Charles Green

minstral

Would he have the same attitude if Ally resigned, walked away without saying a word? After all that is what Green done. not get sacked.

I know your reply to this already... "he was forced out".

Well you don't think there was at least an element of him being forced out? All well saying he should have fought etc but if club legends like Walter and Ally with so much influence had totally turned against him what real chance was there of him surviving?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will rue the day that the cowards, and hand-wringers on the board forced him out. He was not perfect, but the one thing he did was, to stand up for our club.

Green walked after bumping his gums once too often - and he wasn't prepared to stand and fight his own corner over Imran-gate. Hardly the actions of a so called 'stand up' leader.

And you worry about hand-wringers on the board?

Green said: “Sectarian singing, or any form of race or religious discrimination, is not acceptable. I know Rangers have made great strides but my position is very clear – anybody who is identified will be banned for life. There will be no appeals."

“What I also said at the meeting is if you’re stood next to the man and not seen to be policing that – ie putting your hand up and saying arrest my best mate because of his sectarian chanting – I’m going to ban you as well."

I can only imagine how impressed you were with that, Minstral.

And that's before we get to the man's hypocrisy with that statement not long before he sullied his reputation over Imran-gate.

I'm glad he's away. He'll be long forgotten soon enough.

Green walked after bumping his gums once too often - and he wasn't prepared to stand and fight his own corner over Imran-gate. Hardly the actions of a so called 'stand up' leader.

Green said: “Sectarian singing, or any form of race or religious discrimination, is not acceptable. I know Rangers have made great strides but my position is very clear – anybody who is identified will be banned for life. There will be no appeals."

“What I also said at the meeting is if you’re stood next to the man and not seen to be policing that – ie putting your hand up and saying arrest my best mate because of his sectarian chanting – I’m going to ban you as well."

And that's before we get to the man's hypocrisy with that statement not long before he sullied his reputation over Imran-gate.

The man who saved the club will never be forgotten and neither he should be.

Also, what a shock to see you moaning about his soundbites over the singing yet again.

Moses i was not impressed with what he said about the singing and said so at the time. But Green done a lot of good things for the club. Plus he was not scared to speak out. What we have now is back to sitting and saying nothing, and hearing our CEO saying he will strike back when the time is right. Would you not say that he should be striking back right now.

The man who saved the club will never be forgotten and neither he should be.

Let's get this straight once and for all - Green never saved the club.

We the supporters did. Green would have been nowhere near us if it had not been a will and insight to tap into the potential to monetize our support. That's the end of his motivation. If his motivation was different, he wouldn't have walked away so readily when he took the chance to do so.

What Green did do was make the best bid to Duff & Phelps at the time - or so we are to believe at the moment prior to the conclusion of all of BDO's investigations - so he was the one that got a deal over the line.

The idea that this big-mouthed hypocrite 'saved' us absolutely does my head in.

what a shock to see you moaning about his soundbites over the singing yet again.

And let me get this straight, too - when he was doing things you agreed with he was heroically saving the club and fighting our corner at ever turn?

But, when he turned on our own supporters his words are suddenly downgraded to mere 'soundbites'?

Aye, right.

:000000082:

I'm sure everyone remembers there's been several individuals involved but Green lead the group to save the club and as CEO was running us day to day, so of course he takes the bulk of the credit. The fans' role was huge as well, but we weren't putting money up to buy the club, without buyers we had no club to give ST money to.

I said disagree because you don't sound all that unhappy that he's gone, and referred to him as a bastard in one post.

Yep one of many bastards imo old and new.

Let's get this straight once and for all - Green never saved the club.

We the supporters did. Green would have been nowhere near us if it had not been a will and insight to tap into the potential to monetize our support. That's the end of his motivation. If his motivation was different, he wouldn't have walked away so readily when he took the chance to do so.

What Green did do was make the best bid to Duff & Phelps at the time - or so we are to believe at the moment prior to the conclusion of all of BDO's investigations - so he was the one that got a deal over the line.

The idea that this big-mouthed hypocrite 'saved' us absolutely does my head in.

Did the fans get us a licence to play??? How do you think that would have gone without CG?

Yet another one re writing history and missing the point that if CG hadn't appeared there wasn't anyone else willing to do what he did. Did the Rangers fans who had the ability to do what CG did bother? You and I know the answer.

If you don't think he saved us can you tell us what would have happened if he hadn't arrived?

Did the fans get us a licence to play??? How do you think that would have gone without CG?

Yet another one re writing history and missing the point that if CG hadn't appeared there wasn't anyone else willing to do what he did. Did the Rangers fans who had the ability to do what CG did bother? You and I know the answer.

If you don't think he saved us can you tell us what would have happened if he hadn't arrived?

There would have been an open and fair sale of the assets, and we would be in a much stronger position. As it stands, he's sat in France not giving two fucks about us, with near on £4m of investors dough. Thanks Charles.

There would have been an open and fair sale of the assets, and we would be in a much stronger position. As it stands, he's sat in France not giving two fucks about us, with near on £4m of investors dough. Thanks Charles.
Aye Tesco and the hoose builders would have made sure of that one way or another, there again some real Rangers men would have stepped up to the plate and saved the day wouldn't they have, that's right they wouldn't have and didn't. :cgreen:

Aye Tesco and the hoose builders would have made sure of that one way or another, there again some real Rangers men would have stepped up to the plate and saved the day wouldn't they have, that's right they wouldn't have and didn't. :cgreen:

Aye ok. Green saved us from Tesco's.

And let me get this straight, too - when he was doing things you agreed with he was heroically saving the club and fighting our corner at ever turn?

But, when he turned on our own supporters his words are suddenly downgraded to mere 'soundbites'?

Aye, right.

:000000082:

he tried damage limitation after the halfwit twittered, without authorisation, at half time. Said halfwit also got his balls toed for his nonsense.

Has he taken this money from Rangers or will this be from the sale of his shares? There was plenty of time for people to bid for the club and the only one who really had the funds put them up. You really should stop rewriting history to suit yourself. Care to expand on how we would have been in a much stronger position? I think we'd all like to hear about that.

Aye ok. Green saved us from Tesco's.

I note you avoided the thrust i.e real Rangers men, sort of fucks up your inane ramblings that Charlie an outsider had to throw us a life line while real Rangers men where as easy to find as rocking horse shit.. :cgreen:

Duff & Phelps had a legal duty to accept the best offer for the creditors - if it wasn't Green then quite obviously it would have been someone else.

So, not only didn't he 'save us' if he hadn't been there at all then someone else would have. The next highest bidder most likely.

These are the facts of the matter.