so what happens next

reddrock

Without doubt we are all fecked off with the result and as hard as it is to swallow we cant change it , I personally thought we were starting to see a settling down at the club , but the result aside , all I see is far more strife and infighting coming , so CG is back as a consultant , McColl is backing Mini Murray if accounts are to be believed . Walter opposed CG coming back but was outnumbered , so if and its if !! McColl manages to achieve whatever change they are angling for , does this mean CG goes again and as he is salaried ( if reports are true) is that another wee pay off ?. The fact of the matter is I am more worried about where as this messing around behind the scenes will leave us . If Ally is to go ( and as I have said before I will never call for a Rangers manager to be sacked) not just because its Ally either , Then does Walter go also or stay as he was connected with McColl originally ? , If McColls actions amount to nothing then what ? and Who ? . yesterdays comments from CG and Ally are not the way things should ever be dealt with at the club and I believe both have stained there reputation in doing so , as an older fan than me said to myself last evening " Mr Struth must be having some board up there . with what is going on down here " . I said a good while back we still have a long road in front of us , after yesterday it looks littered with road works , I only hope who ever gets the job of implementing the permanent repairs does a better job than my Local Council , for the seem to change chiefs every 5 minutes and have no continuity .

In my ideal world, Ally would be appointed to the board in recognition of his achievements in helping our club through its worst crisis. He would be the club and fans representative and be our spokesman on media/PR. Good experienced football manager and/or coaching staff brought in and Ally would nominally " advise" them, but basically allow them to get on with the football side.

Walter would be allowed to retire gracefully, and remain relatively untarnished by all the current rubbish.The board would unite and get on with the best interests of the club. Charles Green would focus on what's best for the club and liase better with our PR people (Traynor ?) and would carry on with the fight to put us back at the top in Scottish football, without prejudice against us, and the club would make sensible preparation for European football. Easy is n't it ? Shame the big personalities are not making this happen so far, and its costing the club credibility and money.

Why put ally on the board, he knows as much as about that side as he does about managing a team

Honestly fans need a reality check, we need financially prudent guys up top and football knowledgeable guys down trackside, as it stands we have neither

Same reason Walter was put on the board, almost a token gesture to compensate for vital changes whilst allowing Ally and other board members to save face. Would have very little influence, would be a token position allowing him to do what he (usually)does best, reperesent the PR side of Rangers. Remember the "We don't walk away" speech ? Ally at his best.

Same reason Walter was put on the board, almost a token gesture to compensate for vital changes whilst allowing Ally and other board members to save face. Would have very little influence, would be a token position allowing him to do what he (usually)does best, reperesent the media side of Rangers. Remember the "We don't walk away" speech ? Ally at his best.

He'd still get a wage though, like another john greig, legends they are but they ont do anything for us upstairs

would like to see ally on the board along with smith. A new manager brought in with a history of working successfully with youth development, a new development structure implemented copying the brussia dortmund model and the complete removal of CG and his murray counterparts for good.

He'd still get a wage though, like another john greig, legends they are but they ont do anything for us upstairs

Good point but I think Ally would be totally different from Greig in that he is media savvy, known throughout the country, and would project our club in a positive fashion.He would help raise our profile in good ways. The cameras like him, which would give our club good positive exposure, here and abroad, which is vital in todays commercial and media driven world.