Standing at the game

Johnny Hubbard

I remember it when I was a teenager, bouncing about and givin' it laldy with the songs

it was exhillirating

but I also remember getting pished on, the back of my legs steaming

to be fair the cunt behind was blootered

so there was an auld foggie on SSB asking who would want to stand !.....totally agreed

I went to a standing event recently in a place called King Tuts...........good band on (Stoneking or something)

but it was a nightmare

everybody crushed up, could see fuck all.......sore back

left early ..because of the discomfort ...complained on the way out

so do we get a standing area for the mental young team ?

who else would want to stand when you can sit down !

I think we should get the seats you can put in for when needed and taken away when not save alot more than the talk of taking screens away and putting seats in, we wont need the seats until top league or Europe and who does'nt love doing the bouncy even if some pished old yin slams yer leg thats what the hand dryers were for.

:thumbup:

and you paid more to stand in the enclosure. Never did it, too mean.

Having probably stood at more matches than I've sat at I would not mind standing so long as it was implemented properly & safely.

I can remember people peeing in beer cans then kicking them over & even one girl just squatting to pee.

Also remember burning news papers to keep warm on the terracing.

Having probably stood at more matches than I've sat at I would not mind standing so long as it was implemented properly & safely.

I can remember people peeing in beer cans then kicking them over & even one girl just squatting to pee.

If we got enclosures standing again what do you think the crowd could go upto? They were the places to be, im still there but not the same really.

it was ok when you could pee in a beer can, put it on the deck and tip it over.....that was when openers could take the top off the can.....big enough for your cock

unfortunately the advent of the ring pull can's small hole made it impossible,............ unless you were a dwarf or not particularly well endowed.

so guys who were bevied just pished

All our away games this season apart from queens park & clyde have been terracing.

We've all stood instead of sitting in our seats for years now at places like tannadump , torbett towers , pittodrie etc.

I'd love to see it return. I stood in the east terracing for years & my ST is there as well.

The bundesliga have attendances of 50,000 plus at most grounds & its mostly terracing as far as I know.

All our away games this season apart from queens park & clyde have been terracing.

We've all stood instead of sitting in our seats for years now at places like tannadump , torbett towers , pittodrie etc.

I'd love to see it return. I stood in the east terracing for years & my ST is there as well.

The bundesliga have attendances of 50,000 plus at most grounds & its mostly terracing as far as I know.

they have those seats you can put in when required i dont know why we aint looking into this, the place be bouncing imo. Ive loved going to the away games with terracing its been a breath of fresh air and everyone is always smiling as we have portaloos and unacceptable behaviour police.

:ph34r:

Sitting at the match is crap. Spend most of the time stood up in BF3, can't see why anyone wants to sit down unless you are old / have a disability / have young children. The atmosphere is totally crap at Ibrox these days, better atmosphere at my lad's match on a Sunday morning with around 70 watching, let's crank up the volume.

I was in the second last row of the front of the Broomloan at the last game and everyone around me stood through the whole game so there are obviously people who want to do it. I think you do feel more involved with the match when you're standing and the atmosphere is definitely better. I actually quite liked the way it used to be back in the 80s and 90s where you sat at Ibrox then stood when we went on our travels :21:

The atmosphere is totally crap at Ibrox these days, better atmosphere at my lad's match on a Sunday morning with around 70 watching, let's crank up the volume.

true?

or you taking the piss?

it's hard to tell what the atmosphere is like watching on youtube

true?

or you taking the piss?

it's hard to tell what the atmosphere is like watching on youtube

Unfortunately, he's not taking the piss. I took my wife to her first ever game at Ibrox at the start of Jan against Elgin, and she couldn't believe how quiet it was. Told me if I take her again it's either got to be hospitality seats again or down in BF with the UB/BO as they were the only ones making any noise!

I remember it when I was a teenager, bouncing about and givin' it laldy with the songs

it was exhillirating

but I also remember getting pished on, the back of my legs steaming

to be fair the cunt behind was blootered

so there was an auld foggie on SSB asking who would want to stand !.....totally agreed

I went to a standing event recently in a place called King Tuts...........good band on (Stoneking or something)

but it was a nightmare

everybody crushed up, could see fuck all.......sore back

left early ..because of the discomfort ...complained on the way out

so do we get a standing area for the mental young team ?

who else would want to stand when you can sit down !

Sitting at a gig is worse than sitting at the football. After all the music is the actual point of the exercise so you need to be able to move.

As you get older you do appreciate sitting at the game and I don't think I'd want to go back to standing myself but there's no doubt there's a demand for it and it would improve the atmosphere. A full single tier stand at one end (obviously the Copland) with the convertible type seats would be ideal, but not likely to happen so I'd go for converting the enclosure, as others have suggested.

I used to love standing at the fitba..you went wi your mates and stood and sang with them then went to the boozer afterwards.

The atmosphere was better although i do believe our restrictions on what can and can't be sung in a free country has put a curb on atmorphere too.

Do it the Dortmund way and let the bears bounce again.

Loved standing when younger.

Love seated stadium now.

Trouble is some guys want to stand in the seated area. Swine- it's means I either have to stand or miss the game- I do not believe it- I am turning into Victor Meldrew.

Love the atmosphere Union Bears produce...

Yours in Hypocritically...

Down with this sort of thing.

I'm in that :D

Seriously, if we were to rip out the seats in the enclosures and replace them with the same safe-standing model used in Germany then we could fit, going by the ratio, 1.5 times more people in to the enclosures.

Bring it back Charles :cgreen:

yeh looked like a great day out for sure

just wondering; cos Berwicks ground is in England does that mean some songs are not illegal for the fans to sing anymore cos it english law?

or???

Unsure, no naughty songs were sung though so were all cool :D

Can't imagine the English police would care tbh, but the wee steward with the tasche was in his usual 'get as many people with a rangers scarf the jail' mood. Wee cunt.