Allowing our rivals off the hook

scotty1976

So, once again our timing is less than impeccable.

More board room developments. more in-fighting. As the biggest show in town with no end of detractors lining up to take a kick we manage to provide the ammunition for them to fire. Biggest story in town - Rangers.

Meanwhile, across the city there is some less than positive coverage of 'the greatest fans in the world'. Where the press could be focusing on the less palatable behaviour of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, finally dispelling the myth that the sectarianism is one-sided in Scottish football and that 'the greatest fans in the world' are actually not even close to deserving the mantle, the Rangers board provide them with plenty of column inches to conveniently bury this!

And on this ocassion we cannot blame the press, hide behind press agendas etc. It is entirely of our club's own making.

More board room developments. more in-fighting. As the biggest show in town with no end of detractors lining up to take a kick we manage to provide the ammunition for them to fire. Biggest story in town - Rangers.

Meanwhile, across the city there is some less than positive coverage of 'the greatest fans in the world'. Where the press could be focusing on the less palatable behaviour of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, finally dispelling the myth that the sectarianism is one-sided in Scottish football and that 'the greatest fans in the world' are actually not even close to deserving the mantle, the Rangers board provide them with plenty of column inches to conveniently bury this!

And on this ocassion we cannot blame the press, hide behind press agendas etc. It is entirely of our club's own making.

I think the ones we have most let of the hook are the SFA/SPL for fining us and not Hearts Or Dunfermline for going into administration.

Have to say agree with the op 100%

We have not so much shot ourselves in the foot as blown it clean off with a bazooka.

Not a shock really that sellik sneaked out the bad news that they were banning thousands of their own fans from the ground yesterday of all days.

I think the ones we have most let of the hook are the SFA/SPL for fining us and not Hearts Or Dunfermline for going into administration.

I focused in on ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ issue, however I agree that we have managed to knock a whole host of other news strories from the back pages including the inconsistent punishments, the lack of a sponsor for out top leagues, the lack of clarity regarding the tv deal all of which should be highlighted for the good of the game.

Just as Rangers take the authorities to task for the fine and go after Clyde for the lies Saint Charlie turns up and it all get put on the back burner. I wonder just how good he was during the 5-way negotiations, is there something he doesn't want us to know? Come on Chico you're pretty good at opening your gob when you shouldn't why not come clean about who put the 2.3m on the table during the negotiations.

Just as Rangers take the authorities to task for the fine and go after Clyde for the lies Saint Charlie turns up and it all get put on the back burner. I wonder just how good he was during the 5-way negotiations, is there something he doesn't want us to know? Come on Chico you're pretty good at opening your gob when you shouldn't why not come clean about who put the 2.3m on the table during the negotiations.

The silence regarding the five way agreement is deafening. Not one leak about it and the not knowing gets you a bit paranoid on the content. It should be out in the open.

The silence regarding the five way agreement is deafening. Not one leak about it and the not knowing gets you a bit paranoid on the content. It should be out in the open.

Totally agree that it should be out in the open as should the minutes of all meetings held concerning its creation. This either proves that we had 2.3m extorted from us as I originally though r that Green offered the cash up himself. A view that I suspect may be more accurate, even though I hope not.

What I've never quite got my head round is if the money was forced from us as Green has led us to believe, than why has a man who is so fond of sound bites not used this for the good of the club.

This is the best post on here since methuselah wis a boy !

I focused in on ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ issue, however I agree that we have managed to knock a whole host of other news strories from the back pages including the inconsistent punishments, the lack of a sponsor for out top leagues, the lack of clarity regarding the tv deal all of which should be highlighted for the good of the game.

The filth are not our rivals and ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are not our problem let the police deal with them.

I must say you are 100% correct. Once again we are dragged through the mud for one thing or another while they dirty mhanky shit stiring bastards do what they want, say what they want and of course slip out of any bad press . I dispair sometimes.