Billy Gilmour

hammer93

I know one of the boys personally who went on to sign for "them". He has always been a Rangers fan, as is his father. The reason he left, is the same reason why so many other kids have left - JS !!

Is 'JS' the reason he left?

Can you please translate into plain English for us 'not in the know'?

The boy is a Rangers fan, as is his father yet he plays for ra'sellick?

Is his mother one of 'them then?

Hope he is prepared to be called an 'Orange Bastard' by his team mates when they lose, as were the non-kafflik Lisbon Lions.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure exacyly your involvement in youth set up at Rangers, but how can four of them team end up playing for them?

If certain young bhoys are 'open' to signing/playing for bheastfc should they be on our books at all, at any age?

I know the analogy will be drawn with Kenny Miller etc but they are adults/professionals getting paid to do a job, can the same be said of young sellick supporters playing for Rangers youth teams?

I don't have any involvement, I'm just an interested observer watching from the sidelines.

But I'm glad we don't take such a narrow minded view when recruiting youth players. The only real criteria should be ability and potential. There a quite a few excellent players at Rangers that probably were Celtic fans, and vice versa. Some would move to their prefered club at a later date, but the majority will stick with the club that gave them their first chance.

What is a concern is when any player chooses to move to Celtic having been at Rangers first, there must be a reason for that and the cause rectified.

Is 'JS' the reason he left?

Can you please translate into plain English for us 'not in the know'?

The boy is a Rangers fan, as is his father yet he plays for ra'sellick?

Is his mother one of 'them then?

Hope he is prepared to be called an 'Orange Bastard' by his team mates when they lose, as were the non-kafflik Lisbon Lions.

None of his family are. He wanted to play for Rangers but unless you know exactly what goes on Auchenhowie under herr Sinclair then why comment. Many young kids of his age don't give a fuck who they play for so long as they are enjoying it.

WERE being the word!!!!

How can any Rangers fan sign for bheastfc???

I blame the parents, who obviously aren't Rangers fans and/or were silly enough to marry bheasts.

My boy is 10yo, has been playing about 5/6 years at a decent level (still 7 a side at his age group), played against Rangers at Auchenhowie recently.

There is no way he would ever sign for 'them', and even if they offered money/drugged/kidnapped him I wouldn't have feck all to do with pennticfc. What parent would let a child sign for a club who covered up child rape and who's fans chant support for child murderers?

Was in the waiting room at the Doctor's surgery a few weeks ago and met a guy who used to come on our supporters bus years ago, I asked him if he still went to Ibrox and he said he never missed a week, then said, "haud on, something to show you" pulled an envelope out his pocket and said, "look at the picture, the grandson's just signed for them". The boy was 13, but it seems that we never rated him to sign for us, so another one lost to the dark side. The grandad and his brother were the most fanatic bears on the bus at that time.

None of his family are. He wanted to play for Rangers but unless you know exactly what goes on Auchenhowie under herr Sinclair then why comment. Many young kids of his age don't give a fuck who they play for so long as they are enjoying it.

So the son of a Rangers fan, who is a Rangers fan himself and wanted to play for Rangers went to paedofc because of juan guy/herr sinclair?

Seriously, bet his dad is proud!

I don't have any involvement, I'm just an interested observer watching from the sidelines.

But I'm glad we don't take such a narrow minded view when recruiting youth players. The only real criteria should be ability and potential. There a quite a few excellent players at Rangers that probably were Celtic fans, and vice versa. Some would move to their prefered club at a later date, but the majority will stick with the club that gave them their first chance.

What is a concern is when any player chooses to move to Celtic having been at Rangers first, there must be a reason for that and the cause rectified.

Personally speaking, one of the fundamental differences between 'us' and 'them' is that even at professional level 'we' are honest.

Going back years countless years 'sellick' fans playing for other teams against them seem to have 'an off day/bad game' whereas Bears playing against Rangers seem to burst a gut playing against us, maybe hoping the catch the eye and earn a move.

I wonder if this is bred into 'them' from a young age?

I'm sure his dad wishes he was still with Rangers but what we should be asking is why these talented kids are being forced out of the door and being snapped up by c****c without anyone being brought to task. The place is a fucking shambles just now and needs a root & branch clearout starting at the top.

I am actually astounded that anyone would pay that type of money for a 12 year old.

During my time involved in youth football I seen kids who were untouchable as 12 year old and were being chased by clubs all over the county. most of them don't even play anymore.

I seen Ross Perry totally dominate a national final at Hampden in the Coca Cola 7s.

So much can happen between the age of 12 and 18 when they should be reaching the 1st team squad.

I agree and see it all the time now as I'm working at pro youth level

There was a guy I played with called John Paul Dow (guess who he played with) who was literally one of the best players I had ever saw

An absolute goal machine at 15s and I couldn't believe he never made the grade

I had played against guys like Michael Owen etc at youth level and he was right up there at that stage

I last heard he was playing with Largs juniors but my god what a player and what a waste of a talent and shows that you need that extra to make it as a top pro

I would like to point out that I wouldn't let my son play for them, no matter how much money was involved. Unfortunately some parents value money before principles.

I don't think I would get a say in it tbh, I am 100% confident that my little Davie Weir would never even consider playing for 'them'.

Hence my earlier questions, I just can't grasp that the son of a Rangers fan, who is a Rangers fan himself would ever play for 'them'....but your comment about money has answered that.

I agree and see it all the time now as I'm working at pro youth level

There was a guy I played with called John Paul Dow (guess who he played with) who was literally one of the best players I had ever saw

An absolute goal machine at 15s and I couldn't believe he never made the grade

I had played against guys like Michael Owen etc at youth level and he was right up there at that stage

I last heard he was playing with Largs juniors but my god what a player and what a waste of a talent and shows that you need that extra to make it as a top pro

He's making his Sunday League debut this year! The game you mention v England with Michael Owen was on Sky Sports and folk were as excited about Dow as they were Owen. His brother posted up a video of him scoring a cracking goal at Ibrox against us. I've no idea what happened that he didn't make it.

The moral of this story is, the majority of kids at most teams, regardless of how good they seem to be as a child, won't make it. It takes real determination to make it and sadly a lot of young boys think the 90 minute match is all that matters. The few boys i know from my area who've made it as professionals weren't the best in their local or school teams but they were determined that's what they wanted to do.

My boys play 2003 age group, they played against Rangers at Auchenhowie last season.

There was a cracking wee No.5 in midefild for Rangers, think his name was McKenzie, do you know anything about him?

He's making his Sunday League debut this year! The game you mention v England with Michael Owen was on Sky Sports and folk were as excited about Dow as they were Owen. His brother posted up a video of him scoring a cracking goal at Ibrox against us. I've no idea what happened that he didn't make it.

The moral of this story is, the majority of kids at most teams, regardless of how good they seem to be as a child, won't make it. It takes real determination to make it and sadly a lot of young boys think the 90 minute match is all that matters. The few boys i know from my area who've made it as professionals weren't the best in their local or school teams but they were determined that's what they wanted to do.

Sunday league, Crikey

When I was that age I was drinking bottles of irn bru and eating pizza after training etc

Before games I was eating a roll & bacon in the morning and I wasn't looking after my body

It wasn't that I was doing it deliberately, it was just nobody ever explained the sports science of eating properly

The education kids have now know they have to look after themselves and eat right, warm down

The way I tell my squad , if you are at school then say you are at maths , you do maths homework when you are home

Likewise if you are part of a professional youth squad then you must do your Core/body work away from training too as you will need to

The way I see it, if I was blessed with footballing talent at a young age and wasn't deemed good enough for Rangers but Celtic offered me a contract, I would have my Dad on the phone to Motherwell/Killie/East Stirling etc. saying that Celtic wanted me but I'd rather play for them!

Not sure exacyly your involvement in youth set up at Rangers, but how can four of them team end up playing for them?

If certain young bhoys are 'open' to signing/playing for bheastfc should they be on our books at all, at any age?

I know the analogy will be drawn with Kenny Miller etc but they are adults/professionals getting paid to do a job, can the same be said of young sellick supporters playing for Rangers youth teams?

Is it just celtic fans you want to ban from our youth teams? Or any non-rangers fan?

Does primary/secondary school have a factor in your reason for picking our clubs future stars?

If they are good enough then nothing else matters in my opinion.

WERE being the word!!!!

How can any Rangers fan sign for bheastfc???

I blame the parents, who obviously aren't Rangers fans and/or were silly enough to marry bheasts.

My boy is 10yo, has been playing about 5/6 years at a decent level (still 7 a side at his age group), played against Rangers at Auchenhowie recently.

There is no way he would ever sign for 'them', and even if they offered money/drugged/kidnapped him I wouldn't have feck all to do with pennticfc. What parent would let a child sign for a club who covered up child rape and who's fans chant support for child murderers?

The longer people like you are allowed to drag up children, the longer Scotland will have a problem.

I sincerely hope your child ignores your evident poisonous views and takes his own path in life.

Maybe marry a catholic. Oaft you'd be raging man.

I would like to point out that I wouldn't let my son play for them, no matter how much money was involved. Unfortunately some parents value money before principles.

would you not want your son to live out his dream of making the grade as a footballer no matter where he played? I would if I had a son.. i'm guessing that's what most parents think when taking whatever the next step is. the happiness of their child.

A significant number of Rangers youngsters now attend Holyrood, as it is the SFA performance school for Glasgow.

If the additional coaching they get ( ex Celtic winger Brian McLaughlin, who was a youth player at Rangers, is the coach), helps them progress then Rangers will reap the benefits.

A significant number of Rangers youngsters now attend Holyrood, as it is the SFA performance school for Glasgow.

If the additional coaching they get ( ex Celtic winger Brian McLaughlin, who was a youth player at Rangers, is the coach), helps them progress then Rangers will reap the benefits.

Interesting that Bud.

I would have thought the club would not be keen on that, indeed ny of the top clubs would be keen having someone else coach their players.

The longer people like you are allowed to drag up children, the longer Scotland will have a problem.

I sincerely hope your child ignores your evident poisonous views and takes his own path in life.

Maybe marry a catholic. Oaft you'd be raging man.

WTF has it got to do with you ? why are you so obsessed by religion ?

Why are you on a Rangers forum ?