Where do we go from here?

kelvd1873

Im not doing this as another bash Ally thread, he was and still is my hero and i wish things were going a lot better than what they are tbh.

But the writing has been on the wall for months now imo, we lack so many fundamental things.

Where's the fight,grit and determination our club is so used to?

Where's the firepower up front? The creativity from midfield? The rock solid defence?

I dont think Ally knows how to change these or rectify these issues because things look to be so so stale, and its been like this for a while now. I recognise the situation were in, 3rd division, illegal transfer ban, witheld monies from a corrupt sfa, but the players we have should imo be in a far better frame of mind than what was on show yesterday. Ex SPL players dont become bad players overnight.

Under Walter i remember myself my mates and bears on here despairing at the quality of football on show (even when we were winning 3 in a row). I think Ally is too close to the mould of Walter and he does not seem to know how to change the teams tactics during a game when things need a change.

Now imo i dont want Ally to leave us as i think he is part of the fabric and we should remember the shit this Legend has been through in the last 11 months or so, maybe a move upstairs or with the youths im not too sure.

In saying that though i do believe we are in desperate need of a severe change of managerial/backroom staff. Im probably biased in this opinion but i think we are a great challenge for a tried and tested ex manager who has earned his stripes at a championship or bottom end premiership team. someone who would bring his own staff and structure to the team hopefully bringing back the fundamentals i think we are missing, fitness, sharpness,and downright determination.

What do you guys think about Alan Curbishley, Iain Dowie, Paul Jewell, Billy Davies? would any of these guys offer us a better structure than what we already have? Please discuss.

Onward and upward, is the utd result really the final straw? On this forum maybe but out in the real world, hmmm not so much :)

It's certainly not the end of the world and in here you tend to get the extremes of both sides of the argument. However in the real world concerns and frustrations are growing at the way we are playing and the direction the team are going.

I can't ever see it getting to a point where people protest or demand ally goes but everyone from the players to the management to the fans have to wake up, realise where we are and start to use this opportunity for the long term benefits of the club.

It's certainly not the end of the world and in here you tend to get the extremes of both sides of the argument. However in the real world concerns and frustrations are growing at the way we are playing and the direction the team are going.

I can't ever see it getting to a point where people protest or demand ally goes but everyone from the players to the management to the fans have to wake up, realise where we are and start to use this opportunity for the long term benefits of the club.

I agree, onwards and upwards we go, yesterday was not the final straw and things can only get better.

Onward and upward, is the utd result really the final straw? On this forum maybe but out in the real world, hmmm not so much :)

No, i dont think its the final straw. i really do hope Ally can turn it all around, but at this moment in time i just cant see it happening,

No, i dont think its the final straw. i really do hope Ally can turn it all around, but at this moment in time i just cant see it happening,

I can see it fortunately enough, that's just me and my optimistic thinking maybe, but by god he deserves a crack at this game called football management and by god I'm 100% behind him, and if all fails I'll still be 100% behind ally mcoist the legend of this great club, I will support all who come through our doors wearing the badge and all who take to the field, my personal vitriol filled comments have no place on a public forum, it serves no great purpose rly.

i hate this place after a defeat a dismal one at that, so much negativity i try to avoid it.

Things can't always be positive and realism and constructive critisim has always had its place...yes some go over the top but likewise some are so determined to defend everything they are blinkered to the reality of how much we are missing an opportunity here...

What do you guys think about Alan Curbishley, Iain Dowie, Paul Jewell, Billy Davies? would any of these guys offer us a better structure than what we already have? Please discuss.

There are lots of managers who could give us a better structure than what we have, I'm doubtful if any of those mentioned could though.

I'm unsure if Ally will ever give the majority of fans what they are wanting but what I am sure of is he needs help to try and at least achieve it. We need someone to oversee an overhaul of the youth setup, scouting, coaching.

Green talks a good game about our future but needs to start investing in it with some money.