The Oldest Derby In The World

Thermopylae

Is there any connection between this old derby and QPR down south?

No idea but I heard that QPR changed their hoops to blue from green to avoid confusion..They have some affiliation with the unmentionables perhaps?

Always had a soft spot for the spiders ,my local club.

Yes me too ... it really is remarkable that the football that came out of England was with the 2 teams in lines facing each other (as in rugby) but Queens Park developed the passing game that the whole world has used ever since :clap:

Yes me too ... it really is remarkable that the football that came out of England was with the 2 teams in lines facing each other (as in rugby) but Queens Park developed the passing game that the whole world has used ever since :clap:

Funnily it spread to Germany (The passing bit) thru Scots working in Ruhr where it became known as Schalker Kreisel eventually, that was more of a short pass system though.

It´s considered the foundation of the German way of playing.

Any excuse to post a classic...

Funnily it spread to Germany (The passing bit) thru Scots working in Ruhr where it became known as Schalker Kreisel eventually, that was more of a short pass system though.

Everyone uses it in one form or another because no one lines up the team in a line across the park anymore ... although Tommy McLean at Motherwell back in the day came pretty close :lol:.

They basically invented the modern game,and the irony is by staying amateur,and not joining the professional league the became dinosaurs immediately.

Used to some times pop down to see them.Mind going to lesser Hampden as well.

I was taken aback by the QP supporters.

OK I didn't exactly expect bolor hats and cries of "jolly good show Queens"...but what I wasn't prepared for was guys screaming at the polis to get Rangers supporters to fuck out of their section and vehement gestures towards the Rangers end when our songs echoed round the stadium. One guy actually gestured "come ahead" towards our end.

"Chucky" and "big Quinn" were obviously their favourites but my impression was that they had fuckin' bams in their support

who would have thought it !

I was taken aback by the QP supporters.

OK I didn't exactly expect bolor hats and cries of "jolly good show Queens"...but what I wasn't prepared for was guys screaming at the polis to get Rangers supporters to fuck out of their section and vehement gestures towards the Rangers end when our songs echoed round the stadium. One guy actually gestured "come ahead" towards our end.

"Chucky" and "big Quinn" were obviously their favourites but my impression was that they had fuckin' bams in their support

who would have thought it !

The "Bams",I suspect were actually soup kitchen dwellers from the Calton.

They basically invented the modern game,and the irony is by staying amateur,and not joining the professional league the became dinosaurs immediately.

Used to some times pop down to see them.Mind going to lesser Hampden as well.

What were their reasons for remaining amateur?Bit daft for a top team/Club at that time.Imagine if they had taken the pro road,Septic would never have been part of the 'Old Firm'. :7325:

Schalke 04 are the German Bundesliga side who play in Royal Blue and are the Deutsche Loyalists