Jim McColl Statement

Broxi1872

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again i feel the need to point out that "investment in Rangers" is not restricted to people who forked out £500 for shares or £50k on buying 5,000,000 shares. Every season ticket holder and pay at the gate customer, without shares, is as important as the guys who were able to fork out £500.

McColl for as long as i was in Hospitality, plus many years before had 2 tables at a cost of £25k per season. Or if we want to be a little pedantic £20k once you use the tax dedcution element. People can say that he used these to win business etc. That was how i used to justify them as well but in reality, i was spending money doing what i love best and that was watching the Rangers.

Further to that, he would always take tables at the cup games which were extra, all the sponsors do's, player of the years, sportsman dinners and so on and so on. All events that was puting money into the club year after year after year.

Im a fan of his, or should i say, i was. I think he is exactly the caliber of person that we should be looking to steer our club in the right direction. His business history proves that to me. And even if he wasnt a fan/shareholder, then i would be happy with some kind of executive appointment. My doubt over him though is this insistence in getting Murray on the Board.

As KPL said, Murrays rangers credentials are not up for question. We know he is a supporter and goes to the games. However i laughed at something McColl said in that article "he(Paul Murray) will not accept anyone who puts themselves before Rangers" I find this wholly ironic, given that he sat on a Board for years allowing things to spiral completely out of control and contributed NADA. Ive read people saying "he reduced the debt" and i think ive even read him saying it. :lol:

He was the Quiet Man on the old Board. Another lap dog. And he most certainly wasnt in any way responsible for reducing the debt. We all know who set the wheels in motion on that front and the Board had no choice but to cut their cloth. (tu) And when the time came to sell, whilst insisting he was responsible for reducing debt in the club, what was his plan, to put us into more debt and strangle our annual income with high percentage loans through Ticketus. Now where have i heard that before. :(

Murray can do one in my opinion. (tu)

Again i feel the need to point out that "investment in Rangers" is not restricted to people who forked out £500 for shares or £50k on buying 5,000,000 shares. Every season ticket holder and pay at the gate customer, without shares, is as important as the guys who were able to fork out £500.

McColl for as long as i was in Hospitality, plus many years before had 2 tables at a cost of £25k per season. Or if we want to be a little pedantic £20k once you use the tax dedcution element. People can say that he used these to win business etc. That was how i used to justify them as well but in reality, i was spending money doing what i love best and that was watching the Rangers.

Further to that, he would always take tables at the cup games which were extra, all the sponsors do's, player of the years, sportsman dinners and so on and so on. All events that was puting money into the club year after year after year.

Im a fan of his, or should i say, i was. I think he is exactly the caliber of person that we should be looking to steer our club in the right direction. His business history proves that to me. And even if he wasnt a fan/shareholder, then i would be happy with some kind of executive appointment. My doubt over him though is this insistence in getting Murray on the Board.

As KPL said, Murrays rangers credentials are not up for question. We know he is a supporter and goes to the games. However i laughed at something McColl said in that article "he(Paul Murray) will not accept anyone who puts themselves before Rangers" I find this wholly ironic, given that he sat on a Board for years allowing things to spiral completely out of control and contributed NADA. Ive read people saying "he reduced the debt" and i think ive even read him saying it. :lol:

He was the Quiet Man on the old Board. Another lap dog. And he most certainly wasnt in any way responsible for reducing the debt. We all know who set the wheels in motion on that front and the Board had no choice but to cut their cloth. (tu) And when the time came to sell, whilst insisting he was responsible for reducing debt in the club, what was his plan, to put us into more debt and strangle our annual income with high percentage loans through Ticketus. Now where have i heard that before. :(

Murray can do one in my opinion. (tu)

i agree, for the most part. Indeed, i would have been delighted had mccoll purchased off murray.

However, his current MO seems to be destablise the club, place a previous failure, on the board and have no plans to invest anything.

He needs to come up with more than that.

If he wants it then he should buy it.

PM was on the board prior to the whyte regime and at that time the club was actually finacially sound, except for the contingent liabilty of the FTT case hanging over it. This subsequently was proved to be unfounded. If my memory serves me correctly he resigned the day Whyte came in. That for me means he isn't tarnished due to his previous invovlement on the board.

Financially sound to the point that the bank had to bring in its own person to oversee our finances due to the ever growing black hole that the board including mini murray couldnt plug

Financially sound to the point where the board, including mini murray, reportedly took a vote on whether to go into administration or not

Financially sound to the point where our own manager claimed live that the banks were running the club

That financially sound?

very surprised with that kind of cv he would come on to the GERS board, considering he would or could be head hunted around the world by the top 500 companies and get paid far more than we could ever pay in our life time, has he been sacked or had some indescretion, or is he now mcolls accountant and the potential man on the inside

I would think a boardroom position at Rangers is more or less a part-time job for want of a better description.

He will be holding similar positions with other companies.

And the other thing i should mention is that it is not 100% definite that he would be allowed to be a Director in any case. As he was a Director in the 5 years running up to our Administration, he would need special clearance by the SFA. (tu)

Wont be a problem, old guard all mates together, build bridges, dignified silence etc etc. Slanty eyed Pete will be loving it.