A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean I can put you on the 'pledged' list? :D

Go on then. I take it you will be joining the Trust at the same time.(How do I do the whistling smiley?)

Possibly an appropriate topic for my first post (if it gets through moderation that is).

We are united. United in our love for our club and wanting what is best for it. We don't always agree on what that is but that is normal and healthy, we can't expect to agree on everything. If we all met in the pub we'd probably get on well (maybe a few exceptions there but in general we would).

Constructive criticism is fine but sometimes people just seem to make things up, particularly about the RST. I've read things on here that I know are nonsense and that is why I registered. At the Trust we believe in fan ownership and have in place a mechanism to achieve that. We have tried to take on board all the criticism by launching a new website which gives members an opportunity to become much more involved in the running of the Trust.

I don't think it's particularly helpful to anyone to refer to things that happened nearly five years ago. The vast majority of Board members have changed since then and we want to move forward.

I'm happy to answer any questions as long as they are sensible but I'm not going to get embroiled in petty arguements with people who clearly hate the Trust for no good reason.

Are you partial to a certain type of orange? (The jaffa variety)

Go on then. I take it you will be joining the Trust at the same time.(How do I do the whistling smiley?)

Oooh. Touché.

Unfortunately I have pledged all my money to supporting Rangers directly. But if you put a tenner in to the fund, I'll put another tenner in to the fund too. How's that?

PS: If the whistling smiley you want is crabflute, you just type...

: crabflute: but without the space after the first colon.

PPS - here's a list of Fund member benefits ;)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252567entry1061050571

I'm not suggesting banning any mention of FF/RST, but what I am suggesting is banning the personal abuse and pointless slagging that we see so often on here. It's holding back the Rangers support.

Are you saying the FF and RST can be lumped together as one? FF and the RST have consistently and repeatedly denied this.

And you're thinking of the wrong thread, I'm on about the thread previously posted in which he exposed Imran Ahmad on the CRO.

So you pick and choose which (or whose) personal abuse offends you? Really? Your post was about the personal abuse dished out to Chris, if I mention the personal abuse he dishes out I'm thinking of the wrong thread...?

In any case, it's clear from this vote that your forum has made it's opinion clear. Which is a nice start. Hopefully the administrators of the forum will act upon the mandate it has been given and cut out the personal abuse, the petty shite and accept constructive criticism and debate only. Hate is for our enemies, we all have a common goal.

The 'mandate' you claim is (at the time of this post) 56 votes for "developing a more healthy relationship with other forums," 56 votes for "no/unnecessary." That's not a mandate.

What's the current standing in the vote on FF?

Oooh. Touché.

Unfortunately I have pledged all my money to supporting Rangers directly. But if you put a tenner in to the fund, I'll put another tenner in to the fund too. How's that?

PS: If the whistling smiley you want is crabflute, you just type...

: crabflute: but without the space after the first colon.

PPS - here's a list of Fund member benefits ;)

http://forum.rangers...ntry1061050571

I do a lot to directly support the club myself. Season ticket, merchandise, Rangers TV,Rising Stars and programmes. That I choose to spend less than 3p per day on a cause I passionately believe in doesn't make me a bad supporter and I think our club will benefit in the end anyway.

I do a lot to directly support the club myself. Season ticket, merchandise, Rangers TV,Rising Stars and programmes. That I choose to spend less than 3p per day on a cause I passionately believe in doesn't make me a bad supporter and I think our club will benefit in the end anyway.

Not at all mate. I imagine like almost every member of the RST, you're as good a Bear as it's possible to be (tu)

I'm just not keen on agenda-driven, self-serving dictatorships.

Welcome to RM - a platform for all Bears and all their opinions, but with no agendas (except by individuals or groups who join from elsewhere to push their agendas ;) )

Oooh. Touché.

In the spirit of Glasnost I will bung another tenner in as well if RST does it

Not at all mate. I imagine like almost every member of the RST, you're as good a Bear as it's possible to be (tu)

I'm just not keen on agenda-driven, self-serving dictatorships.

Welcome to RM - a platform for all Bears and all their opinions, but with no agendas (except by individuals or groups who join from elsewhere to push their agendas ;) )

You say that but what do you actually mean by it? It's anything but a dictatorship, believe me.

apoareny so if all you do is pay cash to slag players!

If I didn't know you were joking BP9, I'd put you over my knee. :lol:

As you well know the money went to Rangers Football Club, not Darren Cole.

But for what it's worth, here are my predictions...

1. Darren will be a massive player for us next season

2. Bluepeter9 will renew his Fund membership this season

3. Bluepeter9 will also contribute when we raffle Darren Cole's framed shirt amongst last season's fund members

- You heard it here first :thumbup:

Sorry but that is idealistic.

The forums are very different and for that reason attract very different types of people as adherents. I can't see any marked relationship between the Rangers that I love/live and the FF forum or the RST. The very ethos of these organisations are the opposite of the Rangers legacy of morality, dignity and dare I say it integrity (sporting and otherwise).

For me that's one of the reasons why the events of the last 18 months have hurt so much. People who have been involved with the club have not lived up to these standards, they've let the club - and all associated with it - down.

There are others, on the fringe of the club (principally the entities named above), who also have acted abominably and continue to do so.

The thought of uniting with them appeals to me as much as the thought of inviting Craig Whyte round for dinner.

how to rig a poll: put one question that you want to be the answer - put other questions to split the answers you don't want ! lol

what about the option for every one just accepts that forums are bonkers ? that would get a concensus!?

You say that but what do you actually mean by it? It's anything but a dictatorship, believe me.

I'm sorry, I can't believe that. There are too many aspects of what they do that upset me.

I'm not going to go in to it, because I don't like all the infighting either - I just like having a laugh about it. But there are plenty of other members who will happily have the same old arguments with you though (tu)

Anyway mate - you have to sign up to the Sponsors' Fund now cos me and Swally (and Bluepeter9) have all pledged to chuck another tenner in if you do.

That's almost a stadium brick, and if you put your case forward well, you may be able to influence the vote on the brick wording :D

If I didn't know you were joking BP9, I'd put you over my knee. :lol:

As you well know the money went to Rangers Football Club, not Darren Cole.

But for what it's worth, here are my predictions...

1. Darren will be a massive player for us next season

2. Bluepeter9 will renew his Fund membership this season

3. Bluepeter9 will also contribute when we raffle Darren Cole's framed shirt amongst last season's fund members

- You heard it here first :thumbup:

govan blue either I have fked up or you have fked up - now I fk up regularly but I thought that this was about fan unity and some idiot said ( I paraphrase) why don't we all just go to ibrox and pay our money and slag players - and some one responded to my comment on that - and so on ..

... and then you jump in and confuse the hell out of mme now I know that

1. I am easily confused

2. I often fk up

but could it be you have fked up this time? even just a slim possibility ?

ps not contributed to your little project yet as I was waiting to see if you did well or it might need a boost! you know I love you!! ( your ideas I mean! )

sometimes I eat pies too , could you take me under your wing tho superfan and teach me how too be great like you

eat more pies - then you can be as big a fan as me :pipe:

Ps - it's a sad life if you think slagging players is the way to show support !

govan blue either I have fked up or you have fked up - now I fk up regularly but I thought that this was about fan unity and some idiot said ( I paraphrase) why don't we all just go to ibrox and pay our money and slag players - and some one responded to my comment on that - and so on ..

... and then you jump in and confuse the hell out of mme now I know that

1. I am easily confused

2. I often fk up

but could it be you have fked up this time? even just a slim possibility ?

ps not contributed to your little project yet as I was waiting to see if you did well or it might need a boost! you know I love you!! ( your ideas I mean! )

Yes BP9 - I fked up this time.

I only now see that you were responding to another poster and that you were implying that he slgas off players. I thought you were saying "why donate to the Sponsors' Fund, as all they do is give money to slag players (players who are slags)

I thought it was a joke on how well Darren Cole performed for us this season :D

I'm sorry, I can't believe that. There are too many aspects of what they do that upset me.

I'm not going to go in to it, because I don't like all the infighting either - I just like having a laugh about it. But there are plenty of other members who will happily have the same old arguments with you though (tu)

Anyway mate - you have to sign up to the Sponsors' Fund now cos me and Swally (and Bluepeter9) have all pledged to chuck another tenner in if you do.

That's almost a stadium brick, and if you put your case forward well, you may be able to influence the vote on the brick wording :D

my goodness how much of my cash have you pledged so far?? I have a drink habit to support you know!! :pipe:

Okay, I've shown good faith and donated. I can't make you believe me but I and most of my fellow board members have no interest in belonging to an organisation such as the one you described.

eat more pies - then you can be as big a fan as me :pipe:

Ps - it's a sad life if you think slagging players is the way to show support !

u obv missed the sarcasm in my post but I'm getting bored now and this is taking the topic off point , but feel free too lecture me some more in pm if you want

Yes BP9 - I fked up this time.

I only now see that you were responding to another poster and that you were implying that he slgas off players. I thought you were saying "why donate to the Sponsors' Fund, as all they do is give money to slag players (players who are slags)

I thought it was a joke on how well Darren Cole performed for us this season :D

fair do's - I may add that post as my sig - am apology on rm!! I'll add yet another £10 to my pledges - in Darren cole and govan blue we trust!!!