The RST's remit

thehost

The answers to all your questions can be found on the RST website, http://www.therst.co.uk

Except the last one. Party-line following FF posters? You clearly haven't visited FF very often :D

Well, just the 10,000 posts under my original username, plus approx. 1,000 more under my 2nd. Both now life banned for criticising FF Admin & RST policy respectively.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RST have done it before so why not now....... but then you know all that don't you johnny come lately.... pop off and ask someone what the hell I am on about and then pop back with the party line

Why those three websites? Why not the others? Because you decided? A fully democratic organisation should appoint people simply because they start a website? Brilliant.

The RST have done it before so why not now....... but then you know all that don't you johnny come lately.... pop off and ask someone what the hell I am on about and then pop back with the party line

Someone hs quote from furry saying that people get at him because he has a profile and they don't so therefore it's jealousy against him.

Why those three websites? Why not the others? Because you decided? A fully democratic organisation should appoint people simply because they start a website? Brilliant.

I' saying to you that there is precedence for not being elected onto the board.... come on chris surely one of your mates can update you quicker than this

Selling more than they ever did especially in North America and Asia. Ducatis wee poof bikes --- LOL No such thing as a good/bad bike only ones you either enjoy or do not enjoy riding.

Never been in a bike club either. Wanted to be a Hell's Angel but my mother wouldn't let me. Ridden a broad range of bikes but rarely sports bikes asa I'm built for comfort not for speed.

My original point HD had a bad reputation and a really bad product. They have managed to turn both around -- but it took time and a willingness to succeed and to admit they had been wring for a while. I do not see any signs of the RST being ready to face themselves in the mirror.

But this isn't America and the RST are not Hells Angels, oh by btw your mother knows you better, that your head is up your arse and you have no sense of humour, now run along and get her to comb your hair.

I' saying to you that there is precedence for not being elected onto the board.... come on chris surely one of your mates can update you quicker than this

I don't care if there is precedent. The idea you get a place for starting a website is absurd.

Indeed. It's not "grown up" to appoint people to your board because they started a website. Why only 3 reps? Why those three websites? Where does it end? Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

RST members vote the board in. If anyone wants to change it then vote for it. Very simple.

Sure, people could do that...if they gave a fuck about the future of a body whose time appears past and who seem more and more to be a complete irrelevance. Also, it's even less grown up to propose/appoint someone to a board just because they say, "Yes, Mark." As I'm sure you would agree.

No and I don't care. It's a daft idea.

Well you should know and you should certainly care otherwise it looks like you are discussing you know nothing about. The RST board decided to hand out board membership without an election because in doing so they thought they made the organisation stronger. The reason I want VB and RM accommodated is not because they have websites but rather they represent an additional two strands of thought that are not currently represented on the board. I could quite simply, if you are to be believed, turn up with 50 folk and elect an entirely different board, the problem being that this would be just as divisive as the current. incarnation

There will be elections in September and there are 4 board vacancies as it stands at the moment. If any existing board members are up for election their places will also be dependent on the members votes. The elections will be in accordance with the Supporters Direct rules which are FCA approved. Board members are elected for a period of two years.

There will be no preferential treatment for any existing member and any member seeking to be elected can PM for details how to go about it.

Well you should know and you should certainly care otherwise it looks like you are discussing you know nothing about. The RST board decided to hand out board membership without an election because in doing so they thought they made the organisation stronger. The reason I want VB and RM accommodated is not because they have websites but rather they represent an additional two strands of thought that are not currently represented on the board. I could quite simply, if you are to be believed, turn up with 50 folk and elect an entirely different board, the problem being that this would be just as divisive as the current. incarnation

Under our rules we are allowed to co-opt people onto the Board if they are deemed to have particular skills and attributes but these numbers are limited. We must have more elected members than co-optees though. I'm not really sure what you are alluding to, can you be more specific?

There will be elections in September and there are 4 board vacancies as it stands at the moment. If any existing board members are up for election their places will also be dependent on the members votes. The elections will be in accordance with the Supporters Direct rules which are FCA approved. Board members are elected for a period of two years.

There will be no preferential treatment for any existing member and any member seeking to be elected can PM for details how to go about it.

Fire me through a PM cheers an di will arrange for someone suitable to be elected. Thanks

Under our rules we are allowed to co-opt people onto the Board if they are deemed to have particular skills and attributes but these numbers are limited. We must have more elected members than co-optees though. I'm not really sure what you are alluding to, can you be more specific?

Did I say you broke rules? Did I say it was a bad thing? I pointed out you did it because you thought it would make your stronger. Jeez don't be so defensive all the time. I was pointing out to chris that he doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does and there was precedence for what I was seeking i.e. two people added who represent different strands of thought for the benefit of the RST and hopefully the club too.

John McMillan was co-opted onto the RST board without members being consulted. I'm sure you remember, you were on the board at the time.

I'm sure I've seen RM state several times that they have no collective website view. They are not a fans group. So why not the other websites too?

Simply put your idea flies in the face of one member, one vote. It's ridiculous.

I'm sure I've seen RM state several times that they have no collective website view. They are not a fans group. So why not the other websites too?

Simply put your idea flies in the face of one member, one vote. It's ridiculous.

As ridiculous as someone wanting to ignore precedence.

John McMillan was co-opted onto the RST board without members being consulted. I'm sure you remember, you were on the board at the time.

Absolutely correct and now we have Drew Robertson. I'm not sure what your point is.