A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

I still don't understand why that should warrant personal abuse.

Mark Dingwall is still a person, and regardless of your views on him, a bit of civility is not unreasonable to expect towards a fellow Rangers fan.

Now you have crossed the line. :D

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that still the case?

As I speak, the votes are 80-38 in favour of improved relations.

It's a shame you don't support the idea of improved relations Peter. But I'm sure your reasons are noble ones.

Mark Dingwall is still a person, and regardless of your views on him, a bit of civility is not unreasonable to expect towards a fellow Rangers fan.

Unfortunately, Mark Dingwall is someone who provokes very strong emotions in Rangers fans.

It appears Chris is having much the same effect, as his views grow more in line with Dingwall's.

RM can't - it's not one body, it's a collective of individuals

RM can - it got behind the Hampden protest, it got behind Chris Graham when he took on English on Scotland Tonight, a long time ago it even got behind Donald Muir...

This whole 'RM cant' attitude is just rubbish and an excuse for doing nothing. It seems to be more a case of 'RM wont' than 'RM cant'

I can't say for certain but I think CG's detractors believe he has diluted his previously-held strong opinions in order to be suited to a TV audience. I know there's a feeling among some supporters that Chris has become too close to Richard Wilson and Tom English, in that they are shaping his opinions.

So Chris is being abused for his opinions?

But isn't that what RM is supposed to stand for? The ability to present your opinion, whatever that may be, without a witch hunt? Surely that attitude is contradictory?

RM can - it got behind the Hampden protest, it got behind Chris Graham when he took on English on Scotland Tonight, a long time ago it even got behind Donald Muir...

This whole 'RM cant' attitude is just rubbish and an excuse for doing nothing. It seems to be more a case of 'RM wont' than 'RM cant'

Where are the statements from RM on these issues?

Dingwall is a lot of things but a Rangers fan isn't one of them.

RM Better not. :p20:

If I wanted someone to speak for me, I wouldn't bother posting.

At the end of the day, it's up to each individual to make their own decision about who they're friends with, or not. There are loads of fans of FF on this site, and loads of others who wish them well.

See my post from last Christmas if you don't believe me.

Nobody, as far as I can tell. You claim RM got behind these things, I'm wondering what you base that claim on if not statements from RM.

I base it on forum opinion and threads from that time. Forum moderators were certainly keen to push those issues.

RM Better not. :p20:

If I wanted someone to speak for me, I wouldn't bother posting.

At the end of the day, it's up to each individual to make their own decision about who they're friends with, or not. There are loads of fans of FF on this site, and loads of others who wish them well.

See my post from last Christmas if you don't believe me.

I respect your opinion sir, but the majority of bears across the two sites want this issue addressed.

Nobody is asking RM to release a statement or anything like that, everyone just wants a bit of civility between the forums and some action taken to stop personal abuse on Rangers fans. FF is being asked for exactly the same.

Surely even yourself can hardly disagree on these issues?

I respect your opinion sir, but the majority of bears across the two sites want this issue addressed.

Nobody is asking RM to release a statement or anything like that, everyone just wants a bit of civility between the forums and some action taken to stop personal abuse on Rangers fans. FF is being asked for exactly the same.

Not sure how you've calculated the wants of the majority of Bears, but I'll let that pass.

But I think now finally I see what you're asking. If you're asking that RM Mods/Admin try to ensure that posters don't cross unnecessary lines in regards personal abuse or blanket abuse etc, then yes, you've got a point.

I personally am not an abuser, so it shouldn't affect me, but yes, the world would be a better place if we could all get along a bit better. But I don't want RM telling me what my own policy will be.

Must give you great credit for trying to unite our fans. But can you tell me if Vanguard Bears are invited to the part, as when people post about them on FF. the posts are deleted.

I base it on forum opinion and threads from that time. Forum moderators were certainly keen to push those issues.

That's very different from what you claimed. What you gauge forum opinion to be is not the same as RM's position. Govanblue is correct, RM don't take positions. We're apolitical, our members are free to state their opinion (within limits). Some will be for - and some against - every topic. That's the way it should be. Individual mods and admins are exactly the same, we don't agree on everything, nor should we. There is no RM position, your earlier post was simply wrong.

Must give you great credit for trying to unite our fans. But can you tell me if Vanguard Bears are invited to the part, as when people post about them on FF. the posts are deleted.

VB is part of it, unfortunately I don't have an account there so I can't post the poll there. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll make one and try to gather some opinion from their side on it.

That's very different from what you claimed. What you gauge forum opinion to be is not the same as RM's position. Govanblue is correct, RM don't take positions. We're apolitical, our members are free to state their opinion (within limits). Some will be for - and some against - every topic. That's the way it should be. Individual mods and admins are exactly the same, we don't agree on everything, nor should we. There is no RM position, your earlier post was simply wrong.

I can appreciate that maybe my point was badly put across. I'll try again.

RM is governed by it's site rules, correct? And admin/mod/forum mods enforce these site rules on the forums, yes?

I can appreciate that maybe my point was badly put across. I'll try again.

RM is governed by it's site rules, correct? And admin/mod/forum mods enforce these site rules on the forums, yes?

I think we're getting close to the true reason behind the recent deluge of posts from this "fan" being revealed.

I think we're getting close to the true reason behind the recent deluge of posts from this "fan" being revealed.

My motivation is pure. I want what is best for our Club.

My view is that one of the best ways to safeguard the future of the Club is some sort of democratically elected fans representative on the Board of Directors. Not only that, but it will work to our advantage when the good times return as the views and issues of the fans are raised in the boardroom.

I appreciate not everyone believes that is the way forward, but whilst we're debating these points, we can at least stop tearing other Rangers fans apart. Save the venom for our enemy, we have far more in common that unites us than what comes between us that divides us.

My motivation is pure. I want what is best for our Club.

My view is that one of the best ways to safeguard the future of the Club is some sort of democratically elected fans representative on the Board of Directors. Not only that, but it will work to our advantage when the good times return as the views and issues of the fans are raised in the boardroom.

I appreciate not everyone believes that is the way forward, but whilst we're debating these points, we can at least stop tearing other Rangers fans apart. Save the venom for our enemy, we have far more in common that unites us than what comes between us that divides us.

I don't believe you. You are obviously a FF/RST drone sent on a mission. When will your master understand that these tactics have been tried too many times for them not to be obvious.

I have nothing in common with Dingwall and his cronies. It shames me that they are associated with my club in any way whatsoever.