Neymar signs for barca?

Neymar flew back to Brazil on Tuesday morning after officially putting pen to paper with Barça, but the saga surrounding his move to Spain could be set to rumble on. The Dis Group, which owned 40% of the player's rights before the transfer, has been left with a bitter taste in the mouth in light of the revelation that the deal is worth €57 million in total and has threatened to report Barça to FIFA. Indeed, earlier today, Roberto Moreno, the group's CEO, told Spanish radio channel 'Rac1' that the company feels cheated and will look to claim what it believes it is due. What's more, during the Brazilian's unveiling, Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu admitted that the club had made a €10 million down payment for the starlet, something FIFA rules forbid when the player in question is under contract.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Neymar has become so notoriously over rated that people have started to underestimate his ability.

He is unproven in Europe, and hasn't set the world alight for Brazil against stronger international teams but he is undoubtedly extremely talented.

He will score plenty of goals, look amazing at times I'm sure, and entertain La Liga, but he is definitely not the type of signing Barcelona needed. They still lack pace, power, defensive stability and a direct goal threat.

He will fit into the team well, but if you look where Barca have failed in recent seasons during many big games (Inter, Chelsea, Bayern, Real) - I don't think Neymar is the ingredient they've been lacking.

They could still do with another striker, especially for the big games. Messi is more effective coming in from the right (against better teams) as he can get on the ball more and has more space.

I do lile Villa as a player, but he's only getting older and isn't the player he was a few years ago.

Neymar - New Player - Messi

Someone like a Drogba in his prime would be ideal. Not sure who else is out there who could do that role.

They could still do with another striker, especially for the big games. Messi is more effective coming in from the right (against better teams) as he can get on the ball more and has more space.

I do lile Villa as a player, but he's only getting older and isn't the player he was a few years ago.

Neymar - New Player - Messi

Someone like a Drogba in his prime would be ideal. Not sure who else is out there who could do that role.

That kind of striker isn't as common now, Benteke or Lukaku might be the closest thing, and I can't see them moving Messi to the right for an extended period of time given how prolific he is.