The RST's remit

thehost

This isn't about what i think. It's about what the support think as a general.

I thought it would be good to have an open discussion where free speech can be heard and cover all areas of pro and anti.

Indeed this board would be an ideal middle ground for FF and VB members to be allowed to meet and discuss all sorts of stuff that FF refuse to entertain.

Allow real debate.

I was just asking. If you are a member of an organisation (which you are), and you want them to do something (which you do), and they have the means to allow you to express what you want done directly to them ( which they have), then it's best to use it no?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

200,000 went to Manchester

35,000 were inside Ibrox

Hundreds of thousands were in pubs, clubs and bars all over the world watching the 2008 UEFA Cup final

The RST in its 10 years has around 2,000 members.

And one common denominator has been there since the very first meeting.

I would say its irrelevant what they do now because its clear the overwhelming majority of the Rangers fan base want nothing to do with them.

200,000 went to Manchester

35,000 were inside Ibrox

Hundreds of thousands were in pubs, clubs and bars all over the world watching the 2008 UEFA Cup final

The RST in its 10 years has around 2,000 members.

And one common denominator has been there since the very first meeting.

I would say its irrelevant what they do now because its clear the overwhelming majority of the Rangers fan base want nothing to do with them.

When I was in Manchester I had never heard of the RST, infact I hadn't heard of them until last year despite my 40 years at Ibrox, I do accept the task of changing its perception to much of the support will be difficult.

I was just asking. If you are a member of an organisation (which you are), and you want them to do something (which you do), and they have the means to allow you to express what you want done directly to them ( which they have), then it's best to use it no?

It's not about what I want I want to know what others want.

If my recollection is correct and it is not great these days the RST is around ten years young and was founded in 2003.

Now even a 'Not-for-Profit' organization is only as strong as it's membership. Why has the membership of the RST never risen above more than 1,500 - 2,000 members. That from a support that has almost 50,000 fans at games every other Saturday.

To me that is very very strange.

What the total lack of interest shows is that either the model is wrong or the image is shattered and badly broken. Is some re-branding needed??

Two successful branded companies which spring to mind are Harley-Davidson and Burberry.

Burberry Founded in England more than 150 years ago, the once small brand has been embraced by celebrities, royalty and preppies alike.

Not too long ago, Burberry was at risk of being dismissed as frumpy and over-extended, however. It was even considered gangwear. It was only worn by neds.

New leadership and savvy product design are what transformed the brand into one of the hottest fashion labels, say retail experts.

Harley-Davidson Back in 1985, the Harley-Davidson motorcycle was at risk of disappearing from highways when it almost went bankrupt. What saved the company, says Richard F. Teerlink, the former CFO turned CEO who championed the change, was a better product to match the well-known brand,

The Lesson: Support your brand with a high-performing product and weed out inefficient management. "Be aware of controls that are barriers to effectiveness," said Teerlink.

Is Teerlink correct? Could the RT be re-branded? Do they need to rid themselves of the image that has clearly hampered their attempts to harness the Rangers support?

Who are 'the barriers to effectiveness' and do these barriers need to be removed?

Someone within the RST needs to ask the difficult questions or they will continue to stagnate with their appallingly low membership numbers.

N_S, both Burberry and Harley-Davidson were successful organisations that had lost their way and recovered.

The Busted Flush Group hasn't had a way to lose............if you get my drift.

Successful is not a word I can associate with them.

Never.

the trust may not have "had its way to lose" but the fan base is still out there and the question is why does it attract so few members ?

What say all you RST members, past members, future members re the remit of The RST?

We last heard when they were commenting on the board and making it clear that they (who they are is another point) wanted Walter Smith to remain. So we can therefore assume that the RST board see it within their remit to comment of RFC board personnel.

We have had no statement further to the said board meeting regaridng the outcome and the anointment of W Smith as Chair.

We have had no statement re the interim position of CEO nor whether it is appropriate for a club, of our size, to not have a CEO.

We have had no statement about the lack of any vision from Ibrox after the new board was formed.

We have had no comment about MM staying on the board despite being asked to leave on numerous occasions.

We have no comment regading Mr Easdale joining the board.

Unfortunately I think the only time the RST release a statement is either A) when they can be bothered or B) it suits their agenda

The fact that this post would not be allowed on FF is beyond ridiculous and puts them in the same camp as North Korea and Stalin's Russia, OK a little over the top, but you get my point.

The usual suspects making snide comments in here, whilst the rest of us actually go out and do something about repairing the damage within the Trust's image.

It's easy to separate the can's and the cant's... ;)

The usual suspects making snide comments in here, whilst the rest of us actually go out and do something about repairing the damage within the Trust's image.

Hi buzz we've missed you.

Good few topics have been listed for you to get your teeth into.

Enjoy

Your a cant :lol:

Remarkable comment from a Rangers fan given what we have been through.

But it's Rangers Media, so you might as well align yourself.

Precisely.

Whilst our enemies circle like vultures, we're busy trying to kick fuck out each other.

We have a common interest in destroying the reputation of these people, so let's make it happen eh?

Worse. Being found dead in a crushed up Harley Davidson whilst wearing a Burberry........and your RST life membership certificate hanging from the pocket.

What was that I mentioned about 'big hitters' on the other thread?

Division Division Division.

Well done, take a big fucking bow whilst you look in the mirror.

Unfortunately I think the only time the RST release a statement is either A) when they can be bothered or B) it suits their agenda

The fact that this post would not be allowed on FF is beyond ridiculous and puts them in the same camp as North Korea and Stalin's Russia, OK a little over the top, but you get my point.

The RST has no control over the content of any website other than our own.

What was that I mentioned about 'big hitters' on the other thread?

Division Division Division.

Well done, take a big fucking bow whilst you look in the mirror.

Not aware of the other thread - can't be arsed hunting it down either. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. The Busted Flush Group's motto these days.........once they decide who's camp they're in. Laugh? I nearly did.

The RST has no control over the content of any website other than our own.

My arse, complete control of FF, the alignment of the RST to FF is single biggest problem related to the RST growing in any meaningful form in relation to the internet.

Not aware of the other thread - can't be arsed hunting it down either. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. The Busted Flush Group's motto these days.........once they decide who's camp their in. Laugh? I nearly did.

The RSt should never be a busted flush, you and your like are making it a busted flush.

In Rangers interest or self interest?

You know the answer.