Bye Bye Mario.

Press Association Sport understands a deal has been agreed for Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli to join AC Milan.

The Serie A team have agreed to pay around £20m for the player, with some of the fee being made up by bonuses.

City have so far made no comment on the matter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Gazetta dello Sport - The Italian newspaper reports a deal between AC Milan and Man City has been done but Balotelli himself needs to sign before an official announcement is made. The 22-year-old striker is being offered a deal worth 4m euros (£3.4m) a year plus bonuses until 2017.

It's the best piece of business I've seen in a while. This will feel as good to the club as signing a big name player.

He is poison around a squad IMO.

He has had his momments but he has let them down far too many times to justify staying around and starting games.

He is 22 now, not a kid anymore.

Milan director Umberto Gandini has confirmed a deal for Balotelli via Twitter, saying: "Transfer agreement for Balotelli signed with Manchester City. Medicals tomorrow in Milan, then personal terms until 2017 signing."

And according to the Italian news agency, ANSA, AC's Milan's TV channel is already broadcasting confirmation of the Balotelli deal. They are also saying that he is due to fly in to Milan tomorrow.

He is poison around a squad IMO.

He has had his momments but he has let them down far too many times to justify staying around and starting games.

He is 22 now, not a kid anymore.

I would have bitten the hand of at a £12 million offer.

I hope Nani goes somewhere for the same amount,

AC Milan reporting it as a done deal

AC Milan's organising director Umberto Gandini has confirmed that the Italian club have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli on a four-and-a-half year deal.

Former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, 22, will have a medical in Milan on Wednesday before signing his contract.

It is understood the deal for the Italy international is worth €20m, plus bonuses and add-ons.

Manchester City have declined to comment on the news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21251291

European football expert James Horncastle tells BBC Sport: "And it's done. The Milan Channel and club director Umberto Gandini have confirmed that a transfer agreement for Mario Balotelli has been signed with Manchester City. The Italy international will undergo a medical tomorrow and put pen to paper on a contract until 2017 thought to be worth €4m (£3.4m) a year.

Considering Balotelli's history with Inter, it's a fascinating transfer. He has never hidden his affection for Milan. Marco Materazzi revealed earlier this week how Balotelli would every now and again turn up for training at Inter wearing Milan socks. As playful punishment, he'd take the scissors to them. Knowing this and that, on occasion, he attended Milan's games at San Siro, the TV show Striscia la Notizia caught up with Balotelli and even got him to pull on a red and black shirt. Now he gets to wear one for real.

Attention switches to February 24, the date of the next Derby della Madonnina when Balotelli will face his old team Inter.

"I hate to say this, but the human aspect of things is very important to AC Milan. If you put a rotten apple into the dressing room you'll infect everyone else. I’ve had occasions to make my own mind up on Balotelli as a person and I’d never accept having him in our squad!”

Silvio Berlusconi, 08/01/2013

'Kaka and Balotelli? Neither of the two.

'It's not possible in this day and age to play Monopoly."

Silvio Berlusconi, 24/01/2013

Not like Silvio to tell porkies. Still, i'm sure Mario will enjoy the Bunga Bunga parties...