Cruise control - All down to Super Ally.

If people put their opinions on a public forum they should be prepared to face that when their opinion is proved wrong/silly/premature. If we had gone on a losing run plenty of posters would have been happy to carry on their insults to those of us who showed trust and loyalty.

Those saying Ally "can't manage" a couple months ago can suck my baws. :thumbup:

Have they been proven wrong? For the league we're in there is a huge resource advantage, well done to Ally for getting the team to express their superiority on the pitch but it doesn't mean he's made it as a manager, it means he's on the right track.

I've said before I don't think he's a manager, I never swore about him or even went as far as calling for his sacking, he deserves much more respect than that.

My opinion may well be premature, so could yours though. But the gloating irritates me, on both sides.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they been proven wrong? For the league we're in there is a huge resource advantage, well done to Ally for getting the team to express their superiority on the pitch but it doesn't mean he's made it as a manager, it means he's on the right track.

I've said before I don't think he's a manager, I never swore about him or even went as far as calling for his sacking, he deserves much more respect than that.

My opinion may well be premature, so could yours though. But the gloating irritates me, on both sides.

This is going to irritate you even more then I expect - They started it. :dry:

I merely defended McCoists position against their tirades. I preached patience, trust and loyalty. I then recieved plenty of shit from those posters who disagreed with my opinion. Forgive me for having a certain satisfaction that those doubters have now firmly retreated into their holes for the time being. They are waiting though, eager to have their turn on the 'I told you so' record. But, I'll still be here READY to defend our manager. Because like you said, he is on the right track.

I'm not declaring this job done, anyone who reads my posts regularly will know that, but the signs are there that we have the players and the manager to take us back to the very top.

It is absolutely pathetic, from both sides too might I add.

I'm not trying to act all high and mighty even though this will sound like I'm a forum snob, but I don't mind discussing any criticisim/praise that any fan might have so long as they can put their point across reasonably well, can back it up when challenged and are willing to admit that they are right/wrong if that opinion doesn't trun out to be correct.

Sadly, it takes a good, intelligent poster to do that and a lot of forums lack that and that's why we end up with posts like like "Ally GTF" and "Sandaza is pure shite man" without any rhyme or reason behind it.

(tu)

Good post sir.

It's easy to see why people might have that image of supporters demanding his head - after reading so many threads with....well, supporters demanding his head.

For the early part of the season, these guys were in the minority, and got neg-repped (remember that?) constantly.

Then the away form got worse, and the pro-Ally guys were forced to shut up, because it seemed like trying to defend the indefensible, and so the Anti's ruled the roost for a time.

Luckily the form picked up again, and the pro's regained their confidence, and since then, the form has stayed good, and everything is fine,

but yeah, as soon as we have a few disappointments, the balance will shift again.

Thank god most of us don't have the vote !

Is Ally allowed to be criticised on this board?

There is a difference between calling him names and wanting him out to criticising his mistakes and tactics.

TBH im sure any coach in Scotland's 4 divisions with Rangers resources could be sitting top of a league full of plumbers and postmen.

Was it Walter who said “At this club you are only three defeats away from a crisis”. Maybe that is what comes from managing a club like our, but I am sure that Ally knows this and takes the right amount of pinches of salt when he hears some of the stuff said on both sides.

There is a difference between calling him names and wanting him out to criticising his mistakes and tactics.

TBH im sure any coach in Scotland's 4 divisions with Rangers resources could be sitting top of a league full of plumbers and postmen.

Of course there is a difference mate, and there were both of those types posting regularly when we were dropping points.

I have no problems with people critisising his mistakes and tactics, and he definitely deserved some of that.

I have a massive problem with people making posts like "Ally out" "ally is never a manager". And also have a problem with people who refuse to recognise any of the troubles the club has had as having an impact on Ally. People were awful quick to dismiss the fact that we have been through some of the most trying times that any football club has had to endure, over the last year. And it got written off as nothing in people haste to slate a legend.

I know this sounds like me gloating, and after the amount of abuse I took for backing ally, i feel I am enititled to a little bit of a gloat. If we had continued on our form at the time, I sure as hell would have been taken to task for "blindly" backing our manager.

Of course there is a difference mate, and there were both of those types posting regularly when we were dropping points.

I have no problems with people critisising his mistakes and tactics, and he definitely deserved some of that.

I have a massive problem with people making posts like "Ally out" "ally is never a manager". And also have a problem with people who refuse to recognise any of the troubles the club has had as having an impact on Ally. People were awful quick to dismiss the fact that we have been through some of the most trying times that any football club has had to endure, over the last year. And it got written off as nothing in people haste to slate a legend.

I know this sounds like me gloating, and after the amount of abuse I took for backing ally, i feel I am enititled to a little bit of a gloat. If we had continued on our form at the time, I sure as hell would have been taken to task for "blindly" backing our manager.

Spot on gogzy.

So many times I've been accused of not allowing any criticism of Ally or the players and it would frustrate me no end. I would defend them from stupid, inane comments that didn't reflect the situation. Too many people took certain facts and ignored others to spread their agendas.

I was constantly labeled the Uber, or Super Duper fan as an insult. Now, I'm expected to sit back and show a dignified silence? :dry:

Are you having a tin bath? Ally has received plenty, PLENTY, of criticism on this board.

For the early part of the season, these guys were in the minority, and got neg-repped (remember that?) constantly.

Then the away form got worse, and the pro-Ally guys were forced to shut up, because it seemed like trying to defend the indefensible, and so the Anti's ruled the roost for a time.

Luckily the form picked up again, and the pro's regained their confidence, and since then, the form has stayed good, and everything is fine,

but yeah, as soon as we have a few disappointments, the balance will shift again.

Thank god most of us don't have the vote !

I didn't. I preached patience while the team gel's. It takes more than a bunch of hysterical weans to shut me up.

I'd rather hear the insults than the crack-pots with their Nintendo 'Pro' coaching badges talk tactics.

And I'm one of the 100% pro Ally brigade. The comments directed at him at times were a fucking disgrace.

I'd rather hear the insults than the crack-pots with their Nintendo 'Pro' coaching badges talk tactics.

And I'm one of the 100% pro Ally brigade. The comments directed at him at times were a fucking disgrace.

Those who directed the worst of the comments at him have been suspiciously quiet of late.

Some of the comments were a disgrace and couldn't of been Rangers men but everyone in football receives criticism. Even walter got it.

So why have the forum at all if people can't have an opinion on something as important as tactics?