Father and Son

TheBishop

It is great when we talk about the football, instead of all the arguments. (tu)

It is great when we talk about the football, instead of all the arguments. (tu)

Correct mate,fck could not even tell you who were board members of yesteryear,too many egotistical guys nowadays,look no further than the Premiership,we know most of the owners of clubs than some of the players themselves.......changed days.Big Jock Wallace would have told the board to fck up and let him concentrate on the football side of things....no problem. :p20:

That's what I get for just logging on,anyway good spot mate ,because I thought I knew it all football wise........keep that one for the next time im on the supporters bus... :thumbup:

Youre no the only one. I like knowing all these wee tidbits about our history. Particularly things like this where theres only 2 instances. I wonder when we get the third.

Youre no the only one. I like knowing all these wee tidbits about our history. Particularly things like this where theres only 2 instances. I wonder when we get the third.

What about this one 'Dude',Eider Gudjohnsen came on as a sub to replace his FATHER in an international for Iceland against Estonia....and they won 3-0... :ohmy:

I love that one. Even though it cost them the chance to play together for Iceland which is a massive shame.

What a feeling that would have been as a father,to shake the hand of the son you reared after all they years.Fck I thought I was great playing in my youngest sons 10th birthday football party......no joke there was 20 of them ,so I played to make up three teams of 7,then 10 minutes into it,i tore my calf muscle and was out of order for weeks.....

Did you see James Parlane play for us or was that before your time minstral?

I have a story about James Parlane. My Granny had a cousin called Bobby Frew who was on the books of Rangers just after WW2. Played for the Reserves as an Inside Left. However he finally got a call-up to the first team and the whole family went to Ibrox to see him play. However on the Saturday morning, James Parlane returned home unexpectedly early from his Army duty and was put straight into the team at Bobby's expense! He never did go on to make a first team appearance for Rangers and was released not too long after. So Parlane Snr robbed me of the chance to say I was related to a Rangers player!

I have a story about James Parlane. My Granny had a cousin called Bobby Frew who was on the books of Rangers just after WW2. Played for the Reserves as an Inside Left. However he finally got a call-up to the first team and the whole family went to Ibrox to see him play. However on the Saturday morning, James Parlane returned home unexpectedly early from his Army duty and was put straight into the team at Bobby's expense! He never did go on to make a first team appearance for Rangers and was released not too long after. So Parlane Snr robbed me of the chance to say I was related to a Rangers player!

Still a good wee story though!