An insult to the Rangers support ?

D'Artagnan

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am saying it is impossible to debate with someone who will not or cannot seperate right from wrong.

Where is that even coming from? What part of anything has led you to that conclusion. Specifics please, not soundbites or generalisations.

I agree Keevins is wrong we disagree on how it should be dealt with. Where's the not knowing right from wrong?

Telling someone to leave or stay away from your house is entirely different from banning someone, a journalist, from a recognised public arena as a punative measure. Due to the principles argued before.

We're really just going round in circles here and are about to have the same argument over again.

It is actually a public arena whereby a section of the public area admitted on payment. And the people who pay to keep that public arena open and the team which play there operating, should have a right to have their opinion heard. Particularly when they themselves have been victim of this journalists lies and mis-representation.

It is actually a public arena whereby a section of the public area admitted on payment. And the people who pay to keep that public arena open and the team which play there operating, should have a right to have their opinion heard. Particularly when they themselves have been victim of this journalists lies and mis-representation.

Of course they have the right to have their opinion heard, but that also applies to non paying people, anyone actually. But that doesn't mean to say they should decide which journs attend or are banned either. That's too much like mob justice... which we have been the victim of before.

And it isn't just Rangers fans that keep the arena open with their cash. By the logic you suggest we should ask TV and Sponsors as well.

Of course they have the right to have their opinion heard, but that also applies to non paying people, anyone actually. But that doesn't mean to say they should decide which journs attend or are banned either. That's too much like mob justice... which we have been the victim of before.

And it isn't just Rangers fans that keep the arena open with their cash. By the logic you suggest we should ask TV and Sponsors as well.

Its funny you should mention "mob justice". I presume you refer to the taking of matters into ones own hands rather than refer to due legal process. ?

Just like Keevins did when he determined our guilt and that we were to be stripped of titles....prior to the actual hearing.

Its funny you should mention "mob justice". I presume you refer to the taking of matters into ones own hands rather than refer to due legal process. ?

Just like Keevins did when he determined our guilt and that we were to be stripped of titles....prior to the actual hearing.

Yeah, I totally agree he did. That's why I think he's a cunto. (tu)

Ibrox is a privately owned stadium where public admittance is gained by payment and at the club/owners discretion or those employed by them, let's have no more shit about a public area that the owners/club are powerless to refuse admission to.

Ibrox is a privately owned stadium where public admittance is gained by payment and at the club/owners discretion or those employed by them, let's have no more shit about a public area that the owners/club are powerless to refuse admission to.

I didn't say Rangers were powerless, I said Rangers shouldn't.

I didn't say Rangers were powerless, I said Rangers shouldn't.

Shouldn't what take our own decisive action ? stand up against those who lie about the club and denegrate us and ban them because they are lying twats, or just turn the other cheek and get that slapped as well..

We didn't ban them, we just didn't provide anything beyond our contractual obligations after kicking them out before one match.

“Rangers Director of Communications James Traynor said: ‘We are aware of our contractual obligations but we also have to be aware of our duty to protect the players, manager and supporters against reporting which lacks logic, balance and fairness.’”

An interesting comment in view of the wider implications in this thread.

RANGERS have banned BBC journalists from the club’s stadium and its training ground, after the broadcaster revealed a leaked document which indicated a plot to sack manager Ally McCoist.

• BBC posted story about plot to sack McCoist.

• Rangers ban BBC journalists from Ibrox and Murray Park.

• Club accuses broadcaster of reporting lacking “logic, balance and fairness”.

Shouldn't what take our own decisive action ? stand up against those who lie about the club and denegrate us and ban them because they are lying twats, or just turn the other cheek and get that slapped as well..

No, banning a lying, insulting, offensive journo. Nobody has ever said anything about turning the other cheek, as I have repeatedly suggested.

Jim Traynor doesnt appear to agree with you either on the overall principle given his comments.

Yeah. You won't be surprised to hear that I'll be interested to see how he goes about that!

So I will direct the same question to you that I directed earlier to TWB.

So we should not have banned the BBC ?

No I don't agree with that either. For similar reasons I guess.

Thinks there's a middle ground. Allow him entry to view matches and report on them. Stop his access to press days, one-to-ones, pre-match interview. He can't get all high and mighty about being barred, but is last to get every quote, scoop or tit-bit of gossip,

best comment yet well said

Jim Traynor doesnt appear to agree with you either on the overall principle given his comments.

Why did we ever employ Traynor in the first place? He was one of the first twats to come out with the new club/no history shit. I have never, and still don't, understand this. And recently his silence is deafening. Wtf is going on with Traynor?

Why did we ever employ Traynor in the first place? He was one of the first twats to come out with the new club/no history shit. I have never, and still don't, understand this. And recently his silence is deafening. Wtf is going on with Traynor?

Traynor like all the rest who tolerate Nuremberg shuggy's and others attacks on us is riding the Ibrox gravy train..at our expense.