Has Mourinho already been given the united job?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't you?

Because I have no reason to. Not only would it gain me nothing, but given that I use my real name and until very recently my real photo on here, it's easily verifiable information for anyone that cared to do so - so I would be easily caught out in such a lie, if it were one.

Because I have no reason to. Not only would it gain me nothing, but given that I use my real name and until very recently my real photo on here, it's easily verifiable information for anyone that cared to do so - so I would be easily caught out in such a lie, if it were one.

It was a lie. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

I still can't see why people could even consider moyes for the utd job!

Why not?

He has a solid sterling record. He did unbelievable under the notoriously difficult circumstances at Preston - saving them from relegation in league 2 then reaching the play-offs the year after, and winning it the year after that. His first season in Div 1 they got to the play offs again. Since then at Everton, a team with very limited resources and were at the time relegation contenders, he has consistently achieved - saving them in his first season, narrowly missing out on Europe the season after, and finishing as high as 4th - qualifying for Europe 4 times - the last six seasons he has finished 6-8th despite massive spending increases by many of his opponents.

Why not?

He has a solid sterling record. He did unbelievable under the notoriously difficult circumstances at Preston - saving them from relegation in league 2 then reaching the play-offs the year after, and winning it the year after that. His first season in Div 1 they got to the play offs again. Since then at Everton, a team with very limited resources and were at the time relegation contenders, he has consistently achieved - saving them in his first season, narrowly missing out on Europe the season after, and finishing as high as 4th - qualifying for Europe 4 times - the last six seasons he has finished 6-8th despite massive spending increases by many of his opponents.

He probably couldn't do it in a cold night away at Stoke though :craphead:

Why not?

I just can't see why he would even be in the running compared to pep and mourinho! Granted he has done pretty well with what he has been given he's hardly a worthy successor IMO

I just can't see why he would even be in the running compared to pep and mourinho! Granted he has done pretty well with what he has been given he's hardly a worthy successor IMO

Because neither Pep nor Mourinho have staying power.

I think that whoever gets that job is going to be considered a risk in one way or another.

True, given their predecessor. I think Moyes would be a considerable risk though, but can see why he is being linked due to his longevity, loyalty and relative success.

Why not?

The "limited resources" point is hard to justify, not because his resources AREN'T limited in comparison to other PL teams but because when he has been given money he has done crazy things like spending £11.25 mil on that fat bastard Yakubu and £8.6 mil on Andrew bloody Johnson.

Because neither Pep nor Mourinho have staying power.

I think mourinho would stick at it, the problem for him wouldn't be being able to stay and not fall out with anyone I think his downfall could be his massive ego and thinking he was bigger than the club itself which is the complete opposite of SAFs philosophy.