter anyway because we have better players, coaches, facilities ect than anyone else.

What this season offers is a chance to change the 'brand' of football we are playing and get the young starlets playing regular football so they will be ready when we are back where we belong.

This is now happening and everyone can be happy everything is now starting to fit into place but the expectations will always remain.

You couldn't make it up mate.

It's now down to the "anti-Ally" brigade ( fwiw i hate the anti/pro Ally labels) that the team is now playing well. FFS doh

it does my tits in too tbf but it's a label that stuck when things,were not so great and people wanted to show they were behind ally when the tough got going. I don't like the tit for tat but I'll always know the meaning behind the word LOYAL

There was times when I had doubts, some of it because there's no one I wanted to succeed as much as him but I never mentioned anything of it and always hoped/thought he would come good given time. As previously stated by others, he is also my boyhood hero, there is no one I would want more to take us back to the top where we belong. He is a man who has a never say die attitude, up for the fight and wants to succeed just as much as we want him to because he shares the same love for our club as we do, this has always kept my hopes up. He will only get better the more he learns. Onwards and upwards SUPER ALLY!!!

lol the likes of useless, never a manager, should have stuck to being a funny guy on telly and the likes, the posters who have been dead set against ally really should get the credit for making him stronger and helping us along.

Some of the comments on here directed at Ally, and those who backed him, have been an absolute disgrace.

'Dimwits', 'Ally fanboys', Ally is 'clueless', 'superfluous', 'Ally GTF' and so on.

Some people owe Ally a major apology whilst chomping on a large portion of humble pie. I fear though, that they will be back on here the next time we drop points demanding his head.

Some people have this image that supporters were rallying against McCoist and were demanding his head on a plate....

Probably an image cultivated by the numerous 'Ally out' threads that appear on here and FF every time we drop points.

Although, this is a message board and not a true representation of the support at large, it's either one extreme or the other on here at times.

It's easy to see why people might have that image of supporters demanding his head - after reading so many threads with....well, supporters demanding his head.

Probably an image cultivated by the numerous 'Ally out' threads that appear on here and FF every time we drop points.

Although, this is a message board and not a true representation of the support at large, it's either one extreme or the other on here at times.

It's easy to see why people might have that image of supporters demanding his head - after reading so many threads with....well, supporters demanding his head.

That's one of the constants on this forum (and other forums) IMO.

As soon as some people switch on their PC's or laptop's any reasonable logic seems to go flying out the window and it just leaves them looking like idiots when they are constantly flip flopping their opinions based on the 90 minutes which they have just seen.

After we lost a full squad of players in the summer, had relentless turmoil off the pitch, relegated 3 divisions into an environment completely alien to us and all with a manager still learning the ropes. The fact that he has steadied us, found team cohesion, brought out the best in inexperienced youngsters and has the team running on virtual cruise control at the top of the League is a miracle.

Super Ally is doing one Hell of a job and long may it continue.

Bobby Russell,David Cooper and Ally were the bright spots in my early solo Rangers career.

To see the man do what he does,with the charisma and dignity he displays,and to this day never a bad word said about him as a person by anyone makes me proud to call him the manager of my club.

The guy is just fucking brilliant.And hopefully he's learning to hone his managerial skills in the lower divisions,where mistakes will not be punished too severely.

I've criticised his tactics,selections and training methods,but I'm eating my words now.

Well done,proud son of East Kilbride.

That's one of the constants on this forum (and other forums) IMO.

As soon as some people switch on their PC's or laptop's any reasonable logic seems to go flying out the window and it just leaves them looking like idiots when they are constantly flip flopping their opinions based on the 90 minutes which they have just seen.

It's annoying, people virtually end up gloating to other Rangers fans about Rangers winning and vice versa for a bad result.

It's annoying, people virtually end up gloating to other Rangers fans about Rangers winning and vice versa for a bad result.

If people put their opinions on a public forum they should be prepared to face that when their opinion is proved wrong/silly/premature. If we had gone on a losing run plenty of posters would have been happy to carry on their insults to those of us who showed trust and loyalty.

Those saying Ally "can't manage" a couple months ago can suck my baws. :thumbup:

Some of the comments on here directed at Ally, and those who backed him, have been an absolute disgrace.

'Dimwits', 'Ally fanboys', Ally is 'clueless', 'superfluous', 'Ally GTF' and so on.

Some people owe Ally a major apology whilst chomping on a large portion of humble pie. I fear though, that they will be back on here the next time we drop points demanding his head.

You forgot "head in the sand" and "blind faith loyal"

It is absolutely pathetic, from both sides too might I add.

I'm not trying to act all high and mighty even though this will sound like I'm a forum snob, but I don't mind discussing any criticisim/praise that any fan might have so long as they can put their point across reasonably well, can back it up when challenged and are willing to admit that they are right/wrong if that opinion doesn't trun out to be correct.

Sadly, it takes a good, intelligent poster to do that and a lot of forums lack that and that's why we end up with posts like like "Ally GTF" and "Sandaza is pure shite man" without any rhyme or reason behind it.