Gazza Programme

BarneyRabble

When the crews have gone , when the cameras are packed up, when the Manager doesnt pick you, when you lie in your bed alone at night , you are on your own. No one there to hold your hand or give you the strength. That is Paul's weakness. He needs something or someone to make him feel worth and loved , keep him interested ,be liked , the clown prince. On his own the demons resurface and from what it appears he does not have the inner belief and confidence to face it and overcome it. It is in his being, I think he knows that deep down and sadly cannot find that extra strength to ever truly escape the clutches of the drink. Great player who I adored , but destroyed himself . Wish so much it wasn't this way and sad to watch him like this.

When the crews have gone , when the cameras are packed up, when the Manager doesnt pick you, when you lie in your bed alone at night , you are on your own. No one there to hold your hand or give you the strength. That is Paul's weakness. He needs something or someone to make him feel worth and loved , keep him interested ,be liked , the clown prince. On his own the demons resurface and from what it appears he does not have the inner belief and confidence to face it and overcome it. It is in his being, I think he knows that deep down and sadly cannot find that extra strength to ever truly escape the clutches of the drink. Great player who I adored , but destroyed himself . Wish so much it wasn't this way and sad to watch him like this.

You missed the desire to want to kill yourself but you can't, your family mean more than you do so you could never put them through that. The only thing I may argue a tad with is the need to be loved, It is the need to feel relaxed and not to think!

I cringed when he was on tv here in NZ last night and it showed him "treating" himself to botox

Yeah and then with his beauty creams, can only imagine the ribbing he would have got from Ally and The Goalie the dressing room if he had done that during his time at Rangers

He's trying so hard to fight his urges and doing okay so far. You can see he craves to be with Sheryl and the kids but so far they have no desire to be with him full time. His life is empty and he should fill it through coaching, charity work and get himself a good agent.