The RST's remit

thehost

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just trying to help. You think its fine carry on.

I realise that and I didn't mean to be dismissive but how can one person represent the views of an entire website when those websites have such a diverse membership and are full of predominently anonymous members.

we should have one RFC forum then where all views could be aired. Rather than the apartheid schooling model followed!

I would quite like to see something similar to that, totally agree. That's why I called for better relations between the major forums months back. Unfortunately, it was shot down by the administrators of both FF and RM.

Whilst merging forums might be considered impractical due to ownership issues and what not, I don't think a bit of civility is much to ask. We're all fans of Rangers. Slagging off other forums for no good reason (this happens on both RM and FF) should be dealt with by the forum warning procedure IMO.

rst have never attacked anything, apart from people trying to purchase the club in the hope that mini could win the Euro lottery.

It's not the RST's job to attack anything.

You want to see our enemies attacked, the boys at VB do an excellent job of tackling them.

I would quite like to see something similar to that, totally agree. That's why I called for better relations between the major forums months back. Unfortunately, it was shot down by the administrators of both FF and RM.

Whilst merging forums might be considered impractical due to ownership issues and what not, I don't think a bit of civility is much to ask. We're all fans of Rangers. Slagging off other forums for no good reason (this happens on both RM and FF) should be dealt with by the forum warning procedure IMO.

No you didn't call for that, plus when you reappeared back on here you started straight way with remarks to posters that couldn't be any further from being civil.

It's not the RST's job to attack anything.

You want to see our enemies attacked, the boys at VB do an excellent job of tackling them.

so why did this ten year failure attack people trying to purchase the club...........because their pretty boy was facing competition.

So by not denying I am confirming? I don't think so. I've previously said that Mark has been democratically elected and does a power of work. I have stated that I think the in-fighting amongst websites doesn't do us any good. By us I mean both the Trust and the wider Rangers support. Slagging off each other is a waste of time and energy, particularly if there is no good reason for it.

That's what's known as a "non-denial denial". I'll give you a little clue what I know: an ex-RST board member is a good friend of mine. He's spoken privately to three current RST board members to express his belief that it would be better if MD stood down. The answer from all three was, "Yes, we know but he won't go." Yes, Mark tries very hard to get involved with every Rangers group but insodoing. he achieves nothing for the support or the club, as the "RFFF say yes to renewals but the RST say no" debacle shows. Mark wants to run with the hares and hunt with the hounds. The fact that the RST continues to allow him to do so prevents the RST from growing. You know it, I know it and everyone on here knows it. What you choose to do it is up to you. I truly don't care what you decide, as I've said the RST has no role to play in the support's future. I'm just reminding you of a couple of facts as a goodwill gesture. Cheers.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I'm away for a smoke.

By the time I return back in a few minutes, this thread will have grown another 3 pages and no progress whatsoever will have been made. It's sad.

Really, yet so many people seem to know who I am. Could be the gender and location - it's a bit of a giveaway.

omg how vain are you, you sound like furry..............I do not know who you are, all I now is you appear on here to give furry a break, and spout the usual rst crap.........we have to move on and forget the past..........we have brought in technology to cover voting........yeah technology can be used ti suit the people who want a certain answer.

So if your bubble isn't burst as to my silliness in not knowing who you are, can you confirm you have been told to come on here and spout the usual party line.

10 years of failure.

omg how vain are you, you sound like furry..............I do not know who you are, all I now is you appear on here to give furry a break, and spout the usual rst crap.........we have to move on and forget the past..........we have brought in technology to cover voting........yeah technology can be used ti suit the people who want a certain answer.

So if your bubble isn't burst as to my silliness in not knowing who you are, can you confirm you have been told to come on here and spout the usual party line.

10 years of failure.

Not when it's completely transparent and accountable.

You're talking about something you know nothing about. As per. ;)

Firstly apologies but for some strange reason I cannot get return to work with this forum and this PC so no easy to read paragraphs alas. I think the trust needs to realise that it has a real perception problem, this is a trust and no one else's issue. I am not really interested in personalities and people can do what they like with their forums. However, I think its a real shame that any discussion about said trust leads to internecine fighting. The easy solution is to change the trust board, for the greater good. Change the rules and insist that a member of VB, FF, RM all have to be represented on a board size of 8. The 3 forums can decide who they want to represent them. Then, at least, some of the faction fighting will be removed. I would further suggest that the board should try and get some professionally qualified f good corporate standing and also try and entice a business leader or too. When someone has a few million and a bit of time on, to give something back, they are less likely to be seen as interested in a blazer ego rush.

Absolutely hilarious that you think the RST should move from one member, one vote to a system that appoints people to the board simply for starting a website. Do DTB get a seat? Do Gersnet get a seat? Do CRO get a seat? Do TRS get a seat? Mental.

Absolutely hilarious that you think the RST should move from one member, one vote to a system that appoints people to the board simply for starting a website. Do DTB get a seat? Do Gersnet get a seat? Do CRO get a seat? Do TRS get a seat? Mental.

Oh, I don't know. I think it's essential that the body purporting to represent the entire support is drawn from all quarters. Let's face it, the RST are hardly a runaway success in their current guise as Mark Dingwall, a few chosen helpers from FF plus a couple of pet outsiders. If the RST wants to grow, the first step is to ditch the playground tactics of not speaking to or about certain other sites just because they contain some people with trenchant views. FFS, I can't believe that really needs to be stated. Ownership of a football club is grown up stuff, way past, "You were nasty to me, I'm not your friend."

What do you think about that result the guys got re bbc?

Also why you showing the dick dhung pic?

Oh, I don't know. I think it's essential that the body purporting to represent the entire support is drawn from all quarters. Let's face it, the RST are hardly a runaway success in their current guise as Mark Dingwall, a few chosen helpers from FF plus a couple of pet outsiders. If the RST wants to grow, the first step is to ditch the playground tactics of not speaking to or about certain other sites just because they contain some people with trenchant views. FFS, I can't believe that really needs to be stated. Ownership of a football club is grown up, way past, "You were nasty to me, I'm not your friend."

The RST does not purport to represent the entire support, it clearly states it represents its members. This myth is peddled in every RST thread and it is a view held by those who wish to harm the RST for whatever reason.

And as for not speaking to other sites, I think every site is guilty of that. Not one is interested in lowering the guard, not just FF.

The RST does not purport to represent the entire support, it clearly states it represents its members. This myth is peddled in every RST thread and it is a view held by those who wish to harm the RST for whatever reason.

And as for not speaking to other sites, I think every site is guilty of that. Not one is interested in lowering the guard, not just FF.

The RST's main aim is fan ownership, correct? Which fans do the RST think can/will buy the club, their 1,500-2,000 members on their own? Then why don't they? One guy has just invested £750k by himself in Rangers shares this week. What's the total value of the shareholding of the RST's 2,000 members? Just for my info. Do the RST think fan ownership is achievable just from RST members and party-line following FF posters? Good luck with that.

The RST have done it before so why not now....... but then you know all that don't you johnny come lately.... pop off and ask someone what the hell I am on about and then pop back with the party line

The RST's main aim is fan ownership, correct? Which fans do the RST think can/will buy the club, their 1,500-2,000 members on their own? Then why don't they? One guy has just invested £750k by himself in Rangers shares this week. What's the total value of the shareholding of the RST's 2,000 members? Just for my info. Do the RST think fan ownership is achievable just from RST members and party-line following FF posters? Good luck with that.

The answers to all your questions can be found on the RST website, http://www.therst.co.uk

Except the last one. Party-line following FF posters? You clearly haven't visited FF very often :D

Ownership of a football club is grown up stuff, way past, "You were nasty to me, I'm not your friend."

Indeed. It's not "grown up" to appoint people to your board because they started a website. Why only 3 reps? Why those three websites? Where does it end? Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

RST members vote the board in. If anyone wants to change it then vote for it. Very simple.

All those blog/tv appearnaces and a couple of Bears quietly working away not drawing attention to themselves and achieve more that you have ever done...................btw whose your profile has it risen anymore.

I think it's time for you to admit this ............

http://youtu.be/VZaIBQpIrn4

Indeed. It's not "grown up" to appoint people to your board because they started a website. Why only 3 reps? Why those three websites? Where does it end? Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

RST members vote the board in. If anyone wants to change it then vote for it. Very simple.

Nope try again