Charles Green

minstral

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was. He was also massivley in love with the attention he got and would say things for effect to get more. The way he bought our club seems to me to be very disturbing and I don't trust anyone he brought in to invest. I would happily start all over again at the bottom if we could have more trustworthy owners, as long as the history remained of course.

Who would you regard as more "trustworthy owners"?

Now that is nonsense, we are only a shadow of the club that we once were. In the old days we always paid our way, and never had a cretin who bumped people for money.

That's an entirely different argument. You were talking about the PC brigade issues in relation to our club.

You and Me and at least 100,000 others ideally.

LOL

fans cant agree on what colour the grass is far less anything else

what you need is a proper no nonsense, business savvy, robust Rangers man.

One that sees the "rangers men" for what they are footballers which normally means in it for themselves, big egos and a distinct dislike of anyone questioning them and their actions.

One that will take action. Whether that be getting rid of the manager, banning the press, defending the club, standing up to all and sundry, setting ans sticking to budgets.

LOL

One that sees the "rangers men" for what they are footballers which normally means in it for themselves, big egos and a distinct dislike of anyone questioning them and their actions.

One that will take action. Whether that be getting rid of the manager, banning the press, defending the club, standing up to all and sundry, setting ans sticking to budgets.

if only we could find such a person,

Wouldn't it be great if we had someone who would also speak the truth about the Rancid Bheasts across the city.

It appears that Liarwell and Co broke the code a few years ago, The unwritten one where both sides of the OF never slate each other or publicly attack each other.

They have a dig at us every chance they get, We maintain the dignified silence and turn the other the cheek.

The more we run the more they chase.

You believe in things you say, quiet dignity and being humble ? :cgreen:

:blink:

I was referring to your brains, dynamite, blowing off collective hats comment.

Do any of them even where hats anyway? Is that what minstral was meaning about the good ol' days...

That's an entirely different argument. You were talking about the PC brigade issues in relation to our club.

Don't think he was meaning just the PC mob mate, I understand what he was saying, You may be correct in saying us auld yins only see things in a good light, but honestly back in the days there definatly was more of a standing together with each other than there is today, if a bear was in trouble he got help, the board understood what the punters wanted, of coarse we didn't always get it but there was always that feeling that we were all in it together.

Nowadays the support is so fractured and the board for years have been so timid and Ibrox on match days is like a morgue, that like minstral I cannot recognise the wonderfull club that I supported boy to [auld] man, I'm afraid he's correct in the sense that you youngsters will never experience the passion /atmosphere and total cameraderie that us auld yins enjoyed on a weekly basis, you may argue otherwise but I'm sorry I just don't see it.

Don't think he was meaning just the PC mob mate, I understand what he was saying, You may be correct in saying us auld yins only see things in a good light, but honestly back in the days there definatly was more of a standing together with each other than there is today, if a bear was in trouble he got help, the board understood what the punters wanted, of coarse we didn't always get it but there was always that feeling that we were all in it together.

Nowadays the support is so fractured and the board for years have been so timid and Ibrox on match days is like a morgue, that like minstral I cannot recognise the wonderfull club that I supported boy to [auld] man, I'm afraid he's correct in the sense that you youngsters will never experience the passion /atmosphere and total cameraderie that us auld yins enjoyed on a weekly basis, you may argue otherwise but I'm sorry I just don't see it.

I wasn't arguing against that. I actually do agree with alot of what you are saying. Look back to the previous posts though, it WAS the PC stuff he was talking about.

Just like this

LOL

You'd be surprised at the number who could do it.

The main priority is independently wealthy and not in with any of the current cabals.

Hell you could make an instant improvement in our media output by getting rid of Dickson and replacing him with edgar.

A proper CEO who won't take any pish from smith and mccoist or any of their media pals is what is required.

I wasn't arguing against that. I actually do agree with alot of what you are saying. Look back to the previous posts though, it WAS the PC stuff he was talking about.

I apologise mate if that is the case, I admit I couldn't be arsed reading 13 pages back and that's what I get for jumping in, now I look like a clown, I was just reading between the lines of his last post, my bad.

Cant argue with much of that, but you could say the same things about many clubs nowadays. Football isn't a sport anymore, it's a money making scam, sadly.

I apologise mate if that is the case, I admit I couldn't be arsed reading 13 pages back and that's what I get for jumping in, now I look like a clown, I was just reading between the lines of his last post, my bad.

Not at all, my friend. It was still a good post! (tu)

I wish people would stop with the shit "Green was only here to make money!!"

Yes he never denied he wanted to make money.

The shares price fell by 33% since he left surely if it was about the bloody money he would have just put two fingers up and dug his heels in.

It was his wild ambition and flamboyance that brought in the investors.

He knew that once we where Scottish Champions and playing in Europe they would be happy with that in the long run.

But unless u do stupid stuff and push boundaries then sod all is ever going to happen.