Richard Wilson of the gherald opines.

bawsburst

There have been no promises made as far as I'm aware. He has indicated that he is keen on supporter representation/ownership and we quoted it in a recent statement. Personally I would like him to say it publicly. He's had and will continue to have plenty of opportunities to do this. Again in my personal opinion he needs to give fans something to back. As far as I can see there is no indication of his plans or even who will run the club if the executives are voted off

Thanks for that.

You can obviously see why people are uncomfortable with Mini and if he sweeps to power on the back of the RST backing it would be naive to think the favour would not be returned

Maybe you will be in line for a trip to Slaters. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rap the pish, it's boring.

Knew I hadn't made it up:

In a statement, a spokesman for the requisitioners said: "We embarked on this exercise seven weeks ago at the request of shareholders speaking for 28% of the club's shares.

http://www.heraldsco...c263fd71b7b3e48

Ohhh Hark at the divisive one,

Because someone claims to represent 28%, It does not make it so,

They were asked to provide evidence of this and could not even provide legitimate proof that they had the backing of over 5%.

Now toddle back over to FF with the rest of the divisive ones and get further instructions.

Ohhh Hark at the divisive one,

Because someone claims to represent 28%, It does not make it so,

They were asked to provide evidence of this and could not even provide legitimate proof that they had the backing of over 5%.

Now toddle back over to FF with the rest of the divisive ones and get further instructions.

I never said it did. I asked a question about it being more than 5% and you dived in with your predictable 'you've got agenda' bollocks.

You are clearly incapable of having a discussion without resorting to childish nonsense.

Fuck it I mentioned it last night but Lisburnrangers is a credit to the RST. Maybe if it was he or someone like him running the show it wouldn't be the mess it is today,

He even answers questions on things to the best of his ability. (tu)

There have been no promises made as far as I'm aware. He has indicated that he is keen on supporter representation/ownership and we quoted it in a recent statement. Personally I would like him to say it publicly. He's had and will continue to have plenty of opportunities to do this. Again in my personal opinion he needs to give fans something to back. As far as I can see there is no indication of his plans or even who will run the club if the executives are voted off

How big a priority is that for him, particularly supporter ownership?

What some seem to forget, either through ignorance or intentionally, is the board are implementing a business plan on behalf of the shareholders. The plan that was put forward preIPO was going to be expensive and it was ALWAYS going to require a fresh investment round prior to going back in to the top league.

The plan centred around getting back to the top league in the shortest possible time while maintaining facilities and staffing at the required level, the board are doing a good job of implementing that plan, we can all disagree with salaries and bonuses, and probably will always do so but they are on track for getting back to the top league after next season.

The alternative plan I saw last year suggested a slow progress back to the top, over a period of 10 years, this IMO would have been disastrous for Rangers so I fully back the current plan and those carrying it out, more quality people on the board will help and the news about Dave king is very welcome.

Where in the IPO prospectus does it mention the need for further investment.

I don't know mate. I've never met him. I know that guys who did chat to him said he backed the concept.

None of these guys have gone public with any statement about fan ownership to my knowledge. Could that be because someone is holding them back - someone dividing the views of good Rangers people. I honestly believe we have relatively few trouble makers and a huge silent majority who really want to watch games and enjoy goals like DJ's on another thread. Most of the people I know would be in that category!

I'm certain whatever boardroom changes occur - a good broad fans group with a decent shareholding either owned or held under proxy and with a sensible manifesto or constitution could be at the least a useful watchdog on events at The Club. Fans already have from ten to twelve percent - unless I'm way off that in one block would be the biggest single shareholding but in reality because it is owned by hundreds/thousands it is inconsequential in AIM's view.