Next season or the following one - how many new first team players?

nvager

Once we are able to sign new players (After Sept 1st.) albeit initially free agents, how many of the current first team will hold onto their places?

My gut says not too many.

Wallace apart the whole defence may be changed including Alexander. The midfield is poor too. Another striker as well.

That's a lot of change.

Each year we have to try to get a little better, increase the quality.

A few in and a couple out would do me.

In: 1 x CB

In: 1 x RB (maybe? - I would give Argyriou a chance next year)

In: 1 x CM

In: 1 x CF

Out: Kyle (definitely)

Out: Perry (definitely)

Out: Cribari (only if he was replaced)

Out: Sandaza (only if he was replaced)

As you can see, for the sake of having numbers in the squad, I would only cut Cribari & Sandaza if we replaced them with better quality in those exact positions. Improvement in the quality of a couple of positions in our team, would make a massive impact. Very little difference to the wage costs - big impact on the team.

Once we are able to sign new players (After Sept 1st.) albeit initially free agents, how many of the current first team will hold onto their places?

My gut says not too many.

Wallace apart the whole defence may be changed including Alexander. The midfield is poor too. Another striker as well.

That's a lot of change.

I think for the next year or two we dont really need to add to the squad that much and hopefully we will give some of our youngsters more chances in the lower leagues.

Its difficult to tell what Youngsters will kick on at this point. I am confident Macleod will and I am very hopeful Mckay will. The way I tend to look at it is to compare the team that won at Rugby Park in 2011 to our current team as that is the minimum level we will need to get back to to regain our title. Wallace and at a push Templeton are the only ones who would make it int that team at the moment.....Lot of work to do for us both in terms of player development and signings.

Our squad as it is now should have no problem in the second division, a lot of our current young players will get better and better as we move up. We can add to the squad as we get promoted, bringing in a few higher quality and maybe more experienced players, but to be honest I'm pretty happy with the way things are going just now no need for a complete overhaul.

There's only six players I would say have the attributes to help us win the SPL back, and that's the bottom line.

Alexander, Wallace, MCLeod, JIg, Templeton and wee Barry MCKay.

There are one or two youngsters like Naisminth and Crawford who cannot be ruled out but for me wee need in excess of twenty players.

And some right good ones at that!