TBB The song that will not die

islandblue

It was a spontaneous rendition that seemed to happen automatically as the players ran into the corner to celebrate the goal. There was no cue from the Union Bears who normally lead the chorus. The sound reverberated around the stadium in a spine jingling crescendo of noise as everyone joined in unison other than the section immediately below where I was which contained the Queens Park supporters

Bet they tapped their feet though

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair point.

But as I said to someone here the other day...

Nothing wrong with England. Some of our best fans.....

have visited there. :thumbup:

Scottish Dad, 3 out of 4 Scottish grandparents, Scottish name, blue blood and a Rangers heart. But someone had the bright idea to drop me out in England. Thanks mum. :dry:

If you want to unwittingly provide our politically motivated detractors ammunition to continually attack our club, country and people, then, ignore all warnings on sectarian singing (TBB et al), or posting sectarian content on the internet, our detractors will lap it up like social security payments at Christmas with out stretched open arms!

The majority of folk on here complaining that we sung it probably weren't there. At the time no one had a fucking clue what they were doing, it was a mad adrenaline rush and it was just natural to belt it out.

Maybe it shouldn't be brought back, but in situations like that it's always going to be.

the game lasted 93 mins , that equates to 5580 seconds. i would say the TBB song lasted 30 seconds max. That is approx 0.5% of the match duration. So there was no dubious or inflammatory singing for 99.5% of the time. TBB was hardly a dominant factor in the bigger scheme of things.

Having said that . We can bring back this great tune just by being smart and not intransigent. By changing a couple of words we can at one swift blow expose the 'not so hidden' agenda if anyone complains about a tune. That would be laughable.

the game lasted 93 mins , that equates to 5580 seconds. i would say the TBB song lasted 30 seconds max. That is approx 0.5% of the match duration. So there was no dubious or inflammatory singing for 99.5% of the time. TBB was hardly a dominant factor in the bigger scheme of things.

Having said that . We can bring back this great tune just by being smart and not intransigent. By changing a couple of words we can at one swift blow expose the 'not so hidden' agenda if anyone complains about a tune. That would be laughable.

not in Europe we can't

it was made clear by Uefa that no form of the Billy Boys was acceptable

It was stated by the Austrian who reported it and appealed when we were found not guilty

not in Europe we can't

it was made clear by Uefa that no form of the Billy Boys was acceptable

It was stated by the Austrian who reported it and appealed when we were found not guilty

That would never stand up as Man Utd sing it regularly.It is only the word Fenian that can ger us into bother no matter some Austrian says.Can you seriously see anyone hauling us up for a tune ?

Hullo, Hullo We are the Billy Boys

Hullo, Hullo You'll know us by our noise

We're up to our knees in feinan blood

We're up to our knees in paedo's blood

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the Brigton Derry boys !

Would that not do it ? Where's the offence in that ?

:sherlock:

Well said mate.

No matter how unjust criminalising the use of "fenian blood" appears, if it is against the law we should just find a legal, but even more offensive (to them), substitute. Simples.

357 people like scotzine, rattle, rattle!

Wouldn't be surprised at all of this particular site suffered a fatal virus! A bit like their followers and clerics, who have the highest incidence of HIV on the planet!

..With any luck the nappy ripping cunt that writes it will suffer something fatal..

I dont think we can ignore our enemies any longer I would have pasted it without the link but it wouldn't let me.

Andy Muirhead is untouchable. He has been mocking our club and taking the utter piss out of our fans for years now with complete freedom. There is nothing you, i or anyone can do about him.

We need radical change with this song, our anthem. 'fenian blood' should be replaced with 'paedos blood'. Same thing, but different spelling.

Been thinking more about this song making a comeback. Would anyone not agree to changing it to Celtic blood? It's them I hate. Don't care what religion anyone is. Not to fussed on the Fenian brotherhood stuff either. But I really do hate Celtic. I propose an official rangers media move to change the word to Celtic and sing it loud and proud like we used to.