Boydy

thehost

Time to move on, no? Just like Boyd did when he thought he could do better than Rangers?

Let him finish his career at Killie. We should look forward with the likes of Clark.

As i recall it Boyd left because he was fed up being dropped for all the big games and did'nt feel he was rated by Smith. Over 100 goals for bears but all he ever heard about was what he could'nt do.Agree it's time to move on but he should always be respected for his record at ibrox.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell has that to do with anything????

As I said I liked him as a finisher, however imo he should have signed a new deal with a minimum fee release of £1m that Middlesborough would have paid so we could get some money for him.

Don't forget this was when Lloyds had control over the purse strings, so every little would help.

I do agree that him and Smith didn't see eye to eye but I think when his contract was drifting, he only scored 3 or 4 goals from Xmas, which for the player he was it was a drought but possibly understandable if his head was elsewhere

We seem to be the only club that just releases players, buy off contracts etc.

i don't understand the fixation we have with bringing old players back, once they have left we should move on the same as they have

I thought we would sign Boyd. I was 90% sure that when he signed for Kilmarnock for six months, it was to keep him ticking over until our transfer embargo was lifted.

I'd have been delighted, too. We want goals and he would almost guarantee them; week-in, week-out. At this level, he would be frightening.

I'm happy with Clark and Daly, though. They're different types of players to Boyd and could compliment one another well.

I always thought McCoist and Boyd didn't see eye-to-eye, as well. I don't know why, maybe a story from a few years ago, but I didn't think they got on.

I predicted McCoist wouldnt go for "the SPL all time top scorer", and im glad i was right. The guys career nosedived, his attitude was honkin, and he fckin pish. "SPL all time top goal scorer"....surely a host of clubs chasin his signature. Twice. No?