Mather Official Site.

RANGERS will be back at the top table with full membership and voting rights in the Scottish Professional Football League.

It is further confirmation of Rangers return to a position of influence within the game.

Rangers’ chief executive Craig Mather said: “This is the status Rangers should have and we look forward to playing a full and leading part in the rebuilding of Scottish football.

“That’s what all of us; everyone who cares about the game should be working towards. It is also important that Rangers’ voice be heard because this Club is too big and too important to be ignored.

“Stage one has been completed but the journey continues and we hope to meet and make many more friends along the way. However, now that we are full members we will be determined to make our own views on the game’s future known.

“Everyone knows Rangers have had to tread carefully but we will now be moving forward with greater purpose and determination on and off the pitch as well as within the corridors of power.”

The formation of the SPFL was confirmed late last night following agreement between the SPL and SFL.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“This is the status Rangers should have and we look forward to playing a full and leading part in the rebuilding of Scottish football.

“That’s what all of us; everyone who cares about the game should be working towards. It is also important that Rangers’ voice be heard because this Club is too big and too important to be ignored.

This concerns me............we will not be palying a full and leading part in rebuilding Scottish football! we have a 1/20th vote and then have one vote at the top table, not Rangers but the 20 clubs who make up the bottom two leagues, so how he can say what he has confuses me. To further add to this..just look who sits on the new leagues board..nuff said.

Our voice will not be heard how he thinks that is beyond me.

Completely fair enough....I wonder if those calling him a 'cunt' and a 'cretin' based on an extract from the BBC will perhaps change there view now his views are given some more context?

sarckev please tell me what positives you took from that...............we have no clout whatsoever in this new set up.

“This is the status Rangers should have and we look forward to playing a full and leading part in the rebuilding of Scottish football.

This concerns me............we will not be palying a full and leading part in rebuilding Scottish football! we have a 1/20th vote and then have one vote at the top table, not Rangers but the 20 clubs who make up the bottom two leagues, so how he can say what he has confuses me. To further add to this..just look who sits on the new leagues board..nuff said.

Our voice will not be heard how he thinks that is beyond me.

We should be represented on the board that much I agree with however under the new rules if 2 clubs out of 42 don't agree with something it won't pass and now we have a vote and a say we can lobby for more influence....in the mean time getting a representative onto these committees and boards is important IMO due to the current make up of that board and the benefits we bring to the game up here!

Both Longmuir & Doncaster are running for the position of Chief Executive of the SPFL. Judging on performaces, there is only one winner and that is Longmuir.

Whoever gets this post will tell us an awful lot if you catch my drift....

sarckev please tell me what positives you took from that...............we have no clout whatsoever in this new set up.

However, now that we are full members we will be determined to make our own views on the game’s future known.

“Everyone knows Rangers have had to tread carefully but we will now be moving forward with greater purpose and determination on and off the pitch as well as within the corridors of power.”

That's the positive but for me ed....basically he is saying we couldn't go shouting our mouth off about things from the outside as it would have just made things worse and we had to tread carefully, however now we have our foot back in the door the club plans to be more proactive and vociferous in having our views on things heard!

Reading between the lines the focus seems to be on us helping rebuild Scottish football rather than what's best for us - and before anyone says it, I don't think the both have to be mutually exclusive. Fuck the Scottish game, we should not be looking to help anyone other than ourselfs.

However, now that we are full members we will be determined to make our own views on the game's future known.

"Everyone knows Rangers have had to tread carefully but we will now be moving forward with greater purpose and determination on and off the pitch as well as within the corridors of power."

That's the positive but for me ed....basically he is saying we couldn't go shouting our mouth off about things from the outside as it would have just made things worse and we had to tread carefully, however now we have our foot back in the door the club plans to be more proactive and vociferous in having our views on things heard!

Think I will need to bow out of this one...............we are naked in that we have been stripped of any say whatsoever.

Reading between the lines the focus seems to be on us helping rebuild Scottish football rather than what's best for us - and before anyone says it, I don't think the both have to be mutually exclusive. Fuck the Scottish game, we should not be looking to help anyone other than ourselfs.

basically.

Let's just forget the fact we were arse raped and treated like criminals while we rebuild this pit they created 12 months ago.

Aye nae bother.

We should be represented on the board that much I agree with however under the new rules if 2 clubs out of 42 don't agree with something it won't pass and now we have a vote and a say we can lobby for more influence....in the mean time getting a representative onto these committees and boards is important IMO due to the current make up of that board and the benefits we bring to the game up here!

We have a board in Scottish football made up of 3 top league teams.......2 next tier and 1 from the bottom.............so really it's not all 42 clubs casting a vote it's each division apart from the also rans having two divisions to decide how they will vote and their board member having his vote on the board...............so basically it looks a 5-1 vote all the time

Having a vote in this set up for us is worthless. We have no say whatsoever and I just can't grasp at why Mather is saying this.

We have a board in Scottish football made up of 3 top league teams.......2 next tier and 1 from the bottom.............so really it's not all 42 clubs casting a vote it's each division apart from the also rans having two divisions to decide how they will vote and their board member having his vote on the board...............so basically it looks a 5-1 vote all the time

That's not right mate, if you read the guidelines of the new body...all decisions are voted on by each club on a 40-2 majority! The purpose of the board is to take ideas and proposals back to the clubs to vote on...

You know what, I don't want to build bridges and I want no part of helping Scottish football get back on it's feet.

Scottish football did not give a fuck about us a year ago, so why should I give a fuck about Scottish football. We should be looking after ourselves, and we don't seem to be. Seems we are just lubing up and bending over.

That's not right mate, if you read the guidelines of the new body...all decisions are voted on by each club on a 40-2 majority! The purpose of the board is to take ideas and proposals back to the clubs to vote on...

Explain why the 3-2-1 set up re votes then.

You know what, I don't want to build bridges and I want no part of helping Scottish football get back on it's feet.

Scottish football did not give a fuck about us a year ago, so why should I give a fuck about Scottish football. We should be looking after ourselves, and we don't seem to be. Seems we are just lubing up and bending over.

(tu)

What issues have we "lubed up and bent over" on?

The 5 way agreement for a start.

Waiving TV money and also being forced to give up our 2 million the SPL owed us

That's for starters.

The reasons why we had to "bend over" there have been made abundantly clear. Unless you would have been happy with no professional league to play in last season.

What issues have we "lubed up and bent over" on?

We have sat silently since CG left, and said nothing about anything.

Now that reconstruction has went through, and we now have full membership, which basicaly amounts to the square root of fuck all, we start to bring out statements. The damage has been done IMO, they got the vote through.

Also I fully believe that we will have a lot less power when we get back to the top flight than we had before.

We were in a position of strength when CG was releasing statements slating the reconstruction farce, they NEEDED that blue pound and IMO that was the reason the first few votes were blown out of the water. CG left, our voice of opposition stopped, and the bullied their way to getting what they wanted anyway. They now have our blue pound and we just stood back and watched (humbly) while it happened.

Pretty annoyed today.