Our TV rights

GOAT

from what I can see online the sfl signed a deal for 15 gers games to the spl for £800,000 in first season, 15 games for £1m second season again 15 gers games for £1.2m third season. Nothing says the second and third year were signed only that they were discussed would think there would be clauses so either party can pull out after first year. This was done with Green involved and he and the sfl agreed a further deal for us to sell an undisclosed number of our own games as long as we got agreement from our opposition. Green did state latter on that he had wrote to all concerned saying we will not be selling our rights after this season, hopefully that's because he can.

from what I can see online the sfl signed a deal for 15 gers games to the spl for £800,000 in first season, 15 games for £1m second season again 15 gers games for £1.2m third season. Nothing says the second and third year were signed only that they were discussed would think there would be clauses so either party can pull out after first year. This was done with Green involved and he and the sfl agreed a further deal for us to sell an undisclosed number of our own games as long as we got agreement from our opposition. Green did state latter on that he had wrote to all concerned saying we will not be selling our rights after this season, hopefully that's because he can.

That is interesting, hopefully we have only discussed year 2 and year 3 and not signed

It is a 3 year deal according to the Daily Record - story was 10th Nov 2012

The SFL will receive £800,000 for selling the rights to Rangers games in the Third Division this season.

That money will rise to £1million next term and £1.2m in the one that follows.

I really doubt the sphell can make the next instalment

I really doubt the sphell can make the next instalment

I have serious doubts whether or not the SPL can pay out this seasons prize money. They delayed the payments last season, and that was with Rangers prize money kept.

Next season they will have 2 million less as Clydesdale ends its sponsorship deal, no money from Rangers, reduced money from SKY and increased TV money due to SFL.

Not to mention the threat of losing the "Pub TV" court case - 1.7m

Going by what happened this season the SPL paid the SFL £1m for our TV rights, correct? Then allowed SKY to show our games.

What's wrong with us offering the SFL just that little bit more than what the SPL are for next season then selling our rights to the highest bidder. Surely SKY would jump at the chance to show all 38 of our league matches next season or even all 18 aways. It does the SPL out of money, gives the SFL more money and makes us a profit?

Or is that just not possible and should I just shut ma mooth?

Well you said should I shut ma mooth......for suggesting that all home games should be on Sky I think that would be a good idea!