*** The Official 2013 World Snooker Championship Thread ***

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: He's the only show in town.

Not denying that however to say U only came back because U were board. Is disrespectful to the sport. Snooker doesn't need people that aren't 100% committed to the sport. The top guys get paid million. Barry Hearn should at least expect commitment.

250k for the winner - tidy!

Outstanding from Ronnie. He'll surely come back again next year.

The tourneys this year have missed him badly.

Great effort from Barry Hawkins as well.

Only gripe this year is that we never got to see Hazel in her final session cocktail dress.

Not denying that however to say U only came back because U were board. Is disrespectful to the sport. Snooker doesn't need people that aren't 100% committed to the sport. The top guys get paid million. Barry Hearn should at least expect commitment.

Why should everybody be 100% committed? What does it matter to you or me or Barry Hearn? Ronnie O'Sullivan has put an awful lot more into snooker than he has ever got out of it, or ever will. He owes snooker nothing. So the guy is a nutter/pompous windbag/waster. So what? You don't sign your life away to a lifetime of duty and commitment and drudgery the moment you dare to enter a pro tournament.

Stephen Hendry retired before Steve Davis did. Is that a "fuck you" to Barry Hearn?

And I think it's fair to say Hendry was by far the more consistent and dominant player. It's probably also fair to say if O'Sullivan had his consistency, he'd also have twice as many world titles as Hendry does.

Hendry came in at the right time with Davis on the decline and few other challengers. Ronnie had to compete with Hendry, Higgins (cheating Fenian John) Doherty Et al. Standard was much better when Ronnie had to compete. When he is on his game no one can compete either past, present and I doubt future

Hendry came in at the right time with Davis on the decline and few other challengers. Ronnie had to compete with Hendry, Higgins (cheating Fenian John) Doherty Et al. Standard was much better when Ronnie had to compete. When he is on his game no one can compete either past, present and I doubt future

The difference was Hendry was always on his game and he set the standard.

Aye Hendry had a level head and never suffered from the demons Ronnie had to endure. Hendry could have won more if he didnae have to worry about Mandy gettin pumped when he was in the practice room for 8 hours a day. Ronnie suffered from depression and he Suffered. When you have that hangin over you it makes it harder to motivate.

Who knows in 2 years if he has won the 7th you may acknowledge Ronnie was truly the greatest

It's worth also mentioning that Hendry declined dramatically when he hit 30 and won little of note in the last decade of his career. Ronnie O'Sullivan has just won back-to-back world championships at the age of 37 after nearly a year-long sabbatical.

Aye Hendry had a level head and never suffered from the demons Ronnie had to endure. Hendry could have won more if he didnae have to worry about Mandy gettin pumped when he was in the practice room for 8 hours a day. Ronnie suffered from depression and he Suffered. When you have that hangin over you it makes it harder to motivate.

Who knows in 2 years if he has won the 7th you may acknowledge Ronnie was truly the greatest

Also, Hendry breaking his cue had a big impact on his play.

Without Ronnie no one cared about this World Championship.

True! the Snooker world is not the same anymore. The competition has gone, Ronnie is one of the greatest players that has picked up a cue. Its just my opinion that Hendry is the greatest and set the standard and changed the game for the better.

Stephen Hendry is still for me by far the greatest player,not just for his game but for his bottle,"O'Sullivan added."He was awesome.

There will never be another Stephen Hendry. I,m more in the mould of Alex Higgins - we're too temperamental to be machines.

Quote from O,Sullivan after the final .

Hendry is the greatest ever snooker player ............