Charles Green

minstral

It was in the region of 200k in Manchester. Even with all paying £27.50 to raise the £5.5m there were other costs involved. Running costs until season ticket sales meant that approx another £6m would be required. You would need to raise £12m last June to buy the Club and run it until revenue streams opened up. That would be £60 per head for all 200,000 therefore it isn't all as simple as people think.

There was 200k in the city. In addition to that was the fans at the stadium.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely sick of everything not related to the footballing side of things at Rangers and even some of that is getting me annoyed tbh.

The boardroom stuff is just absolutely soul destroying. We have missed probably the biggest opportunity in this clubs history to take it down a new and exciting path and into the footballing 21st century. When Charles Green was here no matter what he said or did i actually had faith he would stick to a financial structure and employ people to follow a footballing philosophy and try and take us down this new route.

Now since Mather and Walter have got their feet under the table in the boardroom we are right back to the old days. Dignified silence, no clear footballing philosophy at the club, spending money when its not needed.

I know its been gone over but what a massive opportunity missed when you think about it!

We should be ran like a Porto or ajax. Don't kid ourselves on that we can compete with the best in Europe. Put an emphasis on scouting the best talent in the world, sell for good profits and reinvest, try and establish a clear footballing philosophy right through the club and hope to get into the champs league group stages every year, occasionally get out them or get to latter stages of the europa league. When you think about it its really not that far fetched is it?

Remove Ian Black and John Daly for example. Their wages could pay for a few scouts and their trips to any country in the world to really search for gems and it can be in countries where there wont be extortionate fees.

If people at the club and the fans could just see the long game for a second we could of got through the leagues on peanuts while trying to implement this, time was definitely on our side. But we are squandering IPO cash on wages and money we dont need to be paying that could of gone into a vision for this club but looks like it wont happen. This would of meant not competing in the cups for a year or two but would the end goal be worth it? IMO it would of been the best thing we could ever do but our club is so short sighted and hell bent on instant success it would never have the time to flourish.

What we need is some rich fucker to come along and drag us into the modern world of footballing but don't think it will ever happen unfortunately

Green on the reasons why the Ibrox club had been consigned to the Third Division of Scottish football:

Continue reading the main story

This is probably the worst Rangers team you have ever seen.

Charles Green

Outgoing Rangers chief executive

"Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of its been driven by jealousy and some of it's been driven by all the wrong motives."

Absolutely sick of everything not related to the footballing side of things at Rangers and even some of that is getting me annoyed tbh.

The boardroom stuff is just absolutely soul destroying. We have missed probably the biggest opportunity in this clubs history to take it down a new and exciting path and into the footballing 21st century. When Charles Green was here no matter what he said or did i actually had faith he would stick to a financial structure and employ people to follow a footballing philosophy and try and take us down this new route.

Now since Mather and Walter have got their feet under the table in the boardroom we are right back to the old days. Dignified silence, no clear footballing philosophy at the club, spending money when its not needed.

I know its been gone over but what a massive opportunity missed when you think about it!

We should be ran like a Porto or ajax. Don't kid ourselves on that we can compete with the best in Europe. Put an emphasis on scouting the best talent in the world, sell for good profits and reinvest, try and establish a clear footballing philosophy right through the club and hope to get into the champs league group stages every year, occasionally get out them or get to latter stages of the europa league. When you think about it its really not that far fetched is it?

Remove Ian Black and John Daly for example. Their wages could pay for a few scouts and their trips to any country in the world to really search for gems and it can be in countries where there wont be extortionate fees.

If people at the club and the fans could just see the long game for a second we could of got through the leagues on peanuts while trying to implement this, time was definitely on our side. But we are squandering IPO cash on wages and money we dont need to be paying that could of gone into a vision for this club but looks like it wont happen. This would of meant not competing in the cups for a year or two but would the end goal be worth it? IMO it would of been the best thing we could ever do but our club is so short sighted and hell bent on instant success it would never have the time to flourish.

What we need is some rich fucker to come along and drag us into the modern world of footballing but don't think it will ever happen unfortunately

We don't need that at all, no offence intended MB as I know you mean well, the remainder of your post is very good indeed and I agree with you on the other points - but that last line demonstrates exactly the attitude that led to David Murray almost destroying our club.

We do need the better people in charge and improved, united fan representation - while Mark Dingwall & the RST are around that just won't happen.

But wait about hoping for another sugar daddy? We are not some toothless old whore.

We don't need that at all, no offence intended MB as I know you mean well, the remainder of your post is very good indeed and I agree with you on the other points - but that last line demonstrates exactly the attitude that led to David Murray almost destroying our club.

We do need the better people in charge and improved, united fan representation - while Mark Dingwall & the RST are around that just won't happen.

But wait about hoping for another sugar daddy? We are not some toothless old whore.

Nah i've worded that completely wrong. I meant a rich man to buy all shares to own us completely and do all the things that i suggested. Thats what i meant by a rich man dragging us into the modern footballing world