Bayern Munich v Rangers

This is what it is all about - for all the young fans watching Bayern pump Arsenal tonight this is what we can be again - even though we lost we were great that night.

The trip we are now on will see us back here sooner rather than later and when we get there we wont moan like bitches if we get beat

This was a great team but unfortunately the night Mols got his injury stopped him from being the one of the best strikers in Rangers or Scottish football history

Sorry Rfc52 but this was a great performance

Must admit still never watched a replay of the Zenit game and I was that pished I cant remember to much of it either

It really was an unreal performance that night. That's just one of they nights that hurt like fuck. Rangers fucking battered bayern that night

Agree about Mols, my first ever Rangers game was when he put 4 past Andy Goram. Was gutted for weeks after that injury against Bayern, have no doubt that he would have surpassed Larsson in terms of goals for us had it not been for that cunt Kahn!

This is what it is all about - for all the young fans watching Bayern pump Arsenal tonight this is what we can be again - even though we lost we were great that night.

The trip we are now on will see us back here sooner rather than later and when we get there we wont moan like bitches if we get beat

This was a great team but unfortunately the night Mols got his injury stopped him from being the one of the best strikers in Rangers or Scottish football history

We will never ever get back to that level of performance unless we leave Scotland for England or a British league. I was only young at the time but can remember it and remember watching my old mans reaction along with my brother and just remember the gutted feeling.

The home tie was more heartbreaking! 1-0 and battering them, wee Dick decides to take off Albertz, our best player on the night, and sit in for the last 10 mins....

Rangers 1-1 Bayern Munich

A deflected last minute free kick robbed the home side of a deserved victory against one of the powers of European football.

German Jorg Albertz had scored against the team from his home country in the 22nd minute.

Michael Tarnat grabbed the shock equaliser as injury time approached.

Rangers were left to rue a string of missed chances against the side who so dramatically lost the Champions League with late goals last May.

Lacklustre Bayern were fortunate to save themselves a point on a night when the Scottish champions proved they can now compete at the highest level.

Albertz had come into the side that lost 2-0 in Valancia in place of Neil McCann while keeper Lionel Charbonnier took his place between the posts after recovering from a back injury.

Bayern fielded fourth-choice keeper Stefan Wessels after a catalogue of injuries to their senior shot-stoppers.

The 20-year-old showed no sign of nerves early in the game, twice denying Jonatan Johansson.

Bayern took it all their stride and almost took the lead after 16 minutes when Thomas Linke steered a header wide.

But six minutes later Rangers did make the first half breakthrough with a clinical finish by Albertz from the edge of the area that wrong-footed keeper Wessels.

Claudio Reyna played a big part in the build up, winning the ball off Bixente Lizarazu.

Rangers should have added to their tally before half time through Michael Mols and Lorenzo Amoruso but Wessels was equal to anything on target.

Bayern made a change at half time with Carsten Jancker replacing Lizarazu, but it was Rangers who continued to call the tune.

Albertz should have added a second goal after 55 minutes and the hard-working Mols was again denied a minute later.

French keeper Charbonnier lost his bearings in the 80th minute but retrieved the situation by hooking Scholl's shot over the top.

But Bayern drew level a minute from time when Tarnat's shot took a deflection off the wall after Scholl had touched a short free kick to Effenberg.

Johansson might have put Rangers back in front on the stroke of full time, but yet another chance had been wasted as the home fans were left to think of what might have been.

Teams:

Rangers: Charbonnier, Numan, Moore, Amoruso, Porrini, Albertz, Ferguson, Van Bronckhorst, Reyna, Mols, Johansson. Subs: Niemi, Kanchelskis, Wallace, Vidmar, Hendry, Adamczuk, McCann.

Bayern Munich: Wessels, Kuffour, Matthaus, Linke, Lizarazu, Effenberg, Tarnat, Jeremies, Scholl, Elber, Salihamidzic. Subs: Schlosser, Andersson, Strunz, Fink, Jancker, Zickler, Santa Cruz.

Agree about Mols, my first ever Rangers game was when he put 4 past Andy Goram. Was gutted for weeks after that injury against Bayern, have no doubt that he would have surpassed Larsson in terms of goals for us had it not been for that cunt Kahn!

To be fair to Kahn, he tackled the ball and Mols landed heavily while trying to avoid hitting the keeper with his studs. Too nice for his own good there was ol' Mikey!

Also, we should have beat them at Ibrox as well. To only take one point out of those two games was hard to take.

I remember the equaliser at the ibrox game, that fucking free kick,

Our two results against valencia that year were hard to take as well, the first game we went to spain thinking they were there for the taking, and we got pumped,

Heart breaking to watch again, for a number of reasons:

1. Injury to Mols

2. Being extremely unlucky in both games against them

3. Knowing its very unlikely we will ever see that quality of manager, footballer or football at Ibrox again. Guys like Ian Black couldn't lace their boots.

Copland Rear for the home leg, we had them then that fucking deflection :disappointment:

Only watched the highlights of this game twice, not making it a third as I know how well we played.

Valencia 'The Aberdeen of Spain'

If only.

I was also in the Copland Rear. I was completely deflated when that fuckin ridiculous equaliser went in. I'm sure JJ had a chance straight after it, although it probably wasn't as clear cut as it is in my memory.

I was also in the Copland Rear. I was completely deflated when that fuckin ridiculous equaliser went in. I'm sure JJ had a chance straight after it, although it probably wasn't as clear cut as it is in my memory.

I've no idea, I've seen Albertz goal and the equalizer but not any in depth highlights.

Sickening.